PlayStation VR2, Horizon VR: Call of the Mountain & More | CES 2022

Eraezr

Wasn't interested in the original VR, and can't see myself getting this one. Really few games that looked like must haves and I don't think my brain could handle it.

Really unfortunate to see a niche headset with 5 million sales get a sequel, while the Vita with some 15 million sales is considered a failure.

According to Ming-Chi Kuo, a famous Taiwanese Apple analyst from TF International Securities (a financial services group in the Asia-Pacific region), Playstation VR2 will begin shipping in Q2 2022 so in April, May, or June.

His predictions are often very accurate, since he gathers intelligence from his contacts in the Asian supply chains for these companies. He's also shared that Yujingguang and Goertek will be the Fresnel lens suppliers for PS VR2.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/rxdh7d/ps_vr2_will_start_shipping_in_q2_2022_according/

On 1/6/2022 at 8:19 AM, diskdocx said:

Really unfortunate to see a niche headset with 5 million sales get a sequel, while the Vita with some 15 million sales is considered a failure.

While I agree a Vita 2 would've been nice, and it's debatable that the Vita would've sold better had Sony not abandoned it, PSVR1 is the best selling headset on the market. Compared to the Vita which was demolished by the DS / 3DS it makes sense to continue with VR. 

On 06/01/2022 at 2:11 PM, MikeCheck-- said:

Yep, just slide the visor forward and look down to your phone or device. However most games aren't too long or require that many collectibles. Usually I'll play the game for fun and if needed, take a break to check a guide or something. I love VR hunting, it truly is the only pure form of hunting left (no easy peasy cash grab 2 minute Platinums to sour the leaderboards)

Yes this definitely won't preclude me from PSVR2, I'd even just play on another account if it was that convoluted, but would be nice to blend the two. Thanks for your insight!