Three Legendary Cars trophy [Ford Mark IV Race Car, Jaguar XJ13, and Ferrari 330 P4 '67]

MWYSONG23

I’m riding this trophy out and taking a back seat. It’s just gonna drive me crazy if I keep checking what cars are required. I’d also rather save money, spend it on other cheaper cars, tuning and liveries.

It would be nice however, if PD or a dev came out and torqued to us exactly what it is we need. Instead we’re all left feeling tired of not knowing.

It’s only a silver trophy too so maybe it’s just something that we’ll get if we complete X race. But it also has the potential to be the rarest trophy/silver trophy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, schlafhund said:

You have to be kidding. Or just talking out of frustration. GT5 remains the hardest GT plat, by virtue of needing to gold Vettel X Challenge. This is a cakewalk in comparison, all needed is just time and grind.

yeah I know lol, just tried to sound ironic :D
At least in GT5 you knew what you're supposed to do since the beginning

Edited by just_jr

14 hours ago, THW-44 said:

I may be completly off the mark here but when I first saw this trophy I thought it was very similar to the 'Dream race' trophy from GT5. 

Dream Race
Win the ultimate three-way showdown between a Ford Mark IV Race Car, a Ferrari 330 P4 Race Car and a Jaguar XJ13 Race Car.

I have a feeling it may be these three cars as I think they all competed against one another at Le man and were deemed as cars "destined" to win. I belive they are all on the game but haven't shown yet. 

I may be completely off the mark but thought I'd thrown in my two cents. 

I believe in this.

At the end of the Japanese Description

「かつて24時間レースに勝利すべく産声をあげた、伝説のレーシングカー3台を入手」

It is not ①を3台入手, instead it is ②3台を入手

① means there could be 20 qualified cars and you need 3 of them

② means there are only 3 qualified cars and you need all of them

I think that the Japanese also indicates that the cars were built to win, but don't need to actually have won the race.

Edited by sunx-13
add further Japanese translation
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BrettzOr said:

The word "destiny" also has varied meanings in different dictionaries and in different cultures. Some people believe that destiny is something that will 100% happen, 100% of the time.
Where others believe that you can have a destiny to do something and fail it: ie 'The money was destined for the relief of poverty, but was diverted by corrupt officials"

big nope

destined has only 1 meaning: certainty

in the sentence u used, the correct word you're thinking of is DESIGNATED, not destined

what ppl "believe" is irrelevant. words have meaning. and meanings don't suddenly change because u feel/believe/think/want it to mean something else

1 hour ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

big nope

destined has only 1 meaning: certainty

in the sentence u used, the correct word you're thinking of is DESIGNATED, not destined

what ppl "believe" is irrelevant. words have meaning. and meanings don't suddenly change because u feel/believe/think/want it to mean something else

Big yes ... and you prove my point entirely.
There is no reason in arguing it... there is different meanings, stemming from different cultures and beliefs. 

I literally quoted dictonary.com that showed there is 100% definitions that go against your belief :)
Feel free to expand your mind and have a quick google...

Edited by BrettzOr
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, TomataEighty9 said:

gewinnen KONNTEN, means COULD win, unless ny German is very rusty? 

konnten = could?

this Is what l think. DESIGNED to (it was meant to win), but maybe didnt. 

we Will find out eventually 1f605.png

gewinnen konnten = won (definitely won, no could. It means that they won 24h races. If the PD german translation from japanese is correct, there's no dought.

The only thing that could be understood in 2 ways is "24h races" = "24 Stunden rennen". It could be, that the plural is meant. So that we are looking for cars that have won more than just 1 24h race. But this was mentioned by other dudes before. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BrettzOr said:

Big yes ... and you prove my point entirely.
There is no reason in arguing it... there is different meanings, stemming from different cultures and beliefs. 

I literally quoted dictonary.com that showed there is 100% definitions that go against your belief :)
Feel free to expand your mind and have a quick google...

People have just made up their mind, and wont hear others opinions. Dont try, it's a lost battle. 

Even the word "Konnten" mens COULD, but people still keep saying "DEFINITELY WON"... 

No point in trying to discuss with people who have already made up their minds :) 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, danistheguy said:

300SL '52? No hashtag but says "This car, chassis number 007/52, is the car that won Le Mans."

