My posts keep getting deleted

COKTOE

Last 3 posts completely wiped, all in flagged game disputes threads. I feel they were all fairly innocuous, and was given no reason for their deletion, which, unless this is technical issue, is something a moderator will usually include with a post removal. Anyone with any idea as to what's happening here? I just posted the removed post again, so if it remains for 5 minutes, someone can see it it to see what the hubub is about.

Annnd it's been removed already.

Edited by COKTOE
word salad
  • Like 1

Your posts aren't adding anything to the dispute. They are just a random comment and a meme. Dispute threads are for comments that either help the disputer, or help the CRT. They are not for posting your thoughts on the situation. Dispute threads are usually more strictly moderated than the rest of the forum.

Also, mods aren't obligated to let anyone know why a post was removed. If it was then you can be sure it was because it broke one of the rules.

Furthermore, reposting a removed post is a good way to get on the bad side of the mods.

Edited by Stevieboy
added extra link
  • Like 4

57 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Usually when my posts get deleted, it's because it was unnecessary and/or irrelevant to the main discussion. Also memes, tomfoolery and general butt-fuckery are fairly quickly removed (and rightfully so).

Mods do a good job here, and keep us turkeys in check.

But some times that snide comment is so perfect that I think it should be left ?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Helyx said:

Usually when my posts get deleted, it's because it was unnecessary and/or irrelevant to the main discussion. Also memes, tomfoolery and general butt-fuckery are fairly quickly removed (and rightfully so).

Mods do a good job here, and keep us turkeys in check.

English with @Helyx - lesson 25 ;).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Stevieboy said:

Your posts aren't adding anything to the dispute. They are just a random comment and a meme. Dispute threads are for comments that either help the disputer, or help the CRT. They are not for posting your thoughts on the situation. Dispute threads are usually more strictly moderated than the rest of the forum.

Also, mods aren't obligated to let anyone know why a post was removed. If it was then you can be sure it was because it broke one of the rules.

Furthermore, reposting a removed post is a good way to get on the bad side of the mods.

2 hours ago, Stevieboy said:

- More strictly moderated.

- Only to help the disputer or the CRT

Understood. I would argue that my statement that GTA V online on PS3 is ruinous to the status of that particular trophy list on this site isn't "random", as it's at least somewhat germane to the topic at hand, but that's not really important, as I now understand what was wrong, and why the posts were removed. Thank you for the response.

You know what kind of sucks? People that cheat are bad enough, but then when they get caught and start lying....badly....lying badly about it....It's like getting an invitation to a party I am banned from attending. ? 

Edited by COKTOE
paragraph structure

8 minutes ago, COKTOE said:

People that cheat are bad enough, but then when they get caught and start lying....badly....lying badly about it....It's like getting an invitation to a party I am banned from attending. 1f610.png 

So you wanna then... I do not know... Punish them for lying or sth?... No need to do that.

8 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

It isn’t a party.

Nor should it be.

Enforcement of the rules is necessary.

Strutting, jeering and heckling from the gallery isn’t.

The site has a right to enforce its rules, but it doesn’t have the right to sit idly by while the disputer is publicly humiliated by bystanders.

The disputers are already being punished for their transgressions of the site rules by being banned from the leaderboards - they don’t need to endure additional shaming by bystanders and lookie-loos - and it’s right that the site do all it can to minimise that stuff if it isn’t absolutely necessary to the task at hand.

Please. You are taking an off-hand comment too seriously. I know it's not a party. I said "like a party"  Similes and whatnot. Strutting, jeering and heckling.....Hyperbole much? And if some gork can't participate in leisure activities, ie, games, without cheating, and then also doubles down on said cheating by lying, I reserve the right to pass judgment on them, even if I can't, and won't, express my disdain on this site. Which I clearly said I would not do.

Did you miss this?

"- More strictly moderated.

- Only to help the disputer or the CRT

Understood. I would argue that my statement that GTA V online on PS3 is ruinous to the status of that particular trophy list on this site isn't "random", as it's at least somewhat germane to the topic at hand, but that's not really important, as I now understand what was wrong, and why the posts were removed. Thank you for the response."

This preceding segment of my post, clearly shows I grasp the situation. Your sanctimony and instruction were not required.

Edited by COKTOE
errant extra word