Very Difficult

pro_cow_tipper

I actually like this game a lot, but there's no chance at completing Normal mode without absolute mastery of this game.  With more enemies, more damage, and permadeath you have to play the 10 levels and the three boss battles without getting hit more than a handful of times.  The perks are so worthless that even if you have the extra money the first few levels you don't get a real advantage for having them.  Not saying it's impossible by any means, but the last boss cheats enough on Easy mode with his infinitely respawning goons who have BROKEN spawn points.  Not to mention that the game will most certainly crash on you at some point.  Just not feeling a whole bunch of hour-plus runs that end with zero progress, so I will call it here and see what GameFly has for me next.

Maybe 2-player mode is better since you can utilize different ammo types and deal with heavies much easier?  Only real downside is having to share med kits and friendly fire.

Congrats to whoever got this plat ? Unfortunately this game has zero marketing and is $50 for a PS4 version game with VERY little content, so it should be much more rare.

Edited by pro_cow_tipper
  • Like 1

On 1/6/2022 at 9:03 AM, pro_cow_tipper said:

I actually like this game a lot, but there's no chance at completing Normal mode without absolute mastery of this game.  With more enemies, more damage, and permadeath you have to play the 10 levels and the three boss battles without getting hit more than a handful of times.  The perks are so worthless that even if you have the extra money the first few levels you don't get a real advantage for having them.  Not saying it's impossible by any means, but the last boss cheats enough on Easy mode with his infinitely respawning goons who have BROKEN spawn points.  Not to mention that the game will most certainly crash on you at some point.  Just not feeling a whole bunch of hour-plus runs that end with zero progress, so I will call it here and see what GameFly has for me next.

I wish I had seen this sooner! I found a game-breaking glitch when I was going for the very last trophy I needed (lol) that makes you borderline invincible. On normal (or easy if you want but easy doesn’t have friendly fire so it’s slower) you play split-screen, down the second controller, start reviving the second player and have the 2nd controller leave by pressing start and hitting leave. Once you join back you’ll be on the floor immune to everything but explosions or if you somehow elevate yourself to the a.I’s level. Unless it’s been patched, it worked every time I tested it. I was gonna make a post about it but I didn’t think anyone would play this game. 

• Like 1

On 1/12/2022 at 3:09 PM, ArabianSwordsman said:

I wish I had seen this sooner! I found a game-breaking glitch when I was going for the very last trophy I needed (lol) that makes you borderline invincible. On normal (or easy if you want but easy doesn’t have friendly fire so it’s slower) you play split-screen, down the second controller, start reviving the second player and have the 2nd controller leave by pressing start and hitting leave. Once you join back you’ll be on the floor immune to everything but explosions or if you somehow elevate yourself to the a.I’s level. Unless it’s been patched, it worked every time I tested it. I was gonna make a post about it but I didn’t think anyone would play this game. 

Sounds like a dream come true ? I would've been all over that.

I don't know if they did a patch as I returned my copy, but I'm fairly sure that Normal mode's permadeath did not function correctly at launch.  I found a review for the PC version that also says they were able to continue from a normal mode save.  Maybe I will rent it again and try on 1.0 or whatever the disc version is.

I'm just glad you aren't here to call me bad ? Normal is no joke.

• 2 months later...

On 14.1.2022 at 6:30 PM, pro_cow_tipper said:

Sounds like a dream come true 1f602.png I would've been all over that.

I don't know if they did a patch as I returned my copy, but I'm fairly sure that Normal mode's permadeath did not function correctly at launch.  I found a review for the PC version that also says they were able to continue from a normal mode save.  Maybe I will rent it again and try on 1.0 or whatever the disc version is.

I'm just glad you aren't here to call me bad 1f602.png Normal is no joke.

On 12.1.2022 at 10:09 PM, ArabianSwordsman said:

Any update to this? Does this work? 

Me and my buddy platinumed the first RICO Game and are wondering if we should play this...

On 3/22/2022 at 4:46 PM, servus99 said:

Any update to this? Does this work? 

Me and my buddy platinumed the first RICO Game and are wondering if we should play this...

I no longer own the game but I checked the steam update history and the game hasn’t received any patches of that helps. Also, I did the glitch with 2 controllers i’m not sure if it would work with online co-op. If you’re playing on ps5 it was a miserable experience the game crashed on me over 20 times. 

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2.2.2023 at 0:47 AM, Ekir said:

Thinking in doing a guide about this game... it would be my first one.

Please make one, or if not a real guide than at least some tips or a mini guide, I would love to see it!

How hard did you find this game? Can it be done in online coop? Or is it bad?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/22/2023 at 5:17 PM, UndreyVITA said:

How the heck do you get the 50 kills with the Queen trophy?

When you run out of ammo for it, make sure not to drop it and just keep using your sidearm until you reach stage 5. Enemies with MGs will start to appear, and you can scavenge ammo off them for the Queen.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2023 at 6:38 AM, RossHour4 said:

When you run out of ammo for it, make sure not to drop it and just keep using your sidearm until you reach stage 5. Enemies with MGs will start to appear, and you can scavenge ammo off them for the Queen.

I'll give it a shot. I think I got close but the game crashed. Hoping this works. Thanks!

On 10/16/2023 at 12:30 AM, RossHour4 said:

You might wanna just try it on easy, you get to continue once you die on that difficulty.

Thanks! Finally got it yesterday. I went through it on easy and used 2 player glitch mentioned above for the stage with the armoured guys (when there's literally no handgun ammo) and went back to single player after that. Got the trophy not too long after that! Thanks again, didn't think I'd have the patience to do it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, UndreyVITA said:

Thanks! Finally got it yesterday. I went through it on easy and used 2 player glitch mentioned above for the stage with the armoured guys (when there's literally no handgun ammo) and went back to single player after that. Got the trophy not too long after that! Thanks again, didn't think I'd have the patience to do it.

How did you get the two player glitch to work? I deleted the updates for the game and it still didnt work

4 hours ago, UndreyVITA said:

Nicely done. And yeah, the game is almost unplayable due to lag and the constant crashing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2023 at 10:03 PM, xLetsP1ayGod said:

How did you get the two player glitch to work? I deleted the updates for the game and it still didnt work

Oh I literally would just punch player 2 and player 1, revive myself as player 2 and quit the game as I'm reviving. After rejoining, player 2 is mostly invincible. I don't really need to do too much more. It sometimes doesn't work but I just do it again and it works.

Edited by UndreyVITA

• 1 month later...
On 11/30/2023 at 9:07 AM, westersburg said:

Thanks. Bought this a while ago in a sale and might try it this weekend.

You're welcome. Just be aware there's a chance it could still stutter and crash a lot in co-op on PS5.

The game becomes so ridiculously cheap later on that you almost have to cheese it with the co-op method.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I played this game and got 100% trophies on my Cosmokeeper account in 2021 and again in late 2023 on my additional Exodrifter account and it stilll crashes so many times playing co-op.

Luckily you can back-up your savedata onto a USB drive or PS Plus, and since it saves just upon entering the shop after each stage, it is possible to keep playing. You can also just press quit to menu while in the game if one person is still alive and then just press load game and you will return to the beginning of each stage.

It's a shame they never fixed the crashes since it's a really fun game, especially in co-op 😊

• 1 month later...