Platinum walkthrough necessary?

TheSlyGCooper

Hey guys, I followed a Platinum walkthrough years ago for Persona 5 which listed each day (like the one for this game). Is this necessary to get the Plat in 2 playthroughs? Or can I just playthrough blind and use a guide for the true ending and still get the Plat in 2 playthroughs w/o micro-managing everything? Takes a lot of the fun away IMO, but P5 took me around 130 hours WITH that walkthrough. I want the game to be enjoyable, but also don't want to have to do another playthrough as my backlog is massive. Thanks!

I ended up doing three, initially. First following a guide for the true ending, also getting my Personas built up for subsequent playthroughs, and I also got Hardcore Risette Fan on the first run.

Second run was getting everyone’s Social Links done in the single run for that trophy. My third playthrough was mostly just for fun, and I think I only had a single miscellaneous trophy left I picked up.

27 minutes ago, TheSlyGCooper said:

Hey guys, I followed a Platinum walkthrough years ago for Persona 5 which listed each day (like the one for this game). Is this necessary to get the Plat in 2 playthroughs? Or can I just playthrough blind and use a guide for the true ending and still get the Plat in 2 playthroughs w/o micro-managing everything? Takes a lot of the fun away IMO, but P5 took me around 130 hours WITH that walkthrough. I want the game to be enjoyable, but also don't want to have to do another playthrough as my backlog is massive. Thanks!

Given the requirements for Hardcore Risette fan are virtually guaranteed to require 2 playthroughs anyways, for sure just play completely blind the first time - and at most just check to get the "true" ending, if you really want to see it first.

Aside from that though, there is some leniency, and playing the second time, you should be more than able to max everything knowing the mechanics and which personas to take where etc.

Have fun - it's a hell of a game!

• Like 1

I agree with this tbh. Almost wish my first playthrough had been completely blind looking back, but this is one of the most fun games ever, regardless.

Hardcore Risette Fan definitely is easily doable first run too, but the amount of resources and guides I was following at once was frankly ridiculous. Multiple spreadsheets/checklists. I wanted it out of the way though, since I heard progress for lines heard doesn’t carry between runs. However, I think there’s still not a definitive answer on this years later. Lol

I am definitely going to advocate: play with a guide.
I did it all in one run and I always make a spreadsheet for almost every game I play anyway, with things to check off and keep track of off. It's just something I like to do.

In no way did a guide spoil or hinder my enjoyment in any way. Knowing where to go and following an optimal route for progress with all the characters and skills and whatever is just that, know where to go. It doesn't write out the entire conversation or scene in any way.

Doing it this way, it took me months (as most larger vita games do in my case), and I enjoyed every second of it. I would not have enjoyed a 2nd play through since my memory is too good for that, so this is my optimal way of gaming.

Good luck deciding what kind of play style fits you best :).

My advice is also play with a guide, it doesn't take the fun away at all! There is a guide in gamefaqs which tells you what to do each day and when to get each trophy, definitely follow that one. And also, I would suggest two other things: make a spreadsheet for the "hardcore risette fan" trophy and write down every navigation line she says to keep track of them and DON'T read the trophies if you can avoid it, as there is a trophy which description can spoil a very important plot point.

If you enjoyed P5, don't hesitate to try P4, you won't regret it!

1 hour ago, TheSlyGCooper said:

No need to follow a guide in playthrough 1. Just make sure you have all your social stats maxed by the end of your blind playthrough and you're golden. (no pun intended) Also the more miscellaneous things you can do the better just so it's one less thing to think about. The only difficult trophy has no real in-game time frame applied to it as it's done inside dungeons and can be done essentially at your leisure :)

Only thing to be aware of is overlevelling can cause you to miss voice lines that you may need so on playthrough 2 just run from all battles and trash bosses with OP personas!

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Given the requirements for Hardcore Risette fan are virtually guaranteed to require 2 playthroughs anyways, for sure just play completely blind the first time - and at most just check to get the "true" ending, if you really want to see it first.

Aside from that though, there is some leniency, and playing the second time, you should be more than able to max everything knowing the mechanics and which personas to take where etc.

Have fun - it's a hell of a game!

Similar to above, the super boss at the end requires virtually an entire playthrough regardless (first available day is 3/3 and the game ends on like 3/20 so first playthrough blind is fine if you follow the guide for your second.  

• Like 1