How is trophy hunting on Vita?

EdinhoN

I have been thinking that Sony has got me again! So many Vita games in my collection because of PS+...

However, I want to know all information that a Ps Vita owner must be awared before buying.

Searching in Google, I've discovered 2 things that I want to know:

1) I've heard about "double platinums". Seems like in some games (Motorstorm RC for example). If you play in Vita, you will instantly get Ps3 trophies without the need of playing again in Ps3. So, this game would give 2 platinums O.o

Is that really true? And how it works? How do I know if a game has this feature?

2)Ps3 can be logged in to multiple users and accounts. For me this is helpful, cause I have a main brazilian PSN account (where all the trophies are) and an US account where are games and DLC are (including PS+).

Instead of Microsoft, Sony doesn't give a fuck [are bad words allowed? =P] to my country, so BR PSN is crappy with . So, people said that Vita only supports 1 account per console. That is bad, really bad!

Can anyone confirm? Cause I want to use PS+ games in my US account and play with main (EdinhoN).

Thanks to all!

... Can anyone confirm? Cause I want to use PS+ games in my US account and play with main (EdinhoN).

Thanks to all!

1) Yes, this exists and is possible through the cloud save feature on PSN, loading the save onto another console unlocks all of the trophies that you have gotten with that save file on that other console. BE WARNED THOUGH!!! Even though a "double platinum" is legitimate, this is a VERY CHEAP method of obtaining a second platinum with extremely minimal effort and is frowned upon by trophy collectors!!

2) Yes, one account on the Vita... If I'm remembering correctly, haha

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 2

1) Yes, certain games have a feature called Cross-save, and they auto-pop trophies when you transfer the save file. Like BlindMango said, it's looked down upon though.

2) You can't play games on your Vita unless you're using the account that bought them. You can only have one account activated at a time. So, unfortunately, you can't use any of the US account games on your BR account.

Edited by ExHaseo

1. While the previous users above me have stated that it is yes, there is one thing you should know. There are very few games that have this feature. I can only name Sound Shapes and Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time. PS All-Stars Battle Royale also has a seperate trophy list, but they need to be re-earned.

Also, TO EVERYONE OUT THERE, it is now a requirement for PS3/Vita games with cross-save functionality to have a shared trophy list. So there probably won't be anymore, if not few, games with "double platinums".

2. The above statements are correct. Only one PSN can be linked to a system. I hope Sony changes this.

1) I did a little of further search and I've found that there are only 4~5 games with Double Platinums. I'm not interested in double platting games, it is just the other side.

I was afraid that some of these "Cross-buy" games could appear twice in my trophy list. And as I care more for completion than Platinums, it would force me to play the game twice (and I definitely don't want that :X)

2)Yes, I guess that due to this limitation of only 1 account, I'll sign to BR PS+ as soon as my US PS+ expires in June. At the time I decided to be a + user, there was not in BR account, as Sony launched it here on September 2013.

P.S.: I know I didn't ask it before, but I saw some complainings about Vita's OLED screen. Despite its high quality of image and brightness, seems like it suffers from screen burning as Plasma did. For video games it is hell. Does it is that bad for Vita?

Ive had my vita since day one and haven't experienced any screen burn - I think the oled screen is great - ber in mind though that the new form factor psvitas don't have an oled screen anymore, they have a cheaper one now

Indeed, LCD is so obsolete nowadays. If OLED is as great as it seems, omfg I'm buying a Vita today  :awesome:  :awesome:  :awesome:

ummm, thats what im saying though - the vita that is out now IS an LCD screen. They dropped the OLED out to make the unit cheaper.

That depends on your Region.

The OLED Vitas are still being sold here in the USA.

There's probably a large backlog of old stock.

The OLED screen looks great when it is bright but I get these black splotches that show up when it is dark. (typical of lower quality OLEDs so I can deal with it) Otherwise I like the OLED screen.

As for trophies, depends on the game and how much time you want to spend on it. There aren't very many double plat cross-save games (which I think is a good thing.) I do like it when some don't have CROSS-Save though which is nice. Can still double plat but you are required to play through the game twice.

Edited by Technatorium

Oh, okay, my apologies - I thought that the OLED models were a thing of the past, but looks like I'm wrong for now! So yeah, grab one while you can, it looks great!

On the trophy hunting point, there are hard and easy games same as ps3 and ps4, however, there is a lot less in the way of added on dlc trophies after the fact, so it can be nice to finish a game and know that it is actually finished!

About graphics, some says that they are good as PS3's.one. Really? O.o 

Is that true? xD

[i'm getting more and more anxious about owning a Vita]

It depends on the game. I'd say they are late PS2 to early PS3 in graphics styles.

Not sure how others look at it but that is my observation on some of the titles.

Edited by Technatorium

Killzone Mercenary for the Vita look's amazing well.

Sounds Shapes on the Vita really stands out with the bright bright color's.

Metal Gear Soild 2 HD to me that game look's so much better on the Vita then on the ps3.

Just to many good games for it. As for double plat's we have Sound Shapes , Motorstrom RC all i can think of for now lol.

Didn't sony update there stuff so it allow's 2 Vita's on one acct now ?

Well theoretically you can have multiple accounts for one vita. You would need memory card for each account and go through an annoying process every time you'd want to switch them.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/ps-vita/How_to_Switch_PSN_Accounts_on_PlayStation_Vita

I guess this wouldn't work for the licenses of games.

I don't have any use for my US account, it is just a "License Holder" =P