Do you think SE will release an ultimate trophy in 6.1?

MakoSOLIDER

Dragonsong Ultimate  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Will SE add a Dragonsong Ultimate trophy and how would you feel if they did?

• Nah, that's a step too far.
    • Doubt it but I'd go for it
    • Yes, A test of our reflexes!
    • Yes...I'm never getting the trophy

I'd love it if they did, I kinda wished they added Ultimate trophies in the Stormblood/Shb lists for UCoB/UWU/TEA. In my opinion, anything goes with the FF14 trophy list now since they decided to add the triple triad trophy. Still who knows they might not add it since it might seem too hardcore. Same reason why they didn't add a solo PotD & HoH trophies in the Heavensward/Stormblood lists. Again, I'd love it if they did add Ultimate trophies in the trophy list. Maybe a separate DLC list specifically for Ultimates? Like they can just keep adding trophies on that list for subsequent Ultimate releases. I also want a trophy in patch 6.5 for getting all EX mounts/final mount for getting all of them. I feel like EX trials should be involved in the trophy list.

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 1

On 2/11/2022 at 10:30 PM, PostGameBlues said:

I'd love it if they did, I kinda wished they added Ultimate trophies in the Stormblood/Shb lists for UCoB/UWU/TEA. In my opinion, anything goes with the FF14 trophy list now since they decided to add the triple triad trophy. Still who knows they might not add it since it might seem too hardcore. Same reason why they didn't add a solo PotD & HoH trophies in the Heavensward/Stormblood lists. Again, I'd love it if they did add Ultimate trophies in the trophy list. Maybe a separate DLC list specifically for Ultimates? Like they can just keep adding trophies on that list for subsequent Ultimate releases. I also want a trophy in patch 6.5 for getting all EX mounts/final mount for getting all of them. I feel like EX trials should be involved in the trophy list.

I think there's a good chance we see an ultimate trophy but probably a bigger chance we get trophies for extreme trials starting in 6.1 and then the final mount quest. I really want EX trophies since I personally enjoy EX even more than Savage. 

Edited by MakoSOLIDER

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I feel like they would have added trophies for UCOB/UWU/TEA if they were going to go in that direction. Regardless I'm doing it with my static, so I kind of hope they add it.

Well by that logic they would have added prior Triple Triad and hunt trophies. Now that they're releasing trophies every update instead they can be a lot more creative and add whatever they want really. 

• Like 1

I'd say it's a 50% chance at this point.  I sort of hope they do as we're doing dragonsong ultimate as well.

Considering they made sure you did important things in 6.0, and triple triad includes all cards to EW. I see no reason why they wouldn't include it. Likely can expect other more time-consuming, but slightly less difficult things this expansion, max level/floor of new deep dungeon, new alliance savage, etc.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2022 at 3:44 PM, MakoSOLIDER said:

Well by that logic they would have added prior Triple Triad and hunt trophies. Now that they're releasing trophies every update instead they can be a lot more creative and add whatever they want really. 

That's fair. Now that the live letter came out, my prediction for 6.1 are:

-MSQ trophy
-24-man Raid Trophy

-A trophy for beating the Extreme Primal

-I think we could see a trophy related to the new beast tribe

-PvP trophies (there was a lot of info on PvP in the LL)

And there is definitely a chance we could see an ultimate related trophy. I still don't think there will be one, but I would be happy to be wrong. 

13 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

That's fair. Now that the live letter came out, my prediction for 6.1 are:

-MSQ trophy
-24-man Raid Trophy

-A trophy for beating the Extreme Primal

-I think we could see a trophy related to the new beast tribe

-PvP trophies (there was a lot of info on PvP in the LL)

And there is definitely a chance we could see an ultimate related trophy. I still don't think there will be one, but I would be happy to be wrong. 

I'm curious if they'll have "Unreleased trophies" in the 6.1 list if they do beast tribe and custom delivery trophies or if they'll make a separate list for 6.15 since it's ~2 months out.

I could see 6.1 being the following if they go all out:

-Story

-alliance raid

-EW Final Boss EX

-PvP (hopefully just for playing one match of the new mode)

-Complete Omega: Beyond the Rift Part 1

-Complete Tataru Grand Adventure Part 1

-Final Role Quest

-Dragonsong

And then a separate list in roughly 2 months with

-Beast Tribe

-Custom Delivery

-Hildabrand Part 1

• Like 1

I don't remember exactly from which live stream a long time ago but it might be possible to find if one really wanted to look for but Yoship said he hates Sony trophy system, and only care that his game meets the bare trophy requirements. Thats probably also why all the previous ps4 expansions never really cared to add trophies until re-releasing onto ps5.