McLaren F1 '97? Has the hashtag but doesn't say it won.

Anyone??

The McLaren 97 race car didn't win Le Mans it won in 95 so only the 95 version would count. The 300 SL 52 did win Le Mans and the Nurburgring aswell so that should count but the trophy could be bugged it's still be a possibility until we get proper confirmation.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, drossi1 said:

Here's a description how you can get the higher rewards for track experience, even retroactive, means when you still did the track experiences. This gave me about 10 Mio Credits in some minutes.

https://traxion.gg/stockpiles-of-credits-handed-out-in-gran-turismo-7-update-1-11/

thx for this post

got 1.5M credits retroactively :D 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomataEighty9 said:

Even the word "Konnten" mens COULD, but people still keep saying "DEFINITELY WON"... 

You're wrong though.

"Könnten" (with ö instead of o) means "could".

"konnten" in this context ("die einst 24-Stunden Rennen gewinnen konnten") means they were able to win. Or: they won.

• Like 4

I like how people will argue about the trophy's description text in other languages than the original Japanese as if it was relevant in the slightest.

Guys, only one person described the trophy based on what was needed to get it, and that person was Japanese. The others merely translated that and had no idea what the trophy requirements were.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, SirLugash said:

You're wrong though.

"Könnten" (with ö instead of o) means "could".

"konnten" in this context ("die einst 24-Stunden Rennen gewinnen konnten") means they were able to win. Or: they won.

If you build a car, that has the ABILITY to win, and you build it with the intention of winning, one COULD say it is built/destined to win. A car could be the BEST car that year, but not fulfill its DESTINY to win, because of a crash or failures on the mechanics...

But again, lets see when the trophy requirement is unveiled :) 

Everyone is GUESSING at this point. 

Just now, PhiphyL said:

I like how people will argue about the trophy's description text in other languages than the original Japanese as if it was relevant in the slightest.

Guys, only one person described the trophy based on what was needed to get it, and that person was Japanese. The others merely translated that and had no idea what the trophy requirements were.

Do YOU have something MORE relevant to this topic? Pardon me, but i think that discussing the wording of the trophy description, is more relevant, than you saying people who discuss it are stupid ;) 

8 minutes ago, PhiphyL said:

Also consider this:

- King Edward VII had two sons (and three daughters). 

- Albert Victor, his first, was born to be king. He never was, as he died before his father (Prince Charles says hi).

And here you prove my point. 

Being born to be king, is your destiny as a prince (eldest). BUT, if you die before your father (or mother, if the country has a queen), your destiny is not fulfilled. My point exactly. Thank you for proving my point :) 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TomataEighty9 said:

And here you prove my point. 

Being born to be king, is your destiny as a prince (eldest). BUT, if you die before your father (or mother, if the country has a queen), your destiny is not fulfilled. My point exactly. Thank you for proving my point :) 

I have no idea what your point is, I didn't read it. I stopped reading interpretations about this trophy a while ago.

The trophy's description is not helpful and we will only know what the requirements are when we finally get the trophy. We are at PD's mercy.

1 minute ago, PhiphyL said:

I have no idea what your point is, I didn't read it. I stopped reading interpretations about this trophy a while ago.

The trophy's description is not helpful and we will only know what the requirements are when we finally get the trophy. We are at PD's mercy.

My point was exactly what you proved. 

That the people in this thread, saying that the description MUST mean WON races, in my eyes, might be wrong. 

So actually, you and i agree. And im just pointing out that it's stupid to be so SURE about the WINNING part, when we dont KNOW if that's what PD means :) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AxillarySloth53 said:

The endurance race mission rewards have been revealed. Neither car fits the trophy eligibility.

Also, winning a car does not seem to count for trophies. You have to buy it. It happened to me with the eletric one (won an electric BMW, didn't count).

Edited by PhiphyL

38 minutes ago, PhiphyL said:

Also, winning a car does not seem to count for trophies. You have to buy it. It happened to me with the eletric one (won an electric BMW, didn't count).

Thats a different trophy that has the words "Purchase" and therefore must be purchased.

"Acquire" has a completely different meaning - As a thief may acquire goods... and someone who purchased art has also acquired it.
Plus in GT7 - if you win a car or purchase a car - it has a little 'acquired" icon next to it... so this strongly suggests that having the car in your collection counts as acquired.

• Like 1