• PlayStation VR2 Officially Announced
  • 4K (2000x2040 per eye)
  • 90/120Hz
  • HDR
  • Headset Based Tracking
  • Eye Tracking
  • 110 Degree Field of View
  • Vibration in the Headset
  • Foveated Rendering - reduces resolution for performance gains in the tiny areas where the eyes aren't looking.
  • 3D Audio
  • New Sense Controllers with Haptic feedback and Adaptive triggers
  • Single Cable set-up
  • Horizon VR Call of the Mountain from Guerilla Games and Firesprite

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/01/04/playstation-vr2-and-playstation-vr2-sense-controller-the-next-generation-of-vr-gaming-on-ps5/

So far, it seems this technology is applicable for PS5 only. PS4 not confirmed/not happening.

Im pretty sure they will have one set without a cable just just like the 2 ps5 models ... One will be a single cable and one without IM guessing! We will found out 

29 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

I skipped over PSVR last generation (only started playing PS4 in 2017, Xbox main) but I'd be more than up for this. Glad I held out! Wonder when this may release...

The rumour is Q3-Q4 2022.

I am not gonna spend presumenly 1000 euro to play VR on the less superior platform. 

Playstation VR compared to PC VR is pretty much what Xbox is known for in the console war. 

So if Sony decides to support pc with their new PSVR2. it would be one, if not the best (private) VR headset out there. crashing into the hardcore VR market with a big boom. 

But from my understanding, that does require either making your own software or using software by a third party (from my understanding Microsoft is the big one hehe). 

And I am not talking about fan projects. That one does exist for the PSVR1, but is not optimal. 

Edited by Bumperklever

PSVR1 games will likely NOT be backwards compatible. The tracking system is completely different. However Sony is no fool, they will want to launch with a decent library and will pay top selling game developers on VR to patch their games forward to PSVR2 (like Beat Saber, etc). Think of the God of War PS5 enhancement, you could use your same save, same PS4 trophy list but enhanced for the PS5. Many games will do this anyways, patch forward but it's yet to be revealed if a new list would happen or not. 

We will also see games releasing on PCVR and PSVR2 closer together since devs are not having to develop for an archaic tracking system anymore. 

2 hours ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

Waiting for a major price drop or I’m just not getting one. I bought the first one and played it for maybe 5 hours total. Wasn’t that interested in most the stuff released for it.

That's a shame, check out my trophy list, I'm sure something would've enticed you if you tried

6 hours ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

Im pretty sure they will have one set without a cable just just like the 2 ps5 models ... One will be a single cable and one without IM guessing! We will found out 

There will not be a set without a cable, this VR system harnesses the power of the PS5. 

Edited by MikeCheck--

59 minutes ago, MikeCheck-- said:

PSVR1 games will likely NOT be backwards compatible. The tracking system is completely different. However Sony is no fool, they will want to launch with a decent library and will pay top selling game developers on VR to patch their games forward to PSVR2 (like Beat Saber, etc).

I have a feeling this will be the case because a developer email told a reviewer that PSVR devs have been preparing compatibility patches for PSVR2 since at least November last year

• Like 1

The true next gen is about to begin. PS VR 1 was a nice kit and I had a ton of fun with mine but the dated, poorly designed controllers and limited PS4 hardware held it back. The PS5 and better motion tracking will make this a giant leap compared to last gen. I really can't wait. VR is easily the most exciting thing going on in gaming right now. 

• Like 3

Also a half-funny, half tangential trivia - there is this dead Oracle from Belgium who made a number of predictions which came true like 9/11, Obama and major Eurasia events.

IMG_0243.png

According to a book on Baba Vanga, one of the other things she's predicted for 2022 is a type of digital technology that sounds a lot like VR; it's really going to take off this year in a way that people will become addicted to it.

16 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

So, we are getting VR2 but not Vita2? Did VR1 sell so well? I checked a while back and it had a short list of games

Vita didnt sell well enough ... they cant compete with Switch i suppose and so it wasn't a commercial success

But VR is probably the future of video game, and obviously Sony dont want to miss it or be late about it !

That's why we have a VR 2 but not a VITA 2 ^^

Edited by seblegamer
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

So, we are getting VR2 but not Vita2? Did VR1 sell so well? I checked a while back and it had a short list of games

I believe its the second best selling headset (5 million units as of 2019), next to Quest 2 (10 million units as of 2021).

It makes more sense to keep pushing in a  market that is fairly new and Sony is one of the few reference brands than to keep investing in an oversaturated market that is dominated by Nintendo and smartphones.

Edited by JavaNext

7 hours ago, MikeCheck-- said:

PSVR1 games will likely NOT be backwards compatible. The tracking system is completely different. However Sony is no fool, they will want to launch with a decent library and will pay top selling game developers on VR to patch their games forward to PSVR2 (like Beat Saber, etc). Think of the God of War PS5 enhancement, you could use your same save, same PS4 trophy list but enhanced for the PS5. Many games will do this anyways, patch forward but it's yet to be revealed if a new list would happen or not. 

We will also see games releasing on PCVR and PSVR2 closer together since devs are not having to develop for an archaic tracking system anymore. 

That's a shame, check out my trophy list, I'm sure something would've enticed you if you tried

There will not be a set without a cable, this VR system harnesses the power of the PS5. 

If not there will be a system update that will let you not have the cable ... Its a must not to have a cable nowadays ;) I still feel there will be 2 models 1 with and one without

8 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

If not there will be a system update that will let you not have the cable ... Its a must not to have a cable nowadays ;) I still feel there will be 2 models 1 with and one without

Maybe some type of wireless adapter but that will add significant weight. This must be plugged in to harness the PS5s power. How will it produce PS5 power without a linK?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MikeCheck-- said:

Not the person you were responding to, but how difficult did you find trophy hunting in VR? Appreciate that's not the purpose for it. Always felt it would be a look harder, can't exactly follow a guide at any one time with a headset on...right? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Not the person you were responding to, but how difficult did you find trophy hunting in VR? Appreciate that's not the purpose for it. Always felt it would be a look harder, can't exactly follow a guide at any one time with a headset on...right? 

It's not ideal for sure, but you can move a part of the headset forward, so you can check an other screen to follow a guide for collectibles for example (you look your video a few seconds to know what you need to do / put back the part of the headset close to your eyes and play ... etc ...)

Not the best experience, but still doable without removing all the VR headset ^^

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Yep, just slide the visor forward and look down to your phone or device. However most games aren't too long or require that many collectibles. Usually I'll play the game for fun and if needed, take a break to check a guide or something. I love VR hunting, it truly is the only pure form of hunting left (no easy peasy cash grab 2 minute Platinums to sour the leaderboards)

• Like 1