Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2022 (CLOSED)

1 minute ago, Rebourne07 said:

Welcome to the challenge and congratulations on hitting Bronze tier on your first post! 

My recommendations based on quality of the games would be for an 8 Elden Ring and for a 9 Returnal. 

However, you could also switch Cod Cold War to either an 8/10 or a 9/10 then do another 7. Up to you. 

Ok then I would like to switch cold war out to be a 9/10 although i do not know which site has it as a 9/10 thank you!

9 hours ago, DrunkenEngineer said:

Alright, signing up for this!

1/10 The Order: 1886

2/10 Dex

3/10 Heavy Rain

4/10 Uncharted 4

5/10 Dishonored

6/10 Red Dead Redemption 2

7/10 Hyper Light Drifter

8/10 Elden Ring :platinum: 4/13/22

9/10 Returnal

10/10 Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

We get to start this off with a completion, Elden Ring!

Welcome DrunkenEngineer! Great list. Platinums obtained before starting the challenge also count as long as they are achieved in 2022 so if you'd like you can put your Middle Earth and TLOU Remastered platinums on your list as completed as well. Up to you.

Also, huge congratulations to @Larzz for reaching Silver tier and @TheCunchPuncher for reaching PLATINUM tier! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Welcome DrunkenEngineer! Great list. Platinums obtained before starting the challenge also count as long as they are achieved in 2022 so if you'd like you can put your Middle Earth and TLOU Remastered platinums on your list as completed as well. Up to you.

Oh, thanks for the reminder.  Middle Earth was completed in 2022, but I popped the platinum at the end of 2021.  So that won't count.

TLOU Remastered could, so I'll keep that in the back pocket!  It's good to have a substitution option in case I get backed up.

• Like 2

On 4/22/2022 at 8:28 AM, tigersfan3023 said:

Update 1: Just finished my 2/10 with Star Ware Episode I: Racer. These older star wars games have a special place in my heart. I completed Star Wars Racer Revenge last year, and was excited to play this one ever since. The quality of the port is far better than its sequel, and the platinum only took a few hours. I wish there was a bit more challenge here, but overall it was a good experience.

Update 2: Just finished my new 4/10. The guide for Tinker Racers, which was previously listed as the 4/10, has the game listed at a 3.5, so I'm gonna move it down a notch. My new 4/10 is Team Sonic Racing. While not hard, the game itself felt like a slog to me. So many trophies were tied to completing the single player that it just got boring over time. That being said, I'm glad I got 7 of the 10 difficulties done @Rebourne07 

1/10: ??

2/10: Star Wars Episode I: Racer :platinum: (PlatPrices) 4/28/22

3/10: Tinker Racers :platinum: (dexdotexe) 3/20/22

4/10: Team Sonic Racing :platinum: (PSNP) 5/15/22

5/10: Star Wars Battlefront II :platinum: (PSNP4/21/22

6/10: Ghostrunner :platinum: (PSNP) 3/14/22

7/10: ??

8/10: Trials of the Blood Dragon :platinum: (PSNP) 3/31/22

9/10: Trials Rising :platinum: (PlatPrices) 3/6/22

10/10: ??

Congratulations on Bronze tier :)

• Like 1

@Rebourne07

Lulz...

...remember when I said:

On 21/01/2022 at 5:31 PM, DrBloodmoney said:

If I plat a game that isn't popular enough for any guide, or estimate to have been calculated for it, I would assume it's ineligible for this, but if such a game were to receive a guide at some point down the line, could I retroactively add it to the list if it fits a spot not already filled?

...and you said...

On 22/01/2022 at 9:45 PM, Rebourne07 said:

Good question. If the game legitimately doesn't have a guide or rating anywhere on the internet then yeah it wouldn't be eligible cause then it'd just be your personal rating. But if it receives a guide or rating in the year 2022 then at that time you can put it on your list :) 

...?

Well - funny story - the game I was specifically thinking of was (at the time, rather obscure rogue-like,) Curse of the Dead Gods.

As we know now, it got put in the PS+ free games this month, so thought I'd check to see what the voting on .org had for it, now that more folks had played it, to see if it would fit any of my open slots...

...and...

???

Screenshot-2022-05-17-at-21-15-15.png

:facepalm:

....Goddammit! 

??????

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

@Rebourne07

Lulz...

...remember when I said:

...and you said...

...?

Well - funny story - the game I was specifically thinking of was (at the time, rather obscure rogue-like,) Curse of the Dead Gods.

As we know now, it got put in the PS+ free games this month, so thought I'd check to see what the voting on .org had for it, now that more folks had played it, to see if it would fit any of my open slots...

...and...

1f612.png1f612.png1f612.png

Screenshot-2022-05-17-at-21-15-15.png

:facepalm:

....Goddammit! 

