Super Licence Problem

TheAlphaQuadrant

I finally just got round to finishing off the International A section of GT6 (The Super Licence)

I got gold on all of them and got the trophy for getting all gold but it never unlocked the next Super section of the game, nor did I get the trophy for completing International A...  :blink:

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and how I could go about fixing it.

Thanks.

Yeah, I've already done the championship and got the Grand Finale trophy then I done the super licence and it only gave me the all gold trophy and never unlocked the Super rank of races.

Oh and then the PS3 crashed  :shakefist:  I really hope I don't have to start the game again. It's taken me a month to get this far  :angry:

Yeah, I've already done the championship and got the Grand Finale trophy then I done the super licence and it only gave me the all gold trophy and never unlocked the Super rank of races.

Oh and then the PS3 crashed  :shakefist:  I really hope I don't have to start the game again. It's taken me a month to get this far  :angry:

Have you been back on?

If I were you I'd complete more IA races, and just hope It'll unlock S. 

I used my save on PS+ and redone the S licence with bronzes, the trophy popped and unlocked S Races.

Still not sure what happened, I can only assume the PS3 crashed just as the trophy was about to pop so my suggestion is to back up your saves frequently if you want to avoid this problem.

• 2 months later...

The S tests here are disgusting, i can't even clock in a bronze for the 5th one, i have a bronze on the 2nd one, i have a gold on the 1st and 3rd and I'm 0.874 or so seconds off a gold for the 4th one (silver).

GT6 was a massive let down for me especially with the tyre restrictions. The Veyron can't take a medium left hand turn at 40 mph, 40!!! For once i did better with a remote than a wheel (for the S tests).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have problems with S-4 (Lambo, can´t unterstand why i don´t get it right) and S-5 (Veyron which is shit), the others were pretty easy after training a bit. I´m a bit frustrated at the moment.

I know right? No matter what I do I can't shave off the last 0.8 secs with the aventador. Where the veyron is just undrivable.

is it actually possible to plat GT6 with a dualshock 3?

last time, GT5 is ridiculously impossible to plat it with a controller " not a controller friendly! " because it's heavily focus on " buy a wheel to play it " :shakefist:  they even didn't allow Sixaxis motion feature to be implement to use it as a motion wheel on the go . instead you'll only use it in the photo travel mode which is an awkward and a bit of a waste to be honest.

GT6 don't even mention Sixaxis feature and they even remove it completely from photo travel.

man, i miss the days where i can just finsh gran turismo games 100% with the standard ps1 or ps2 controllers  :( where the wheels is optional, and only use it to get this realistic feel of driving aka virtual reality.    

Edited by yellowwindow7

is it actually possible to plat GT6 with a dualshock 3?

last time, GT5 is ridiculously impossible to plat it with a controller " not a controller friendly! " because it's heavily focus on " buy a wheel to play it " :shakefist:  they even didn't allow Sixaxis motion feature to be implement to use it as a motion wheel on the go . instead you'll only use it in the photo travel mode which is an awkward and a bit of a waste to be honest.

GT6 don't even mention Sixaxis feature and they even remove it completely from photo travel.

man, i miss the days where i can just finsh gran turismo games 100% with the standard ps1 or ps2 controllers  :( where the wheels is optional, and only use it to get this realistic feel of driving aka virtual reality.    

I cannot stand playing a racing game with a remote. GT5's plat required extreme addiction for the 24h races even though there are save points. It's one thing  going out to a track in a real car with back up drivers,doing controlled stints. But sitting in front of a screen for 24h is stupid and anybody who finds that interesting has issues and needs to get a life. I got bored after 20 mins on the 2h races and I split those up with my dad in 30 min stints. GT5 is one of my all time favs, but i'm not addicted enough to plat it.

I cannot stand playing a racing game with a remote. GT5's plat required extreme addiction for the 24h races even though there are save points. It's one thing  going out to a track in a real car with back up drivers,doing controlled stints. But sitting in front of a screen for 24h is stupid and anybody who finds that interesting has issues and needs to get a life. I got bored after 20 mins on the 2h races and I split those up with my dad in 30 min stints. GT5 is one of my all time favs, but i'm not addicted enough to plat it.

Fank fook I don't have a life then. I will be going for this plat some day

I just cannot comprehend how or why somebody would think it's fun to sit in front of a screen for more than 2 hours doing the same thing.

i'm not pointing at those horrible 24 hour races, yeah those are just plan stupid. but what am i talking about is the handling of GT5, back at the time in the ps1 i used to finish all the races of GT1 or 2 and on the ps2 GT3 or 4 using the ps3 controller, but GT5 is near possible ( to get the platinum trophy ) with what simply came standard with the ps3 which is the dualshock 3 aka analog sticks controller. talking about the dump red bull X2011 challenge it was like controlling a jet fighter with your TV remote control  :S yeah but this time around you can shell a bit more cash and get a wheel and GT5 will be WAY TOO EASY!!... not surprised by this  <_<. the problem in where i live is, racing wheels actually cost nearly the same price of a brand new ps3 " if not a bit higher if you go for the GT racing wheel ". i could instead get a ps4 with that price...... 

