New Modes, New Trophies

nrs1nrs1

I just completed a speedrun on another profile, and I can confirm that, for some reason, the commentary trophy can unlock by only completing Chapter 9. However, oddly, Challenge Mode still saved everything correctly. ?

I don't have 1.05 installed yet, though, so I'll try to check again once it is. I am also tempted to try the EU stack as well and see what's going on there. ?

Edited by Banton_Grievous

3 minutes ago, Banton_Grievous said:

I just completed a speedrun on another profile, and I can confirm that, for some reason, the commentary trophy can unlock by only completing Chapter 9. However, oddly, Challenge Mode still saved everything correctly. 1f914.png

I don't have 1.05 installed yet, though, so I'll try to check again once it is. I am also tempted to try the EU stack as well and see what's going on there as well. 1f914.png

I checked your profile and it seems like you don't own a PS5. Maybe the bug is caused by playing the game via PS5 BC? Can someone else confirm that the challenge mode is also broken when playing on PS4?

@Banton_Grievous Could you try doing this?

• Delete your game and save file completely (just backup it first if you want to)
  • Reinstall the game, you should be on 1.05 now
  • The challenge and developer commentary should be locked, do a normal first run of the game to unlock it
  • ???
  • Profit
My problem is that even doing so the game does not save progress and the challenge and developer commentary remain locked. I'm curious if your blessed console will glitch or not lol.

5 minutes ago, EvaristeGalois11 said:

@Banton_Grievous Could you try doing this?

• Delete your game and save file completely (just backup it first if you want to)
  • Reinstall the game, you should be on 1.05 now
  • The challenge and developer commentary should be locked, do a normal first run of the game to unlock it
  • ???
  • Profit
My problem is that even doing so the game does not save progress and the challenge and developer commentary remain locked. I'm curious if your blessed console will glitch or not lol.

I will definitely give it a shot. :) The internet here's being a bit slow, so it'll be a bit until it reinstalls, but I'll definitely report in once I finish it again. :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HusKy said:

There's one EU achiever now too, maybe they can help. Tagging @wuwiwa

This is the second person that achieves the trophy and their profiles is very similar. They were both missing the platinum and the only trophy left was the 35 min speedrun. Is this the explanation? If you have already plat the game you're screwed? I'll try in a fresh profile without the plat to test this. 

10 minutes ago, EvaristeGalois11 said:

This is the second person that achieves the trophy and their profiles is very similar. They were both missing the platinum and the only trophy left was the 35 min speedrun. Is this the explanation? If you have already plat the game you're screwed? I'll try in a fresh profile without the plat to test this. 

This is a good observation. But I think this is (hopefully) related to save file which already has the speedrun data in it. Maybe it interferes with the challenges.

Ok i activated my developer skills and these are my conclusions:

• The fundamental problem of the game with the introduction of the 1.04 patch seems to be the totally messed up saving ability. The 1.05 patch does not seem to fix this problem (i'm using the eu version, but the situation seems similar with the na version).
  • The game does not save progress anymore, even restarting a checkpoint is not possibile. If you select restart checkpoint the game will bring you back to the beginning of the chapter because it is incapable of saving progress.
  • Without saving progress the game is incapable to recognize when a player has completed the first run and therefore will never unlock the extra modes.
  • Right now for a new player the new trophies are 100% impossible to obtain and i suspect that even the platinum itself is getting screw by the absence of right saving progress.

So why two players achieved this damned trophy? This is my hypothesis:

• The game right now is incapable of saving progress, but if you have a past save file the game will recognize it and unlock the new modes.
  • As far as i can tell if in your past save file you already did the 35 min speedrun, the game will bug and you'll be stucked with the infamous 0/7 counter and the trophy will be unobtainable for you.
  • If in your past save file you didn't do the 35 min speedrun, the game will not bug and you'll be free to complete the challange mode and obtain the trophy.

How can we verify this theory?

• @Banton_Grievous and @wuwiwa must follow what i write a few comments above (deleting the save file, reinstalling the game, doing a new first run). (thanks guys btw, luckily the game is very short and it shouldn't take you too much time)
  • If they will experience the same bug that we're experiencing, being incapable of completing a first run to unlock the challenge mode, the theory will work.
  • If they will not experience the same bug that we're experiencing and they will still manage to complete a new challenge run on a fresh save file, the theory will not work and we will have the confirmation that they are the chosen ones and we must accept our inferiority.

I quote @ToAzalea too, you said to have written an email to the devs, could you do it again with this infos? Thanks

These are my conclusions, let me now what you think. (also my english is trash sorry about that).

• Like 3

Just to clarify: I started the challenge mode without any problems after updating to 1.04 and after the first level I paused for a day and was updated to 1.05. Everything worked as expected. So I'm quite astonished that so many people seem to have problems. Either the missing platinum is an explanation or maybe that I used the external USB-Drive from my PS4 on PS5. I don't know. I will however try a speedrun at the week end and thus start a new game. Maybe that will give us more insights. I can assure you I never was, am or will be one of the chosen ones.

I just completed the speed run and platinum and can confirm that I now witness the same effects as you. 0/7 is always displayed no matter how many of the puzzles I solve. Individual puzzles get marked as completed but they do not seem to be registered in the display or in the menu. So the hypothesis that not having platinum achieved saved me may be correct. I do not have any advice though. You may have to wait for a patch as far as I can tell. Sorry.

Edited by wuwiwa
Update
  • Like 1

[copied over from the EU version topic]

Well, this seems still to be fucked.

I played the full game (EU Version) from scratch today, on PS5. (Didn’t cloud sync my save over from PS4, where I played if before, so a brand new save.)

Restart to checkpoint doesn’t work. If I highlight the “restart to checkpoint” option, it tells me the correct ‘time since last checkpoint’ for where the checkpoint should be… but clicking it restarts the full chapter, not the checkpoint.

The game won’t save a ‘complete’ file.

I played from start to finish in one sitting, but after letting the credits run, and returning to the menu, the “challenge mode” and “developer commentary modes” still can’t be launched - I get the message “available after completion”…

… and if I hit “continue” in the main menu, it loads me back to the beginning of the last chapter.

• Like 1