[Solved] DLC installs won’t register?

shxrpay

So I’ve done most of the DLC without any problems, but specifically the installs for the Mission Impossible and Sonic level packs aren’t registering as downloaded in game. Whenever I put a character from that pack on the portal, it prompts me to install it. I say yes, and it takes me to the PlayStation store to download it. It downloads just fine, I wait for the install to finish, then I re-launch the game and the same exact thing happens. I’ve went through this process about 10+ times with each of the packs, and even deleted my game and reinstalled it with a whole new disc to no avail. My last idea is deleting it again, but uploading my save to the cloud and then completely wiping the game and saves from my system to start from scratch. Any ideas?

I also don’t think this is the region issue many others have had, because it downloads just fine, it’s just the game not registering the DLC as downloaded.

Edited by shxrpay

I know you mentioned it wasn't a region issue but that was my first thought as it would explain the problem. Can you try downloading the DLC from the store directly (i.e., not through the game interface)? It's (theoretically) possible that the link through the game is just pointing to the wrong region's DLC.

It probably doesn't matter but did you get the figures for those DLCs second hand somehow?

1 hour ago, RNumbers said:

I know you mentioned it wasn't a region issue but that was my first thought as it would explain the problem. Can you try downloading the DLC from the store directly (i.e., not through the game interface)? It's (theoretically) possible that the link through the game is just pointing to the wrong region's DLC.

It probably doesn't matter but did you get the figures for those DLCs second hand somehow?

I actually can’t find anything related to Lego Dimensions through the store (I’m in US), not sure why as that seems odd. I don’t know a fix for this tbh, although what I might try is on the off chance I’m using a non-US disk is use a different region account and download the DLCs from there. Do you know if there’s a way to check which region it is on the PS3?

The minifigures definitely aren’t the problem though, because I’ve loaded them all on the pad multiple times and used them with no issues, and completed like 8 DLCs with them already.

Edit: Just checked on PSDeals, and it isn’t showing anything in the US store.

Edited by shxrpay

@shxrpay You can check the region of your disc by checking the code at the side of the box and on the disc itself. Make sure to check the disc itself as well because when buying used games they can mix up the box and the disc.

BLUS-31473 is the US version for PS3

BLES-02105 is the EU version for PS3

https://www.serialstation.com/games/f5b26685-3768-4ffa-bf21-a9c0a8afbf67

• Like 2

The fact that a good chunk of your DLC seems to work means you probably don't have a wholescale DLC region mismatch issue. Using an account from a different region won't help as it's the region on the disc that matters. I guess try to confirm that you have a NA disc and I can try to check if there is any kind of number associated with the DLC that you can verify as I have all of them on my download list somewhere.

EDIT: Hey, there are some DLC Content IDs in the link Kolm provided as well. I think they should include the "BLUS" part. See if you can figure out what it's downloading when you use Sonic or MI characters.

Edited by RNumbers
  • Like 1

Checked both my discs and they’re both US region.

7 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

I can try to check if there is any kind of number associated with the DLC that you can verify as I have all of them on my download list somewhere.

That’d probably help, I guess that could confirm if I’m getting the right download or not?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shxrpay said:

Checked both my discs and they’re both US region.

That’d probably help, I guess that could confirm if I’m getting the right download or not?

Yeah, see my edit and this link:

https://www.serialstation.com/titles/BLUS/31473

If something is not matching that could help us figure out the issue.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Have you tried deleting all game install data (other than your game save), and starting fresh, perhaps just with the DLC packs that are remaining incomplete?

Tried that last night, but as a last resort I'm currently deleting all data including game saves (uploaded them to cloud) again and seeing if that does anything.

@shxrpay @RNumbers I was recently trying to figure out how this game works with all peripherals and what you actually need for 100%.

Maybe you can help me answer some questions I still had.

Is it correct that you can use the base platform from PS3 on PS4 and vice versa?

Is it correct that you only need to buy the physical DLC level pack once and that it works for both PS3 and PS4?

I'm just confused on how this thing technical works.
From one other thread it seemed that you have the game disc that goes into your PS3/PS4 and that each level pack also contained a disc to unlock the DLC. But is that level pack disc put in your playstation or in the base to unlock the DLC?

Edited by Kolm

2 minutes ago, Kolm said:

@shxrpay @RNumbers I was recently trying to figure out how this game works with all peripherals and what you actually need for 100%.

Maybe you can help me answer some questions I still had.

Is it correct that you can use the base from PS3 on PS4 and vice versa?

Is it correct that you only need to buy the physical DLC level pack once and that it works for both PS3 and PS4?

I'm just confused on how this thing technical works.
From one other thread it seemed that you have the game disc that goes into your PS3/PS4 and that each level pack also contained a disc to unlock the DLC. But is that level pack disc put in your playstation or in the base to unlock the DLC?

I recently completed both the PS3 and PS4 versions and the answer is yes to both of your questions. All of the DLC was available to download for free on the PS Store on the respective consoles; you just need a character from the level pack to actually play it. The same portal can be used for PS3 and PS4 and the characters you use to unlock the level packs aren't system specific (they can be used on any console an unlimited number of times). The only thing you need to buy twice is the game itself. I ended up buying a bundle with the portal and PS3 game and then later I bought the PS4 version off eBay.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Pyramat said:

I recently completed both the PS3 and PS4 versions and the answer is yes to both of your questions. All of the DLC was available to download for free on the PS Store on the respective consoles; you just need a character from the level pack to actually play it. The same portal can be used for PS3 and PS4 and the characters you use to unlock the level packs aren't system specific (they can be used on any console an unlimited number of times). The only thing you need to buy twice is the game itself. I ended up buying a bundle with the portal and PS3 game and then later I bought the PS4 version off eBay.

