Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2022 (CLOSED)

On 09/01/2022 at 5:04 PM, Notenoughletters said:

1 - Quick Mafs (psnp)
2 - Persona 5 Royal (psnp)
3 - Outriders (PSNP)
4 - Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga (PSNP)

5 - Uncharted 4 (playstationtrophies)
6 - Batman Arkham Asylum Remastered (PSNP)
7 -  UFC 4 - MetaGame
8 - Red Faction Guerilla (Plat Prices)
9 - Devil May Cry 4 (Plat Prices)
10 -Hollow Knight(Playstation Trophies)

@Rebourne07 Hey bro, forgot to tag you when I finished number 7

On 29/9/2022 at 7:23 PM, Soul777Punisher said:

Update:

1/10 Batman: The Telltale Series (PSNP) :platinum:

2/10 Rocket League (PSNP) :platinum: and Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms

3/10 Dungeon Punks (PSNP) :platinum:

5/10 Spy Chamaleon (PSNP) :platinum: and also Jump Force (PSNP) :platinum:

6/10 Onrush  :platinum: which I just grabbed before shutdown 

And here goes Worms Battlegrounds too, a 4/10 here on PSNP

• Like 3

On 14/12/2021 at 7:03 PM, Destructor-8 said:

I think I'll join this one as well since it seems like it will be a lot of fun.

I'll do these -

1/10   - 

2/10   - 

3/10   - Anarchy: Rush Hour (PST)

4/10   - 

5/10   - Gran Turismo 6 (PSNP)

6/10   - Gran Turismo 7 (PSNP)

7/10   - Split/Second (PSNP)

8/10   - Blur (PSNP

9/10   - GT Sport (PSNP)

10/10 - Assetto Corsa (Platprices)

I'm not sure what games I'll do for the easier ones since most of the games I wanna do are higher up. I'll try to change it as it comes but I probably have games that I have yet to put on.

This will be a lot of fun so glad to join this.

I haven't done an update in quite awhile now so might as well do one. I've made quite a bit of progress since then but I still haven't decided on some of the easier ones. I would like to do multiple lists as I've been working towards doing that. I want to try to have the first one be all racing focused whilst the other will be more varied. I'm gonna change it around if I can find better ratings on other sites so these aren't the final lists. I'm also doing the ultra rare clean up so I have to try to manage both at the same time. I finished Assetto recently which is by far the hardest game that I've ever done. I'm working on the Ultimate Edition so that should be done within the week.

List 1 (Updated)

1/10   - 

2/10   - FIA European Truck Racing Championship (PST - 2)

3/10   - Anarchy: Rush Hour (PST)

4/10   - 

5/10   - Gran Turismo 6 (PSNP)

6/10   - Gran Turismo 7 (PSNP)

7/10   - Split/Second (PSNP)

8/10   - Blur (PSNP)

9/10   - GT Sport (PSNP)

10/10 - Assetto Corsa (Platprices)

List 2 (Updated)

1/10   - 

2/10   - Saints Row: Gat out of Hell (PSNP)

3/10   - Saints Row IV: Re-elected (PSNP)

4/10   - 

5/10   - Dirt Rally 2.0 (PSNP)

6/10   - Killzone Shadow Fall (PSNP)

7/10   - Armored Core: Verdict Day (PSNP)

8/10   - Furi (PSNP)

9/10   - Dyad (PST - 8.61)

10/10 - Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition (Platprices)

Nice going to everyone that has finished this.

Edited by Destructor-8
  • Like 2

Okay, this one is a bit of a stretch, but I couldn't find any trophy difficulty related to Demon Turf and I really wanna add this game. Does one guy's difficulty rating on Reddit work? 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Trophies/comments/s2fjhd/demon_turf_platinum_169_level_500_1000_gold/

Also can I use an Xbox achievement guide on Crosscode? It has the same requirements for the trophies and I want to put Crosscode on my 2/10, so I can put Demon Turf on the 3/10.

https://www.xboxachievements.com/game/crosscode/guide/

28 minutes ago, Kramers001 said:

Okay, this one is a bit of a stretch, but I couldn't find any trophy difficulty related to Demon Turf and I really wanna add this game. Does one guy's difficulty rating on Reddit work? 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Trophies/comments/s2fjhd/demon_turf_platinum_169_level_500_1000_gold/

Also can I use an Xbox achievement guide on Crosscode? It has the same requirements for the trophies and I want to put Crosscode on my 2/10, so I can put Demon Turf on the 3/10.

https://www.xboxachievements.com/game/crosscode/guide/

I'd say the CrossCode guide for sure counts since it's an official guide that had to go through a publication process.

The Reddit comment doesn't work though. Sorry man, that'd open up a can of worms :/ Has to either be a community voted poll or an official guide. 

