Jay's Completion Percentage Recovery

JayyKao

Hello everyone that for some reason decided to look at this post and laugh. Let's get straight to the point my profile completion percentage (Currently sat at 14.34% as of posting this).

Yes it is miserable but as of today that's going to change. I have set myself the goal of getting this percentage up but a considerable amount and yes it is going to take a while and no I don't think I can do it but nevertheless I am going to push on forward.

So a bit of back story to this. This is my first profile I ever had started in 2017. I never set out to be a trophy hunter just a gamer hence why there are so many games with very low (under 20% completion) on this profile but it's time for a change. I am going to set off on a journey of completion (Or as close as I can get without pulling my hair out) to redeem my profile to something I can be semi proud of. Now I will never say that I am good at games. Competent yes. Good absolutely not. but I am not going to let that stop me from completing this challenge. 

The only questions left are what are my actual goals and where do I start. Well my main goal is a modest 70% completion at least. Not that hard to do in theory and I have no real timeline for this but we will see when that happens. As for where I start well I think the best place to start is by scraping the bottom of the barrel get the low % up first before working on the ones with more progress in. That being said I have looked over everything and chosen these 5 games to start with 

1Sd260c5.png

Dauntless (10/8%)

A nice little Monster Hunter like game which I'm hoping won't take as long as Monster Hunter worlds but will also give 2 trophy sets in 1. Not to mention the cross save between pc and PS makes this even easier.

1S4ee083.png

Dragon Age: Inquisition (3%)

This one on the other hand is going to be a bit trickier I feel. Never personally got into a Dragon Age game before and at the moment this is the only one I have available to play so I guess this is where I am going to begin. Kind of looking forward to this one despite the length this may take. Oh and yes this will include all DLC

1Sb1b27f.png

One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 (31%)

Honestly not too much to say able this one. It may seem strange to start from the 4th game in the series but it is definitely the easiest and quickest to platinum so that is going to be a major plus in that regard.

1S433c38.png

Plague Inc. Evolved (5%)

This one is purely to add a bit of variety to the mix but honestly do enjoy this game and will be an easy playthrough due to the fact there is step by step (oooo baby, gonna get to you girllll) guide out there for each playthrough and difficulty so can't really go wrong with this one 

1S0dc4a8.png

Borderlands 3 (28%)

One of my all time favourite games despite what other people may think I don't believe this to be as bad as they make it seem. Yes it can drag on a little bit at times but when you get to the core of it then this is a nice game and one of the best of its kind in my opinion. Oh yes and this includes all dlc as well.

That is my short list of games I am going to tackle first. I have no real plan after this so feel free to look at my list of games on my profile and make recommendations. Also feel free to add me and keep me sane as I tackle this massive task I have set myself. 

As a side note the games on my profile are not my complete collection of games. I currently have 399 games so feel free to list some that are not on the list since I might already have them. I think that concludes this post for now please come back later and check on my progress or send me a message telling me to do some work on my games. Thank you for the time to read this post :)

Spoiler

Games to be completed:

