New Modes, New Trophies

nrs1nrs1

I played the first chapter in challenge mode. You play the game as usual, you can choose from which chapter you want to start (8 in total). Each chapter has a set amount of challenges (Ch.1 has 9, Ch.2 has 4 and so on). A challenge is introduced by a green entrance door, which displays how many jumps and/or picks you are allowed to do. If it doesn't show jumps (like the very first challenge), none are allowed. Each challenge ends by exiting through a yelllow-ish door. If you complete it, you hear nothing, if you fail it, it makes 'a sound'.

I dont know how hard this will be, it is however annoying. Doing the very first puzzle without jumping annoys me after just 3 tries. The challenges dont save upon exiting through the yellow door, not sure if you have to complete the whole chapter (or even the game???) If you can do the challenges of one chapter in multiple runs, good. If not... well this will be fun.

All in all not a fan of this.

Edit: I just checked a video, PC players have already set up WR's in challenge mode (obviously). Probably wont be as bad as I thought, as long as you dont have to do each chapter in one run.

Edit2: Now that it is patched and everything works fine, each challenge also has a checkpoint. It is actually enjoyable and my "rant" is no longer "valid".

Edited by Mori

7 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

so is this just an update via patch?

No need to purchase new content?

Yes.

Seems like the challenge mode is broken. At least in the EU version. In the main menu it says 0/9 introductory challenges, but as soon as i launch them 0/7 is shown at the top right corner and this never changes. Seems like tracking of the challenges doesn't work? 

I looked up challenge mode videos that show the PC version and that does not only show 0/9 introductory challenges, it also shows the requirements on top of the screen. Can someone else confirm my issues or is it just me?

EDIT: It simply always shows 0/7, no matter which challenge set I choose from the main menu. And completing any of the challenges doesn't update the tracker. Thanks for releasing a broken mode.....

13 minutes ago, proud2bNs said:

Yes.

Seems like the challenge mode is broken. At least in the EU version. In the main menu it says 0/9 introductory challenges, but as soon as i launch them 0/7 is shown at the top right corner and this never changes. Seems like tracking of the challenges doesn't work? 

I looked up challenge mode videos that show the PC version and that does not only show 0/9 introductory challenges, it also shows the requirements on top of the screen. Can someone else confirm my issues or is it just me?

EDIT: It simply always shows 0/7, no matter which challenge set I choose from the main menu. And completing any of the challenges doesn't update the tracker. Thanks for releasing a broken mode.....

hmmm, that's a weird one.

I'm on the EU version too -

I'll load it up later today and have a look and see if I get the same issue, and let you know.

22 minutes ago, EvaristeGalois11 said:

I unlocked the trophy for the developer commentary and now i can't sync it with the psn. I keep receiving the error NP-32136-5. Does anybody has the same problem or have i just broken my account lol? I'm on the eu version

Same here. Trophy list is not synced to PSN correctly. Just wait for a developer fix.

2 hours ago, PumpedBySanty12 said:

the challenge is broken, it only appears 0/7 in the corner, the trophy is impossible for now, let me know if you fix it please

Yep just tried it, same bug 0/7 and the prompt for the challenge doesn't show up. Is it a problem with the eu version? Someone with the na could test if the mode is broken for them too?

42 minutes ago, Xx3rikdr3wxX said:

FYI I snagged the commentator trophy by listening to the dialogue in the very first room of level one then I backed out and did the end level epilogue and trophy popped, not sure if this is intended or not but it Saved a playthrough. 

the commentator is not a problem because it still takes less than 1 hour to complete the game

34 minutes ago, Xx3rikdr3wxX said:

FYI I snagged the commentator trophy by listening to the dialogue in the very first room of level one then I backed out and did the end level epilogue and trophy popped, not sure if this is intended or not but it Saved a playthrough. 

Yes i did the same, in fact you just need to listen to the chapter 9 and the trophy will unlock. The problem is i don't see the trophy in your profile so i assume you can't sync the trophy either. Could you try the challenge mode? Just to test if it's bugged for you too or not.

44 minutes ago, ToAzalea said:

Sent an email to the developers about the challenge mode issue and they replied "Thanks - we are aware of these issues, and are working on a fix.

The trophy bug seems to be an issue with DLCs for Dauntless, Shantae, and Dreams Universe, as well. Binding of Isaac had this issue as well, until it got fixed. Very peculiar.

• Like 1

well, now I have a new problem, it turns out that I have decided to erase the game data and start again to try to play the challenge, but when I finish the game the game does not count as finished and I reappear in the dream to be created a paradox, I have also tried to make a new game but nothing works, please help