Question about earning the platinum post-server shutdown

POEman553

So having missed the boat on Platinum'ing the game while the servers were up but it's still obtainable offline, how much easier did the servers make the time to Platinum the game? If I start now, would I have a harder time earning the Platinum?

I'm just wanting to know before I get started.

1 hour ago, POEman553 said:

So having missed the boat on Platinum'ing the game while the servers were up but it's still obtainable offline, how much easier did the servers make the time to Platinum the game? If I start now, would I have a harder time earning the Platinum?

I'm just wanting to know before I get started.

It's definitely harder and more time-consuming now that the servers are down. For starters, you won't have access to the OP characters you could get through the QR codes. I used those a lot during my platinum run to help keep the strength of my clan up for the boss fights. The QR code characters were handy in other ways too. For example, they cost money instead of devotion, so they were good if you needed a new clan member but were low on devotion. They also appeared in your clan instantly instead of having to wait for them to be born which is especially useful if one of your clan members is a month or two away from dying and you need to quickly pass on their secret arts. You can still become betrothed to/adopt characters from the NPC lands, but they don't have very good stats from what I remember.

EDIT: Apparently you can still scan QR codes without the servers, so you can ignore the part above.

The Exorcist trophy becomes more of a pain with the servers down. I didn't even have to go out of my way to get this trophy because I ran into all of the restless spirits in other people's lands. Now that the servers are down, you have to create the restless spirits yourself by reducing a clan member's loyalty to the point where they leave the clan. There's an accessory that helps with that, so it's probably not too bad, but it's something you'll have to go out of your way to do. 

Those are the most obvious things that'll affect the platinum. It might take a bit longer to spend 10 million ryo in foreign lands for the Foreign Investor trophy since I would assume other player's lands have more expensive equipment to buy in the stores compared to the NPC lands, but even so, it wouldn't make a significant difference.

It's absolutely doable offline. Great game that's still worth playing.

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

It's definitely harder and more time-consuming now that the servers are down. For starters, you won't have access to the OP characters you could get through the QR codes. I used those a lot during my platinum run to help keep the strength of my clan up for the boss fights. The QR code characters were handy in other ways too. For example, they cost money instead of devotion, so they were good if you needed a new clan member but were low on devotion. They also appeared in your clan instantly instead of having to wait for them to be born which is especially useful if one of your clan members is a month or two away from dying and you need to quickly pass on their secret arts. You can still become betrothed to/adopt characters from the NPC lands, but they don't have very good stats from what I remember.

The Exorcist trophy becomes more of a pain with the servers down. I didn't even have to go out of my way to get this trophy because I ran into all of the restless spirits in other people's lands. Now that the servers are down, you have to create the restless spirits yourself by reducing a clan member's loyalty to the point where they leave the clan. There's an accessory that helps with that, so it's probably not too bad, but it's something you'll have to go out of your way to do. 

Those are the most obvious things that'll affect the platinum. The Influence Peddler trophy will probably take longer to get as a byproduct of it not being able to increase your clan's strength as easily with the QR code characters, but I would assume you'd get this naturally on your way to the plat anyway. It might take a bit longer to spend 10 million ryo in foreign lands for the Foreign Investor trophy since I would assume other player's lands have more expensive equipment to buy in the stores compared to the NPC lands, but even so, it wouldn't make a significant difference.

It's absolutely doable offline. Great game that's still worth playing.

I've confirmed with several people that QR codes still work. It seems that what the shutdown affected was clan visits and searches.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seraphim_Rez said:

I've confirmed with several people that QR codes still work. It seems that what the shutdown affected was clan visits and searches.

Oh okay. If that's the case, then playing offline shouldn't have a major effect on the difficulty/length. Mostly just the Exorcist trophy that becomes more of a pain to get.

22 hours ago, Seraphim_Rez said:

I'm still able to search for other players lands still, nothing seems shutdown right now for me. So I guess the shutdown might happen anytime from now (I'd say Monday realistically).

Also does anyone know about Ujigami? I'm almost beating the game main story and still none of my characters have become Ujigami.

23 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

I'm still able to search for other players lands still, nothing seems shutdown right now for me. So I guess the shutdown might happen anytime from now (I'd say Monday realistically).

Also does anyone know about Ujigami? I'm almost beating the game main story and still none of my characters have become Ujigami.

I had my first chance of turning one of my charactors into Ujigami after beating the story because I adopted couple strong charactors through QR for the final boss and SPOILER ALERT

Spoiler

Nueko

. So I suppose yours are not good enough to become gods yet lol. But no worries, you'll have your chance later because there's still a very long journey ahead of you in the postgame.

Edited by maneater2016

• 2 weeks later...

It's january now and when visiting other lands I still get a wide list of other people's realms. I never bothered with using QR codes though.

I got my first Ujigami in generation14, I have 18 of those by now, although I didn't make everyone Ujigami when i got the chance.

It's taking me a long time, but I actively like the game, so I'm slowly building up my forces. The spending of 10M ryo took a long time, in part due to encountering other people's realms with highly upgraded shrines and not any armor or weaponshop.

The 10 restless spirits is still something I need (my notes say I have defeated 6 of them), but I have 11 of those pendants that turn people into low loyalty and make them leave. I gave those to twins, but I didn't get any twins for a while. I have a list of people aged 0-5 months in my adoption list and will adopt a few and let them leave. That should create restless spirits. No need to sacrifice my own characters for that.

12 hours ago, de_digibeet said:

It's january now and when visiting other lands I still get a wide list of other people's realms. I never bothered with using QR codes though.

But it stopped updating, right? I turned off all online settings in the game on the 23rd December, and I still have clans from other players on my list, the same ones from that day, and the game says "last updated 23/12". I'm afraid that if I turn the online settings on, the game will update the list and all the player clans will disappear from the list, but I guess that doesn't happen? 

On 10/01/2022 at 7:56 PM, mattigummi45 said:

But it stopped updating, right? I turned off all online settings in the game on the 23rd December, and I still have clans from other players on my list, the same ones from that day, and the game says "last updated 23/12". I'm afraid that if I turn the online settings on, the game will update the list and all the player clans will disappear from the list, but I guess that doesn't happen? 

I have players in my list who are last updated 8, 9, 10 and 11 january of this year. I have no idea about it having stopped or not, seems to be still working for me.
I checked my online settings and those are set to none for social stuff, postings for psn and sharing clan news to everyone (whatever clan news is).

On 11/01/2022 at 9:41 PM, de_digibeet said:

I have players in my list who are last updated 8, 9, 10 and 11 january of this year. I have no idea about it having stopped or not, seems to be still working for me.
I checked my online settings and those are set to none for social stuff, postings for psn and sharing clan news to everyone (whatever clan news is).

Interesting. Although I noticed that the date will update when you visit the foreign clans. So I wonder if new players will actually pop up. I will try it out next time I play. 

EDIT: It does work, new clans have been popping up. So I have no idea what the shutdown was supposed do it. 

Side note: I found a restless spirit in a non-player foreign land yesterday. I didn't realize that was also a possibility. So I feel a little less worried about that trophy now. 

Edited by mattigummi45