Powerslave Exhumed Trophy discussion

ObsceneSociopath

So the trophy list has finally been revealed:

Powerslave Exhumed Trophy List

Gonna be some fun ones to do here especially if you're a returning player, the difficulty could be greater than what you expect based on which native version you originally played, the Saturn version being much harder than the Playstation version, more ankhs, more weapon ammo, Saturn got 4 Manacle blasts, Playstation had at least 12 etc.

Having a gold trophy for the Lava Beast with a machete is simultaneously funny and evil, nothing will end a No-lifer run faster than one of them as they shred you even with the Anklets on to reduce lava damage. A Berserk power up with the Machete would make short of one but its getting lucky and having one drop near a Lava Beast Spawn location.

This definitely will take multiple runs to complete as several trophies will require individual runs.

The good ending and the bad ending will be achievable in a single playthrough, like in the original, collect all but one transmitter piece, beat the final boss, get the bad ending and then collect the last transmitter piece and beat the final boss again for the good ending.

Collecting all Dolls will be impossible while attempting the No-lifer trophy, as long as the dolls are in the same places as in the original, multiple of them require bomb boosts to get to,1 in particular requiring a minimum of 3 continuous boosts to get to which would cost more than 1 full bar of health. The only way to do that in a single run would to to finish the game and pop No-lifer and the back track through almost every level to collect everything you couldn't which you may aswell do on a separate run anyway.

The art of the trophies is nice too, very much in theme with the game setting.

Depending on the overall difficulties of the various modes, I can't see this being a massively difficult platinum outside of No-lifer although as I played it on the Saturn I'm used to the harder version of the game so I could be a little biased.

Edited by ObsceneSociopath
Typos
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Copanele said:

This game eluded me in the past but since I saw the remaster (especially made by Night Dive Studios) I am eager to try it as well.

(famous last words) how hard can it be? 1f602.png

Exactly! I'm going to play EVERYTHING released by Night Dive Studios, that's for sure :D

Here's hoping that they'll release Blood for PlayStation as well!

That No-Lifer trophy scares me to death. The Godlike Warrior trophy too. IDK for sure, as I've never played the game (but always wanted to).

I probably won't have to worry about further killing my already rough PSNP completion percentage though, as I most likely will get the game on Steam. I've been saving up some Steam wallet for an occasion like this.

Thanks for the heads-up on the trophies. ?

Up next is both SiN: Reloaded and Kingpin: Reloaded.

So having started playing, the game is exceptionally easier than the original with the addition of checkpoints.

Now I'm used to the Saturn version which is the harder version but even with that factored in, checkpoints make it much easier. I don't think the No-lifer trophy is gonna be anywhere near as difficult as first assumed it would be, I'm already nearly halfway through the game and have only died once.

Trophies are easy since there's no trophy for "Complete the game without using checkpoints", but it's gonna take at least a few playthroughs. Harder difficulties are pretty bullshit for the sole reason of having more enemies on levels that weren't designed for such encounters. Later levels with lava monsters are just tedious, since every lava pool has two (hard) or more (Pharaoh) of them.
Plus player's hitbox is pretty bullshit, it's like the main character is 2 times larger than he should be.

Edited by Samurai_SNAAAKE

I've decided that I think I'm going to write a guide for this game, I've already started saving all my Dolls and Transmitter Pieces and although I can't collect them yet, I'm also recording the Ankh locations.

The Dolls will end up being the longest part to compile and make videos for, not only have some of the original locations changed based on which version you played (Saturn/PS1), the originals had 23 Dolls whereas this version has 31 meaning there are potentially multiple brand new locations to find.

Once I finish No-Lifer I'll replay levels to collect the Ankhs which will then let me focus on finding the Dolls as having only a single health bar makes some of them impossible to get.

Edited by ObsceneSociopath
  • Like 2