@Destructor-8 I love your lists but I'm kinda confused as to what's done and what's not. Are you doing those two separate lists simultaneously or one after the other? Like you have 7 completed on your first list which would put you in Bronze tier, but if you move #2 from your second list onto the first list...it wouldn't be racing only anymore, but you'd have 8 and be in Silver tier. How do you want me to handle this lol?

Just now, Kramers001 said:

Dammit, but understandable, I'll just have to write a quick guide or something on it xD

Lol it may be a loophole but honestly if someone went through the work to actually write a guide and get it published, I'd say that rating would totally work ?

16 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

@Destructor-8 I love your lists but I'm kinda confused as to what's done and what's not. Are you doing those two separate lists simultaneously or one after the other? Like you have 7 completed on your first list which would put you in Bronze tier, but if you move #2 from your second list onto the first list...it wouldn't be racing only anymore, but you'd have 8 and be in Silver tier. How do you want me to handle this lol?

I'm hoping to do both, just organised it that way to keep track of it better but I will probably change it around anyway. I'm not too fussed which tier I would currently be though as I'm going for platinum tier twice anyway.

• Like 1

So I was looking through my platinums to plan out a path to complete another list and found that I've already got :bronze: Bronze tier complete! 

I know, I know...my 7 is an absolute joke and a total abuse of legal loopholes, but don't kill me. I'd commit to doing a hard 7 if the rest of the year wasn't packed with awesome games coming out that I'd rather play. I have these good choices available for 8, 9 and 10, but in all honesty I'll probably save them for my list next year :) 

2705.png   1/10 - Virginia (PSNProfiles) [April 29th]

2705.png   2/10 - Syphon Filter (PSNProfiles[June 25th]

2705.png   3/10 - Fallout Shelter (PSNProfiles) [October 13th]

2705.png   4/10 - Fallout 76  (PSNProfiles[September 8th]

2705.png   5/10 - Samurai Shodown (PlatPrices) [May 11th]

2705.png   6/10 - Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut (PSNProfiles) [October 19th]

2705.png   7/10 - Conan: Exiles (PSNProfiles) [May 17th]

274e.png   8/10 - Gran Turismo 7 (PlatPrices)

274e.png   9/10 - The Witness (PlayStationTrophies)

274e.png  10/10 - Hollow Knight (PlayStationTrophies)

• Like 4

2705.png 1/10 Lydia (PSNP)

2705.png 2/10 SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom (PSNP)

2705.png 3/10 Ghost of Tsushima (PSNP)

2705.png 4/10 Stray (PlatPrices)

2705.png 5/10 Rayman Legends (PSNP)

2705.png 6/10 Titanfall 2 (PSNP)

2705.png 7/10 Yakuza 0 (PlatPrices)

2705.png 8/10 Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time (GriffinsGamingGuides)

2705.png 9/10 Returnal (PlatPrices)

274e.png 10/10 Devil May Cry 5 (PlatPrices)

A little update on my list: I finished Ghost of Tsushima and Stray for my 3&4 and hopefully DMC finally gets below 20 EUR or into PS+. I always was like I'm gonna buy DMC5 when it gets like 10-15 bucks but that doesn't seem to happen in any sale. 

Stray was a nice little adventure, really enjoyed the whole time with it. Ghost of Tsushima on the other hand is a little overrated imo. While it doesn't do anything bad in particular, every single mission was so similar that the game felt insanely repetitive after just a few hours and i also didn't like the writing too much. It's a beautiful game with great combat, but other than that nothing special. That might be an unpopular opinion though. 

• Like 3

On 23/9/2022 at 1:54 PM, Pro_Ralph_12 said:

:platinum:1/10-toem

:platinum:2/10-SpongeBob Hero Pants

:platinum:3/10-Ratchet and clank 3

:platinum:4/10-Resident Evil 3

:platinum:5/10-Injustice 2(Average Votes)

:platinum:6/10-Resident Evil 2

:platinum:7/10-Resident Evil Revelations 2

:platinum:8/10-Devil May Cry

:platinum:9/10-Outlast 2

274e.png10/10-?

after 12 tries i finally managed to complete my messiah run in outlast 2 now im in gold tier. i really dont know what to do for the 10/10 need some suggestion for games that dont past the 30h mark. @Rebourne07

• Like 2

@BigE1286 Congratulations on Gold tier on your second list!!

@Pro_Ralph_12 Congratulations on Gold tier of your THIRD list! One more 10/10 and you'll be the highest performing player in the challenge the whole year being the only person to complete it 3 times. Your best bet is Atari Flashback Classics Volume 2 since it's listed as 20 hours. You could also try Wuppo, it's listed as 35 hours. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pro_Ralph_12 said:

i really dont know what to do for the 10/10 need some suggestion for games that dont past the 30h mark. @Rebourne07

May I recommend a satisfying little twin stick 2d sidescroll shooter a la Max Payne/Matrix in the wonderful indie gem Bleed? Takes only a good 15-20 hours to complete, but well worth the 10/10 rating.