1S848de1.png1S6723cb.png1S7dcded.png1S0aae9f.png1S51e89e.png1S13c3e2.png1Sa5d06b.png1S0ad1d7.png1S87080e.png1S80dc75.png1S609d9a.png1S319f3a.png1Sb1b27f.png1S4d967e.png1S1ac228.png1S80d7ab.png1Sfe4cb6.png1Sdd5b9c.png1Sa92e93.png1S29f264.png1S7594ff.png1Sed9576.png1S847b3d.png1S0dc4a8.png1S5cfd0a.png1S7ba204.png1Se03d95.png1Sc4fa9f.png1Sa8dcf7.png1S2020af.png1S2a9a0c.png1Sb3aea8.png1Sc4ba6f.png1S51728e.png1S71c6c9.png1S40a6f3.png1S08d11a.png1S5d19bb.png1Sdd06d0.png1S44f5f8.png1S3a5e42.png1S13d5af.png1Sb428dc.png1Sec9cdf.png1S6e5f78.png1Sfb414d.png1Scc7f43.png1Sa8c389.png1S8f593e.png1S84e4ca.png1S0869ad.png1S9bae13.png1S43fc92.png1Sc84207.png1S518cff.png1S26247a.png1S473974.png1S8c035a.png1Sb3e248.png1S4ee083.png1S2559a0.png1S4b452f.png1S097650.png1S61c2c7.png1Sfa88ad.png1S45a341.png1Sc06160.png1S315064.png1Sa61355.png1S75d91a.png1S07d851.png1S9a3ce4.png1Sd260c5.png1S433c38.png1Sdf20af.png1S1bea55.png1S60d655.png1S989205.png1S9eed47.png1S241185.png1S8f79ba.png1Sb4f022.png1S999220.png1S121452.png1Sddef74.png1Sfc2a06.png1S2b85cf.png1S191f10.png1S7c5710.png1Sc107bf.png1Sc82313.png1S6b7b1f.png1Sf8e61c.png1Sa4333c.png1Sd2dff5.png1S466c38.png1Sd300fd.png1S52d535.png1S36b4e7.png1S104075.png1S0d280f.png1S4c5caf.png1S1ef45d.png1Sd70886.png1S9a3ce4.png1S75d91a.png1Sa61355.png1S315064.png1S37290b.png1Sc65ddd.png

Spoiler

Games Completed:

1S2fa471.png

Edited by JayyKao
  • Like 4

Sue to working weekends I have now officially started on putting a dent into my completion rating. First up will be Fairy tail due to it being a nice easy and relaxing one that I can complete within 2-3 days hopefully so will be the first platinum on the account in I want to say at least 3 years.

Week 1 Progress: For this first week as stated above I have been mostly focusing on Fairy Tail and honestly finding it harder to push through this game than I thought. Not that I haven't made any progress with this game at all. in fact I have gone from 0% to 82% as of writing and other than the platinum have 4 trophies left to complete. In this week I have been able to increase my % from 14.34% to 14.71%. This may not seem like a lot but considering how there is 171 games registered on this account it will take time and effort to make the big jumps. Over the weekend I am going to focus on doing a couple of requests a day in order to get the last few trophies then hopefully on Monday I will be able to finish this game off and start with Horizon Zero Dawn.

As for what I will do after these selected games I have not yet decided and am happy to take suggestions on what to tackle next so feel free to let me know. Also again feel free to add me on PS so that I have people to message and talk to while I focus on tackling this list. 

Thanks for reading .

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, postofficebuddy said:

That’s a hell of a hill to climb dude. Best of luck to you. Also good choice with Gravity Rush. That game is excellent. 

Thanks for the support :D. With Gravity rush I have a little experience with it several years ago but thought it would be something a little different to split things up.

• Like 1

1S2fa471.png

Fairy Tail Complete - Platinum/100%

So I pushed through and completed Fairy Tail just now. Honestly this wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't for the complete all requests trophy. I can't really complain since each one takes between 3-10 minutes but it was just me being lazy that made this take so long. All in all though I won't complain with this. I am going to get a head start on Horizon Zero dawn now but won't be pushing myself too hard on this mainly due to having to work on the weekends but most of the progress will be done during the week for this one. Hopefully I can finish this one in a reasonable time frame as well.

• Like 3

Good luck with your goals, I would suggest sticking with games you have already started. Try and knock over a few before starting something new and you will find progress rapidly accelerating. 

Having said that, I am currently doing the opposite, lol

Have 828 F rank games atm, so popping single trophies in them to see how low my percentage goes when I get it down to 800, then will start my uphill climb again.

• Like 1

I've been battling my completion percentage now for 18 months (not a long time in gaming terms), and gone from 54% to 89%...

My tip would be pick a few backlog games to tackle (like you have done in your OP), and pick one new game to start that you know you will enjoy. 

If i get some burnout, or pissed off with grinding an old backlog game il often re backlog it for a few months and come back to it again, and that's generally helped me stay fresh and committed to pushing that comp % up and up. 