1 hour ago, NERVergoproxy said:

I don't remember exactly from which live stream a long time ago but it might be possible to find if one really wanted to look for but Yoship said he hates Sony trophy system, and only care that his game meets the bare trophy requirements. Thats probably also why all the previous ps4 expansions never really cared to add trophies until re-releasing onto ps5.

That was a long time ago and as you said related to the PS3/4 system. 

Here's Matsuzawa on the PS Blog re PS5 version: "We also are looking at adding additional Trophies to FFXIV on a regular basis, given that the Trophy system is now more flexible in that regard."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MakoSOLIDER said:

That was a long time ago and as you said related to the PS3/4 system. 

Here's Matsuzawa on the PS Blog re PS5 version: "We also are looking at adding additional Trophies to FFXIV on a regular basis, given that the Trophy system is now more flexible in that regard."

Yeah that's really great, I mean with so many in-game achievements, they could just take it all out of there.

1 hour ago, NERVergoproxy said:

Yeah that's really great, I mean with so many in-game achievements, they could just take it all out of there.

Well it's more of going forward as PS5 trophy lists can now go up to 1000 trophies, with 50 groups. That can surely cover the next 10 years of FFXIV. 

ESO on PS4 when they hit 124 trophies they had to create a whole new list, versus PS5 is a single 148+.

10 hours ago, technole said:

Well it's more of going forward as PS5 trophy lists can now go up to 1000 trophies, with 50 groups. That can surely cover the next 10 years of FFXIV. 

ESO on PS4 when they hit 124 trophies they had to create a whole new list, versus PS5 is a single 148+.

I mean, I'm not against getting a separate list in 7.0 with another platinum lol

Just now, regislc30 said:

Confirmed: 

1 trophy for Main Quest

1 trophy for new Trial Extreme

1 trophy for new Alliance Raid

1 trophy that will be implemented in 6.11 or 6.15 (i think will be related to custom delivery because it show 0/5)

Dodged a bullet. Easy list! 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, regislc30 said:

Confirmed: 

1 trophy for Main Quest

1 trophy for new Trial Extreme

1 trophy for new Alliance Raid

1 trophy that will be implemented in 6.11 or 6.15 (i think will be related to custom delivery because it show 0/5)

Yeah I don't think the trophy is for Ultimate dangit! lol 

At first I was like maybe its for defeating all Ultimates so far but we only have 4 so...

Then I thought well maybe it's for different phases within Dragonsong's Reprise but that would be a really weird thing to track lmao

Maxing out a custom delivery to Rank 5 makes more sense given the 0/5 tracking on the trophy. If I remember correctly it takes 4 weeks to reach Rank 5 and like 24 - 26 weeks to get the title.  It definitely isn't the Tribal Quests for Arkasodara since Tribal Quests have 7 ranks.

I figured Ultimate would be too hardcore like soloing PotD/HoH but it would've been nice to have been proven wrong. At least we finally get EX trials on the trophy list! About damn time!! Patch 6.5 collect all EX mounts trophy incoming?

Edited by PostGameBlues

1 minute ago, PostGameBlues said:

Yeah I don't think the trophy is for Ultimate dangit! lol 

At first I was like maybe its for defeating all Ultimates so far but we only have 4 so...

Then I thought well maybe it's for different phases within Dragonsong's Reprise but that would be a really weird thing to track lmao

Maxing out a custom delivery to Rank 5 makes more sense given the 0/5 tracking on the trophy. If I remember correctly it takes 4 weeks to reach Rank 5 and like 24 - 26 weeks to get the title. 

I figured Ultimate would be too hardcore like soloing PotD/HoH but would've been nice to have been proven wrong.

I'd be very salty if Ultimate was a bronze lol. It needs gold status.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MakoSOLIDER said:

I'd be very salty if Ultimate was a bronze lol. It needs gold status.

Oh you're right I just noticed the trophy's bronze lmao. That would be insulting if it was Ultimate and a bronze. Kinda reminds me of how the Mein Leben trophy in Wolfenstein II is just a bronze despite being a difficulty where you only have one life and if you die you restart from the beginning of the game. 

I wonder what it will take though for FF14's trophy list to include a gold trophy. Idk why they're avoiding it given PS5 trophy lists are now capable of holding a lot more trophies within them.

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 1