[Solved] DLC installs won’t register?

shxrpay

8 minutes ago, shxrpay said:

If anyone is interested in using the NFC tag method, this is the guide that I used. The instructions are in the comments.

Keep in mind that the link used for getting the UID data seems to go down pretty often for decently long amounts of time (I had to wait like a month and a half). This guide specifically is for iOS, but there are many more guides for Android phones and even an app specifically for this purpose on their store. The tags you need to buy are available on Amazon being offered pretty cheap for a 12 pack, the link to them is in the instructions. If you are using an iOS phone, you need a model that can read NFC tags. I'm not sure the exact model needed, but I think it's XR and up. Not sure about Android requirements or if they all have this capability.

Thank you (and also @Jelly Soup

I will look into these and may try to make a pack for the PS3. I assume all went smoothly otherwise with the DLC? Everything was still available to download from the store?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, shxrpay said:

If anyone is interested in using the NFC tag method, this is the guide that I used. The instructions are in the comments.

Keep in mind that the link used for getting the UID data seems to go down pretty often for decently long amounts of time (I had to wait like a month and a half). This guide specifically is for iOS, but there are many more guides for Android phones and even an app specifically for this purpose on their store. The tags you need to buy are available on Amazon being offered pretty cheap for a 12 pack, the link to them is in the instructions. If you are using an iOS phone, you need a model that can read NFC tags. I'm not sure the exact model needed, but I think it's XR and up. Not sure about Android requirements or if they all have this capability.

Oh THAT'S why you answered the way you did when I asked about your figures, lol.

This is actually pretty cool, I'd probably have tried it myself if I needed to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, diskdocx said:

Thank you (and also @Jelly Soup

I will look into these and may try to make a pack for the PS3. I assume all went smoothly otherwise with the DLC? Everything was still available to download from the store?

Oddly, you can't find them on the store directly (US atleast), but it lets you install and add the DLCs to your download list through the game. It'll redirect you to a download screen for them from the game when you accept the prompt.

6 hours ago, shxrpay said:

Oddly, you can't find them on the store directly (US atleast), but it lets you install and add the DLCs to your download list through the game. It'll redirect you to a download screen for them from the game when you accept the prompt.

From what tear downs of the game I've seen, Dimensions uses a variation on the unlock key method the PS3 used. In this case, the figures are the key and the game considers them valid once scanned in, prompting the game to download the associated pack from the store. Since it works like this in the PS4 version as well, this would be probably one of the only games on the PSN to do it past the end of the PS3 era.

For the NFC tags themselves, if you can spare $20, I'd just buy a pre-made set from someone on ebay. Way less work.

Edited by Jelly Soup

• 7 months later...

I will stick to the topic, because I think I have a similar problem.
I have the European version of the game, BLES-02105. After inserting the disc into the drive, the game did an 8Gb update, now it's version 2.4.2. I did the first story level and I wanted to download all the data I need to 100%.
Here, I will mention that I have already done 100% on PS4. Each level/other content was easily and intuitively retrieved from the game menu. As far as I remember, the PS Store has only the base of the game, no DLCs for download from the Store. 
Now, being in Vorton on PS3 and putting some DLC character on Toy Pad, such as Newt Scamander or Abby Yates, I have the message that, I need to download the DLC, but nothing else happens. When I go to The Shard tab, I can see Ghostbusters 2016 World and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them World, but not story levels. World levels only have an icon. You cannot enter them, although the icon has an animation when you press X. When I put on Toy Pad Homer Simpson character, the game immediately suggested playing his level. In turn, Vorton elegantly shows both The Simpsons World and the story level from The Simpsons. 
In the main menu, when I go to the Options -> Add-on Content tab, I see "Permanent" next to some items, but for example Ghostbusters (2016) Story Pack is listed as "Coming Soon Recommended", but nothing can be done with this. There is only a circle and the command "Back".
Any ideas on how to access DLC content on PS3? Perhaps I need to complete the entire story mode? 

EDIT:
I am kind of proud of myself because I managed to fix the problem. 
Well, I went to the PSNProfiles website and saw the last ones gamers playing LEGO Dimensions on PS3. I looked at accounts with 100% or something nearby. A few players were from NA, but three were from Europe. One from France, two from Germany. I logged into my German PSN account and voila - all DLCs are downloadable. When you are in the Add-on Content tab, next to the missing items, there is an "Open PlayStation Store" option, then you can elegantly download a required level. Additionally, they can also be deleted from here. 
I didn't mention it at the beginning, because I didn't know it might be important, but I'm from Poland. Apparently something is wrong with my Polish PlayStation Store.
If someone is from some other part of Europe and has a similar problem - I recommend starting with a German account.

Edited by Zygo89pl
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...