On 7/20/2014 at 2:56 PM, yellowwindow7 said:

i'm not pointing at those horrible 24 hour races, yeah those are just plan stupid. but what am i talking about is the handling of GT5, back at the time in the ps1 i used to finish all the races of GT1 or 2 and on the ps2 GT3 or 4 using the ps3 controller, but GT5 is near possible ( to get the platinum trophy ) with what simply came standard with the ps3 which is the dualshock 3 aka analog sticks controller. talking about the dump red bull X2011 challenge it was like controlling a jet fighter with your TV remote control  :S yeah but this time around you can shell a bit more cash and get a wheel and GT5 will be WAY TOO EASY!!... not surprised by this  <_<. the problem in where i live is, racing wheels actually cost nearly the same price of a brand new ps3 " if not a bit higher if you go for the GT racing wheel ". i could instead get a ps4 with that price...... 

My racing wheel is by no means cheap. It's £100, but I got it as a gift. As for the red bull. It's not easy with a wheel either. I proudly scraped in a bronze on all of them. The prize car is a red bull Vettel edition. The red bull is too good. It makes all the other cars seem rubbish so i use it once every blue moon. If you have a wheel like mine (logitech driving force GT) the red bull (and F1 one cars, but not formula GT) will rattle it to pieces :angry:  (it's not cheaply built though, it's pretty well built) due to the extreme speeds and some high speed traction loss especially on the Nurburgring.

Edited by malox5

My racing wheel is by no means cheap. It's £100, but I got it as a gift. As for the red bull. It's not easy with a wheel either. I proudly scrapped in a bronze on all of them. The prize car is a red bull Vettel edition. The red bull is too good. It makes all the other cars seem rubbish so i use it once every blue moon. If you have a wheel like mine (logitech driving force GT) the red bull (and F1 one cars, but not formula GT) will rattle it too pieces :angry:  (it's not cheaply built though, it's pretty well built) due to the extreme speeds and some high speed traction loss especially on the Nurburgring.

i used to have the first generation gran turismo wheel made for the ps1, but my older brother gave it to one of his friends and his friend damage the metallic small pieces that looks like those S-cable for TVs on of the cable that should plugged into the wheel making it impossible to plug in the gearbox and the paddles. as much as the wheel is still have the playstation controller face and shoulder buttons on it you still can't use them like a replacement of the damaged gearbox and paddles, i really got mad by that time even though the wheel it self is belong to my older brother i didn't get it with my own money, if i somehow still have that wheel i don't think it will gonna works with modern GT games. it plug directly into the ps1 controller ports, i do have a ps2 usb controller port to use on PC and ps3 but still.

i used to have the first generation gran turismo wheel made for the ps1, but my older brother gave it to one of his friends and his friend damage the metallic small pieces that looks like those S-cable for TVs on of the cable that should plugged into the wheel making it impossible to plug in the gearbox and the paddles. as much as the wheel is still have the playstation controller face and shoulder buttons on it you still can't use them like a replacement of the damaged gearbox and paddles, i really got mad by that time even though the wheel it self is belong to my older brother i didn't get it with my own money, if i somehow still have that wheel i don't think it will gonna works with modern GT games. it plug directly into the ps1 controller ports, i do have a ps2 usb controller port to use on PC and ps3 but still.

Shame. Mine has to be plugged into the usb port and mains power.

Shame. Mine has to be plugged into the usb port and mains power.

i never purchased or looked at modern racing wheels for a long time but WOW!!

racing wheels now need it's own power source? i thought it's still had it's power directly from the systems USB port  or from the PC. 

Edited by yellowwindow7

i never purchased or looked at modern racing wheels for a long time but WOW!!

racing wheels now need it's own power source? i thought it's still had it's power directly from the systems USB port  or from the PC. 

It's for the force feed back.. If you plug it into the usb port only it will work, but it won't turn back to it's original position, you won't feel the car. It has it's own start up procedure too, it scared the crap out of m the first time it did it.

You also have to plug the pedals into the steering hub. 

Edited by malox5

It's for the force feed back.. If you plug it into the usb port only it will work, but it won't turn back to it's original position, you won't feel the car. It has it's own start up procedure too, it scared the crap out of m the first time it did it.

You also have to plug the pedals into the steering hub. 

oh that's explain it, thanks for the info  :)

• 5 weeks later...

UPDATE:

After 3 months of trying I finally got a Gold in No.2 and No.4 as well. I'm 0.1 secs off of a silver on the final one. That veyron is a pile of garbage.

• Like 1

OH HELL YEAH!!!!! :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:

At long last. I just got my trophy. Those tests where plain evil. Especially that last 2. For those I actually recommend a remote over a wheel.

For the last one I actually found an unusual way to do it.

Setup: 

Transmission: Automatic (I always drive like this. Stops me from thinking about the gears too)

Driving line: ON (The only time I have ever used a driving line for reference, usually it's off)

All possible stabilities: OFF

ABS: 10

-First, get around the track in one piece

-Then, begin speeding up. NOTE: Brake far before corners and never brake and turn, because you will just plough on. If you power too soon out of a bend you will understeer and plough on, off of the track, or you will kick the tail out too much and spin.

-When you have about 0.1 - 0.5 seconds to shave off (this is the unusual part), begin to use very short and quick bursts of handbrake on some tight bends to kill the understeer and kick the tail out. You are best off assigning it to :l2: . Don't get carried away with the handbrake, because you will begin to fail. 

Keep trying and don't give in. THIS IS NOT EASY.

• Like 1