1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png

lmao, well...I also said in another post that in order to use a community voted poll the poll would either have to have 10 votes or the game would have to have been out for 2 months, whichever comes sooner. So since Curse of the Dead Gods has been out for over 2 months that poll will qualify. On community polls, it's not the most voted answer that counts, it's the average and since that average comes out to 8.5 then you can count it as either an 8 or a 9 :) 

RNyIGCa.png

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DrunkenEngineer said:

How long of a platinum was Curse, Good Doctor?

I clocked in around 160 hours…

…but in fairness, I spent a fair amount of time just toying with different builds, and not necessarily really going for the plat particularly efficiently. I’d say an efficient, specifically tailored plat-play could get it done in 60-70 odd.

TBH, it wasn’t a game I necessarily expected to plat, so only really got serious about that last trophy after quite a bit of it just being my go-to “a run for fun” kinda game!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Ha - well, a little part of me feels a little skeezy using it as a 9/10, since there's so few votes... 1f914.png

...on the other hand though, as @DrunkenEngineer points out, Returnal is legit as a 9/10 (via PowerPyx), and know I struggled a lot more with Curse of the Dead Gods than Returnal... (I just platted it in the wrong year 1f606.png)...

... so screw it - I'm calling it a win! :dunno: 1f602.png

2705.png   1/10 - Accounting+ (Ps3TrophyImports)

2705.png   2/10 - Flipping Death (PlaystationTrophies.org)

2705.png   3/10 - Moons of Madness (Platprices)

2705.png   4/10 - Death’s Door  (Platprices)

2705.png   5/10 - Sayonara Wild Hearts (PSNProfiles)

274e.png   6/10 - Moonlighter (Platprices)

2705.png   7/10 - Kena: Bridge of Spirits (PSNProfiles)

2705.png   8/10 - Elden Ring (PSNProfiles)

2705.png   9/10 - Curse of the Dead Gods (PlaystationTrophies.org)

274e.png 10/10 - Tetris Effect (Platprices)

Congratulations on Silver tier :D 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I clocked in around 160 hours…

…but in fairness, I spent a fair amount of time just toying with different builds, and not necessarily really going for the plat particularly efficiently. I’d say an efficient, specifically tailored plat-play could get it done in 60-70 odd.

TBH, it wasn’t a game I necessarily expected to plat, so only really got serious about that last trophy after quite a bit of it just being my go-to “a run for fun” kinda game!

That’s been like Hades for me on PC. 

Good information, sounds like Returnal would be a similar length, and likely more obtainable, so I’ve got options. 

Nervous about my 10/10 options, though!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DrunkenEngineer said:

That’s been like Hades for me on PC. 

Good information, sounds like Returnal would be a similar length, and likely more obtainable, so I’ve got options. 

Nervous about my 10/10 options, though!

Both great options man - I absolutely loved them both, so as far as I’m concerned, you can’t go wrong!

That 10/10 is probably not gonna happen for me - Tetris Effect was going well… until I tried the Sprint mode! :jaymon::jaymon:

I think that’s going to be my gaming White Whale in perpetuity ? 

• Like 1

4th plat done! Now little "Life is Strange" break until the end of the week ?

:platinum: Black Mirror (PS4) PS3T 1.8 (20.02.2022)

:platinum: Little Nightmares 2 (PS5) PlatPrices 2.0 (20.04.2022)
:platinum: Assassin's Creed II (PS4) PSNP 3.0 (10.05.2022)
:platinum: The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope  (PS4) PS3T 3.4 (19.05.2022)
05 PUBG: Battlegrounds (PS4) PS3T 5.6
06 ICO (PS3) PSNP 6.0
07 Ziggurat (PS4) PS3T 6.8
08 Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition (PS4) PlatPrices 8.0
09 Outlast 2 (PS4) PS3T 8.7
10 Super Meat Boy (PS4) PSNP 10.0

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mizz said:

1. the walking dead ([psnp)

2.prototype 2 (psnp)

3. final fantasy 7 (psnp)

4.final fantasy 12 zodiac age (plat prices)

5.dead space (psnp)

6.shovel knight treasure cove (psnp) 

7.cod modern warfare 3 (psnp)

8.prototype (psnp)

9.injustice gods among us (psnp)

10.ultimate marvel vs capcom 3 (psnp)

6/10 done

I finished my 10th difficulty game umvc 3 :) 

Congratulations Mizz! I know that’s a true 10/10 !

5 hours ago, Yuber6969 said:

Finished Yakuza 0. Great game, awful platinum.

1/10 - 

2/10 - Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus (PSNP)

3/10 - 

4/10 - Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[cl-r] (PST)

5/10 - Jump Force (PSNP)

6/10 - 

7/10 - Yakuza 0 (PSNP)

8/10 - 

9/10 - 

10/10 - Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout (PST)

Yeah man, I loooved Yakuza 0 (My only Yakuza game) but no way I'd do that platinum lol Congratulations on sticking it out!

• Like 1