• Like 1

After a while finally can update with getting my 5/10 game just platinumed! Updated list: 

1. My Name is Mayo (1.23.22)

2. Friday the 13th (2.20.22)

3. Biomutant (1.27.22)

4. The Last of Us (9.5.22)

5. Judgment (11.3.22)

6. Kingdom Hearts (5.5.22)

7. Bloodborne

8. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2

9. Dead Space 2

10. Devil May Cry 5

My 5/10 was a toss up between a few games and ended up being Judgment. Has become easily now one of my top ten favorite games. Just have 7-10 to go. Even if I don't get the list done, glad to have gotten a little over half.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, RicosTrophyHunt said:

Going to have to pull out of this one @Rebourne07, thanks for the challenge but with work commitments I don’t really have the time now. I’ve just been playing casually for the past few weeks.

I look forward to the 2023 challenge 1f606.png

np at all man. Enjoy your 2022, see you in 2023 :)

Update

1/10: Ark: Survival Evolved (PlaystationTrophies)
2/10: LEGO DC Super-Villains (PlaystationTrophies)

3/10: The Playroom VR (PSNP)
4/10: SpongeBob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated (PlaystationTrophies)
5/10: Grand Theft Auto V (PlaystationTrophies)
6/10: 
7/10: 

8/10: 

9/10:

10/10: Fall Guys (PlaystationTrophies)

• Like 4

I wanted to add a bit of a personal challenge on top of this one. I decided to go for games that I had no trophies unlocked so each trophy required for platinum was all earned in 2022. Loved this challenge as I explored different types of games and also realized what kind of platinums I like (not a fan of multiple playthroughs or obscene grind lol). Best game I played on the list was Elden Ring, BlloodBorne, and Horizon Forbidden West. I was also surprised that Titanfall 2 multiplayer was still online even though it took 5 minutes to find a match. My main game I play is Destiny 2 so me and some friends went to Destiny 1 and did all the raids again and tackled the trophies together. All in all every game was fun to play even though Hollow Knight was a tough one (beautiful art though). Here is my completed list:

1. Life is Strange (playstation trophies:platinum:
  2. Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart (Powerpyx:platinum:
  3. Horizon Forbidden West (Powerpyx:platinum:
  4. Rise of the Tomb Raider (psnprofiles:platinum:
  5. Call of Duty 4: Remastered (Powerpyx:platinum:
  6. Titanfall 2 (psnprofiles:platinum:
  7. Elden Ring (psnprofiles:platinum:
  8. Bloodborne + 100% DLC (psnprofiles:platinum:
  9. Destiny 1: The collection (playstationtrophies:platinum: *8.6 but rounded to 9
  10. Hollow Knight (playstationtrophies:platinum:

@Rebourne07 I forgot to tag you after completing the above. Thanks again for an awesome event!

Edited by xdrumrxprodigyx
  • Like 4

1/10 The Order: 1886 :platinum: 9/19/22

2/10 Dex :platinum: 7/1/22

3/10 Stray :platinum: 7/25/22

4/10 Darksiders Genesis :platinum: 6/25/22

5/10 Dishonored :platinum: 5/29/22

6/10 The Last of Us :platinum: 2/18/22

7/10 Dead Cells :platinum: 8/8/22

8/10 Elden Ring :platinum: 4/13/22

9/10 DOOM II (Classic) :platinum: 11/06/22

10/10 DOOM (1993) :platinum: 9/14/22

I subbed out my previous 9/10 entry for DOOM II, which I can report with large amounts of relief, is finished!  I was able to count this as my 9/10 per ps3t's guide, but make no mistake - this game is easily a 10/10.  I was a smidge exploitative in that I depatched it to pre-fast monsters update, which was still the hardest thing I've done in videogaming.  As a test to myself, after I cleared the infamous level 28/29 in v1.06, I then updated to v1.09 and kept trying to get a clear there.  I managed it in one of my single player runs, but not yet in co-op.  Maybe one of these days.

And with that, I've completed the challenge for the year!  Who knows if I'll be back for it next year, but it was an absolute blast!

• Like 3

Congratulations to @xdrumrxprodigyx and @DrunkenEngineer on reaching Platinum tier and finishing the challenge!!!

DrunkenEngineer I'm jealous of those Doom platinums. If I had the balls I'd do Doom 1 and 2 for my 9 and 10 next year but idk if I have the fortitude to get it done lol

On 11/4/2022 at 7:50 PM, ZLordofAwesome said:

Either the badge is too large or I'm dumb

@DrBloodmoney Any tips on making the badge a better size for signatures?