Defeat Radahn

hittheroadbucky

Does anyone have any tips for melee builds during the Radahn boss fight? I can just about get him to his second phase but that’s about it ? I also tried doing it co-op but it nerfed potions, we couldn’t use Torrent and the invited player couldn’t help activate summons so it was more of a challenge than solo ?

Do something else, kill other mini bosses and level up a bit. Doing more damage, having more pots or leveling up your gear will make every fight easier. 

Or watch his attack patterns, learn when to time dodge rolls, when to use potions etc. Try a different Ash summon that distracts and holds agro. 

It's often significantly easier to solo a boss than to use real people. Just FYI. I don't think the game is balanced very well for online coop. 

• Like 1

I’ve just defeated him on my first go as a pure melee character. Got him to about 15% health before he went to his second phase. I’m level 77 and dual wielding katanas at +15 and +16. If you’re struggling then level your character and weapons up. Summon the NPC characters once in the fight area to take the agro off you and as mentioned above, bosses are easier solo.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Deadvember said:

Do something else, kill other mini bosses and level up a bit. Doing more damage, having more pots or leveling up your gear will make every fight easier. 

Or watch his attack patterns, learn when to time dodge rolls, when to use potions etc. Try a different Ash summon that distracts and holds agro. 

It's often significantly easier to solo a boss than to use real people. Just FYI. I don't think the game is balanced very well for online coop. 

I’ve already done all the dungeons and mini-bosses that I’ve come across, but I went straight from the lakes to Caelid so maybe I was meant to do the top of the map first ?Yeah this is my first souls game so I didn’t realise how shocking the co-op battles were ? 

6 hours ago, FilmFanatic said:

I’ve just defeated him on my first go as a pure melee character. Got him to about 15% health before he went to his second phase. I’m level 77 and dual wielding katanas at +15 and +16. If you’re struggling then level your character and weapons up. Summon the NPC characters once in the fight area to take the agro off you and as mentioned above, bosses are easier solo.

Ah I’m only level 69 so maybe I’m a little under levelled for this fight ? not to mention my katana is only +13 I think ?  curious, how do you find dual-wielding? Do you do it through or was it just for this battle? ? my left arm is my shield still, but the extra damage output would be nice 

I beat him after about an hour using a Heavy Shamshir +16 with 40 strength. Level was somewhere in the mid 60s. Some people have said he can be bled so a weapon that does bleeding could make things easier. Like the Uchigatana. Certainly one of the worst bosses in SoulsBorne IMO. I hate huge bosses that are always up in your camera and you just hug it's butt or feet and just hope you don't get hit.

• Like 1

I beat him with just a claymore +16 and a shield and I went in right underneath him and dodged his attacks.. 

The best advice for this guy is to summon continuously and have them take aggro then get in there and just smack the hell out of his back while avoiding his attacks. Get some incantations to buff yourself and your weapons and just go to town. You'll get him down eventually it took me a while to but I got him.

3 hours ago, hittheroadbucky said:

Ah I’m only level 69 so maybe I’m a little under levelled for this fight 1f914.png not to mention my katana is only +13 I think 1f602.png  curious, how do you find dual-wielding? Do you do it through or was it just for this battle? 1f914.png my left arm is my shield still, but the extra damage output would be nice 

According to the Fextralife wiki you’ll want to be level 60+ with a weapon in the range of +10 to +14 so you should be alright with that. I’m finding dual katanas fantastic. Been dual wielding them since I got my hands on a second Uchigatana. The only real downside to dual wielding is not being able to block ever but that’s not a big issue and having to level two weapons up. The Unsheathe skill is absolutely amazing as well as it does so much damage though the wrong timing can cause you to get hit. By the end of my first playthrough I want to go with lighter armour so I have max rolling as I’m still using the Samurai armour.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Sn1per666999 said:

I beat him after about an hour using a Heavy Shamshir +16 with 40 strength. Level was somewhere in the mid 60s. Some people have said he can be bled so a weapon that does bleeding could make things easier. Like the Uchigatana. Certainly one of the worst bosses in SoulsBorne IMO. I hate huge bosses that are always up in your camera and you just hug it's butt or feet and just hope you don't get hit.

if bleeding helps, you can coat pretty much every weapon in fat that does bleeding build-up, so there is not necessarily a need to have a specific bleeding weapon. I think the item is called Blood Grease and you it's craftable.

Finished him at lvl 49. Bloodhound Fang (+5) two-handed. The best opportunity to punish him is his long-time telegraphed stomp. Go to his ass and hit him. In phase 2, dodge the starfall or suck it with a bubble flask. use the time frame to buff yourself. Immediately after his landing rush towards him and beat him in a few hits. you will have plenty of time while he preparers his gravity attack.