I've a load of "new" games i want to play so i've challenged myself to get to 92% so i can afford to bang some new games on and probs only back to 90

Good luck dude!!

• Like 1

Wow nice project. Actually it doesn’t look too bad you got a lot of great games in your list instead of lots of games yougot annoyed with the last trophies^^
i can recommend borderlands and no mans sky.

try to not do all the easy games first. It can be very nice to do them one by one every time motivation goes down a bit.

by first look throught this I wouldestimate 3-4 years and youvould go to a 100% profile

• Like 1

Interesting task you've set yourself. I used to be obsessed with keeping my profile at 100%

Being a father though kinda took that away as the little time I had at night to play I just didnt wanna do games that made me hate my time (Looking at you Warframe).

My advice on it is to have 1 game as your downtime game or a mini grind. Do so much of that a day and leave it. It will slowly get done as you go. Plants vs Zombies is currently that for me. I do about an hour or 2 a night on it to get my characters to master rank and the other times I'm playing different games.

Also I see you have a few Telltale games. They are an easy 1 night kinda game. Don't really require much aside from some choices.

Good luck with it though. Got a hefty climb ahead, but it will feel great when you're clearing games and also experiencing them all

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for the support and advice. It's the little things like that which make me want to push forward with this project. I started horizon zero dawn this morning for a few hours before having to pack it in for the week so won't be doing much updating till next. That being said on the weekends I am going to focus the 2 or 3 hours I get a day on pushing games like Yu-gi-oh master duel and  legacy of the dulist/link evolution to completion since i don't have to sink a whole lot of hours into them. 

Again thank you everyone:D

Off to a good start! I'm looking at the 70%+ completion range myself. It's a push, but you can do it.

I second Kazeh's suggestion above, the TT games are pretty quick and interesting. Easy way to get your number up a bit. Love the LEGO collection, a favorite series. Dimensions will need some financial love for 100%, but that can be covered with a slight investment on eBay if you don't mind not having real figures. Worlds is the one that's going to be a pain in the ass, though. That's a grind and a half, and not a short one.

• Like 1

On 04/03/2022 at 7:25 PM, Jelly Soup said:

Off to a good start! I'm looking at the 70%+ completion range myself. It's a push, but you can do it.

I second Kazeh's suggestion above, the TT games are pretty quick and interesting. Easy way to get your number up a bit. Love the LEGO collection, a favorite series. Dimensions will need some financial love for 100%, but that can be covered with a slight investment on eBay if you don't mind not having real figures. Worlds is the one that's going to be a pain in the ass, though. That's a grind and a half, and not a short one.

Thanks for the advice! I think I will be saving the TT games as a more of a transitional game for when I need a break or to figure out what to do next. As for the lego games I have personally never been too fond of them myself but can tolerate them you could say.

Week 2 - Honestly not much to report this week been a relatively slow week. Been playing a little bit of Horizon Zero Dawn and been splashing in some other games through the week. I don't know what it is about it but I just can't seem to get into this game. I will get through it slowly but it's just not a game were personally I can just binge play it and get it done over a week. Now don't get me wrong it is not me saying this is a bad game but just from my experience so far I just can't get into it. As for the other games to keep me going I am still playing yu-gi-oh every day (mainly for the long in rewards) and trying to aim for a rank up a day to get to Platinum rank before the season ends (Currently Gold 4). I also started Sword Art Online Alicization Lycoris. I thought this was one of the games I started already but apparently I was wrong so this has actually had a negative impact on my percentage this week going down to 14.69 but this won't take long to get back up and improve since I have platinumed this game before on another account it's just a tedious grind. Same as before people feel free to add me and message me to keep me entertained.

PSN: Jayykao

• 9 months later...

So this is awkward. Yes it has been over 7 months since my last update and to be honest I just lost commitment. So let's start over. This time with a fresh 5 games to get me % up slowly some will obviously take a lot lot longer than others but I am hoping this time I can push on through and make some progress. it's going to be a long ride but I am looking for people to talk to still to keep me pushing forward so always feel free to add me and give me a bit of motivation to keep going.

PSN: JayyKao