Thanks for clearing it up! That saves a lot of money but it's still a hassle to get everything together nowadays :)
Can you clarify how you exactly unlock the DLC?

Do you just connect the portal and put a character on it? Or are there indeed discs in the level pack which you have to put in the console or portal?

Just trying to figure out what I should pay attention to when buying the level packs used instead of new if I can only find them used. Especially making sure I'm getting all the content that should be in the level pack when buying used.

Edited by Kolm

6 minutes ago, Kolm said:

Thanks for clearing it up! That saves a lot of money but it's still a hassle to get everything together nowadays :)

Do you just connect the portal and put a character on it? Or are there indeed discs in the level pack which you have to put in the console or portal?

Just trying to figure out what I should pay attention to when buying the level packs used instead of new if I can only find them used. Especially making sure I'm getting all the content that should be in the level pack when buying used.

You've got it. There's an area in-game that has entrances to all the DLC worlds. You just have to have a character from the level pack you want to play on the pad when you go to enter the level. As soon as you're in the level you can take the character off the pad if you want. There's no physical disc or anything else that you need to play the level packs, you just need a character from the pack and the DLC downloaded (for free) onto your console.

1 hour ago, Kolm said:

I think it’s the character discs that you are getting confused with. As noted, the game portal works for both consoles, as does all the DLC add on discs. The only thing you need to buy twice is the base game which is obviously different between the PS3 and PS4.

For the character discs, these are the small bases that go on the portal. DO NOT BUY THE LEGO MINIFIGURES ON THEIR OWN. 

Each DLC add on came with the LEGO characters and a small base - what you need is the base. You don’t actually need the minifigure at all. The character disc is that small plastic base. They look like this

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/IbEAAOSwSetdj-T1/s-l300.jpg

These go on the portal and that activates the character in game. You don’t need the actual minifig to be on top of that plastic disc.

I don’t remember which actual bases you need for all the dlc, it’s been a long time since I played the PS4 version and I simply borrowed the bases. I bought the 0PS3 disc but I never played it.

Edited by diskdocx
  • Like 1

I don't think it'll break any rules to note this, but another method is to purchase some NFC tags. There is an app on the Dimensions subreddit that can convert the IDs you need to the tags. This will let you access the DLC packs without owning either the figures or the discs.

• Like 3

Alright so I finally solved it, after a completely fresh install (even save data, uploaded to cloud then re-downloaded after install), I downloaded the DLC from my download list and it's working now. Probably some weird bug on my side, but for anyone who might experience this bug in the future here's a fix.

2 minutes ago, Jelly Soup said:

I don't think it'll break any rules to note this, but another method is to purchase some NFC tags. There is an app on the Dimensions subreddit that can convert the IDs you need to the tags. This will let you access the DLC packs without owning either the figures or the discs.

That's actually the method I'm using, and it's working perfectly. Hope it's not against the rules lol, but I saw some people in another thread mention using the tags on this site so I'm sure its fine.

Edited by shxrpay
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, shxrpay said:

That's actually the method I'm using, and it's working perfectly. Hope it's not against the rules lol, but I saw some people in another thread mention using the tags on this site so I'm sure its fine.

Awesome! I'm glade to hear that, I've been meaning to do it for a while now. Was also reading about someone who, somehow, got the PSN to register the DLC to their account, since it's free if you have the activator.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, shxrpay said:

Alright so I finally solved it, after a completely fresh install (even save data, uploaded to cloud then re-downloaded after install), I downloaded the DLC from my download list and it's working now. Probably some weird bug on my side, but for anyone who might experience this bug in the future here's a fix.

for the PS3 dimensions, I ended up having to buy an EU disk, download the content from there, and then play it on my standard account. Already had the platinum so thst wasn’t an issie, just wanted the 100%

it was a mess, probably shouldn’t have waited to long to finish it off 

1 hour ago, shxrpay said:

Glad you got it working! 

1 hour ago, Jelly Soup said:

Can either of you share a bit more detail on this? I’ve never heard of this method before and, as noted above, I stilmhave the PS3 version in the backlog. It sounds like this would be much easier and cheaper than tracking down the various bases?

5 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Can either of you share a bit more detail on this? I’ve never heard of this method before and, as noted above, I stilmhave the PS3 version in the backlog. It sounds like this would be much easier and cheaper than tracking down the various bases?

Basically that. You just need some NFC tags and the app noted there. You could also just buy tags premade on ebay or something.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

It's like taking a QR code and duplicating it, the Nintendo Amiibos have a similar workaround where you can duplicate their recognition data by having stuff on an NFC tag too.

They actually sell a series of cards on sites like amazon that are complete duplicate sets of amiibo scans for like $10. So you scan the card and whatever in game bonus they have tied to them pops into your game just like an official one. The way it works is similar to how a cellphone can recognize a duplicate QR code if you just copy the dots in the same way. There's no real security behind any of the toys to life lines and no hardware can determine an official scan from a duplicate one.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio
  • Like 1

If anyone is interested in using the NFC tag method, this is the guide that I used. The instructions are in the comments.

Keep in mind that the link used for getting the UID data seems to go down pretty often for decently long amounts of time (I had to wait like a month and a half). This guide specifically is for iOS, but there are many more guides for Android phones and even an app specifically for this purpose on their store. The tags you need to buy are available on Amazon being offered pretty cheap for a 12 pack, the link to them is in the instructions. If you are using an iOS phone, you need a model that can read NFC tags. I'm not sure the exact model needed, but I think it's XR and up. Not sure about Android requirements or if they all have this capability.

Edited by shxrpay