Counterfeit Money is Gone

A12

Anyone who innocently received GTA$ as a result of these exploits but did not engage in cheating to acquire it will not face any further action - the funds will just be removed, and you'll be able to keep any items you currently own.

Those who actively engaged in cheating and exploiting the game in this manner will, however, be subject to in-game penalties at our discretion. This may include being placed in isolated cheater pools or banned from GTA Online altogether.

Source: Taking Aim at GTA Online Cheaters

This seems like the best way to take care of it, but after the way I've seen Rockstar handle GTA Online so far it makes me wonder if things will actually end up like they say it will. I won't be surprised if we see an article in the next few days claiming tons of players who "innocently" received money have been banned. 

Parker

This is a very good move but the reason people have done that in the first place was because the damn missions are not giving you enough money! I hope bank heists will net you $250,000-500,000. I'm sick of getting little cash when I see there is a tank or plane for $2,000,000 which I will never have.. Unless they do something good with the heists, we won't be able to buy those things. Then what's the point of putting the tanks, planes and other expensive things in online? If they are sick of hackers, they should put a money limit in GTA: Online then.

Edited by Amonares