All 3 endings in one playthrough is possible

Septomor

Just a confirmation, after beating the final boss you can upload a save to the cloud (or usb for ps4). I don't know if you can do the entire quest that triggers the Age of the Stars ending, but I'm pretty sure you can finish the questline after beating the last boss. Additionally, you can still trigger the Lord of Frenzied Flame ending at the end as well which would normally lock you out of the other 2. 

I tried not saying much since it's still early since release and don't want to spoil, for the Frenzied Flame ending

there is an entrance to the sewers at the beginning of the Ashen city, a little bit from the grace. Even if you never went there earlier in the game you can still run through them to the end to trigger this ending.

• Like 3

So, with PS5 only having syncing and no separate up-/download that would be:

- Make a save, sync (just in case disable auto-sync)

- Do first ending till trophy pop, delete local save

- Sync, do second ending till trophy, delete save

- Sync, do the third

Do I get this correct?

Just now, DerNachtkater said:

- Sync, do the third

Do I get this correct?

I think? I have sync turned off so I just uploaded the save and redownloaded it. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Septomor said:

I think? I have sync turned off so I just uploaded the save and redownloaded it. 

If you do the age of the stars ending does it lock you out of the normal one? Can you just finish age of stars > pick normal > reload pick age of stars > reload and finish frenzied flame?

38 minutes ago, JustOneStingray said:

If you do the age of the stars ending does it lock you out of the normal one? Can you just finish age of stars > pick normal > reload pick age of stars > reload and finish frenzied flame?

Age of Stars will add a summoning sign to the end of the game, so you can choose between the normal ending and stars. If you do the frenzied flame then it locks you out of the other 2. As long as your backup is after the final boss and you did not do the requirement for the frenzied flame you can do all 3 endings.

42 minutes ago, JustOneStingray said:

No, the only action that locks you out of other endings is

Spoiler

interacting the underground fire door required for Frenzied Flame. As long as you don't open the door, you can choose between Elden Lord or Age of the Stars. But once you open the door, you will only get Frenzied Flame ending.

And like Dark Souls 3 and Sekiro, after either ending, you can choose between going directly into 2nd playthrough (NG+) or continue exploring in the open world. I believe that

Spoiler

some areas's terrain like Leyndell will change drastically. There are one legendary weapon that can only be found before the endgame, and one legendary talisman only available after the endgame.

Edited by FamiliaMyth93

13 hours ago, DerNachtkater said:

- Sync, do the third

Do I get this correct?

Don't delete your local save.

Just upload your save after the final boss. Do one ending then download your save.do the next ending, download your save, do the last ending.

1 hour ago, Eraezr said:

Wait - PS5 doesn't have the USB save backup feature yet?

By design?  I can save ps4 save files on a thumb drive with my ps5 console(one of 2 reasons im playing the ps4 version first(the other being i might go long durations without internet and play on multiple consoles)). My assumption is this is their way of pushing you into a ps+ subscription. Unless someone has heard something else. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, t-H-3_d-O-u-G said:

Don't delete your local save.

Just upload your save after the final boss. Do one ending then download your save.do the next ending, download your save, do the last ending.

Last time I checked, I was only able to sync. Possible this requires turning off auto-sync?

Fun fact: You can actually cleanse Frenzied Flame status with a unique item in the game (Miquella's Needle). It does require a lot of other optional bosses beaten, and is much less efficient than going for Elden Lord > Age of Stars > Frenzied Flame. Just good info for those of us who bumbled into Frenzied Flame without knowing what the heck was going on (not naming names, but it was me.)

• Like 2

On 02/03/2022 at 6:00 AM, DerNachtkater said:

- Sync, do the third

Do I get this correct?

PS5:

- Just make a save (Manual if you want an easier time) at the final Site of Grace.

- close app

- Turn off auto-sync. in General (or until done all 3)

- upload save to PS Cloud. Lets call it Save 1.

- go back into game, load game, youll be at site of grace. go get whichever ending you want./close app

- go into save settings, download Save 1 from cloud. Overwrite console save.

- load game. get ending #2/close app

- download save 1 from cloud again, get ending #3.

at this point you can choose to not do NG+, and at that stage, if you wish to you can turn on auto-sync.

I also believe you can actually pick and choose which games have auto sync. So.

need more clarification go to powerpyx elden ring guide.

On 02/03/2022 at 9:50 PM, MonaSaxPayne said:

why do ppl keep saying this? 

not sure. I just find it funny people want to play online games but complain about paying for plus. Its $60-70 a year. Thats less that $7 a month. Soooo much money ?