Jump to content

“Time Played” is completely off


jord39912

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, James De Battisti said:

Hi my profile on ps5 and the app won’t update it was working yesterday for a few days now the time played has not worked not stop shoing what I played. Even if I re play the last game that was res 3 still won’t update is they away to fix. 
 

is this a know bug

 

I'm currently having the same issue. The last few games I've played aren't tracking properly at all. 

One isn't showing in the games played section and my time played for them isn't tracking whatsoever. Some don't even show my time, it's just blank.

 

Hopefully it gets fixed.

Edited by Sgznf
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That’s how mine started it would show the game I am playing but time would not show any think now it’s not showing any games played last game I played was res 3 ps4 and ps5 it stopped showing after this even if I re play them it’s still stuck very annoying bug. Wish Sony would sort this I mean sites like this can show games played and time correct but Sony ?. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not tracking mine either on ps5. (Using alt account). PS4 games look like they are updating, but I use a ps4 to play those. 

 

Recently put 2 hours onto GT7 and it's not changed. Most recent game I played on my ps5 was PS5 version of F1 2021 and still saying played 7 days ago. 

 

Its really triggering my OCD, so much so. I did my reset stuff on Destiny 2 on my Series S. 

 

Gameplay tracking both Steam and Xbox do pretty well (Nintendo is every 5 hours once over 100 hours in a game) yet Sony haven't fixed this and ps5 been our nearly 2 years. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This feature is rubbish it hardly ever increases your time played it's broken most of the time for me, Sony seriously need to either fix the feature or get rid of it because It's frustrating never seeing the time go up or even it saying last played at on the games and for people with OCD it really is annoying.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I started Horizon Zero Dawn on my PS5 and it added a new 'version' of it on my profile. So instead of adding onto the time played I had already on my PS4 it made a new version of Horizon. This feature is so inconsistent because I can play Black Ops Cold War PS4 version on my PS5 and it adds to the PS4 game time I already accumulated when I was playing on my PS4 Pro. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just checked and its still not updated. Even my friends on ps5 are playing a game and it's not updating there most recent played game on top. 

 

Maybe it's the beta or official clashing is it that beta is about to go public and everyone can have 1440p. 

 

Gonna go back to PS3 lol

 

Edit. Just tested on ps4 and that is updating to most recent game played on top in the list. So this its definitely something funny going on, on the ps5 end. 

Edited by PNMotorsportUK
Did a test
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Still not working to show games last played on Ps5 I not running the beta I played a few games now just stuck on res 3 happens before but it stopped on hot wheels after about 2 days I re played it and just started to work again. 
 

in the last few weeks the time played stopes was not updating now won’t update to any games played.

 

really annoying more so with OCD I lie, the feature but it never worked 100%.

9 hours ago, TheRetroManiac said:

This feature is rubbish it hardly ever increases your time played it's broken most of the time for me, Sony seriously need to either fix the feature or get rid of it because It's frustrating never seeing the time go up or even it saying last played at on the games and for people with OCD it really is annoying.

Do tell me more about this so annoying I like to see time played and I also like to see what games I have played wish they would fix it

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, James De Battisti said:

Still not working to show games last played on Ps5 I not running the beta I played a few games now just stuck on res 3 happens before but it stopped on hot wheels after about 2 days I re played it and just started to work again. 
 

in the last few weeks the time played stopes was not updating now won’t update to any games played.

 

really annoying more so with OCD I lie, the feature but it never worked 100%.

Do tell me more about this so annoying I like to see time played and I also like to see what games I have played wish they would fix it

 

 

I wish they would fix it too. As its annoying me to the point that i rather play on my ps3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, PNMotorsportUK said:

 

 

I wish they would fix it too. As its annoying me to the point that i rather play on my ps3

I don’t have this option I only have the ps5 for now but one time a game got stuck for some time but replaying it got it unstuck this time it won’t do not know why but if stir like this can do it why can Sony not. They have billions of ponds.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeap it triggers me as well. I find it "okey" for games I played before this feature was out. But its wrong even on new games I play. Cant flex the amount of hours I put into my games xDD I wonder if its correct on the yearly report we get 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah it's been fully broken for the last 3-4 days. About three weeks ago it was messed up too for a while but then it somewhat got fixed about a week and a half ago.

 

I highly recommend anyone who has some spare time to contact Playstation Support and tell them about it. You can just do it over the text chat on their support page. Only way to get Sony's attention to have it fixed it is a large enough amount of people reaching out and telling them the tracker is broken. It's a long shot but it's the only option to get their attention to fix it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So if I actually played the games on my PS4, would it tally up right when I check on the PS5? I'm just trying to figure out why it's so broken and never updates, making it look like you beat a game quicker than you have, It's just so dumb. I've read all sorts like make sure you're online and not appearing offline etc as it won't count, but it's just broken beyond repair for me, and it's frustrating.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, hydruxxo said:

Yeah it's been fully broken for the last 3-4 days. About three weeks ago it was messed up too for a while but then it somewhat got fixed about a week and a half ago.

 

I highly recommend anyone who has some spare time to contact Playstation Support and tell them about it. You can just do it over the text chat on their support page. Only way to get Sony's attention to have it fixed it is a large enough amount of people reaching out and telling them the tracker is broken. It's a long shot but it's the only option to get their attention to fix it.

I tried this a few weeks ago I rang the uk support they email me and I had to send them a picture about a week later they emailed back saying they was not aware of the issues and it slide not impact me using the ps5 witch is true but still it’s not working. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Trancexistence said:

Mine haven't updated for almost a week now and it's really bugging me. My most recently played games aren't updating on my PS5 or on the app on my phone. I earned the platinum for Until Dawn a few days ago and my PS5 says that my total game time was 4 hours even though it was about 12 hours.

My last played was res 3 remake and I got the plat since then it won’t update very annoying 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, PNMotorsportUK said:

I've posted about this on my twitter with screenshots of my friends on ps5 showing the game not updating. 

 

I got the feeling Sony don't give a f**k though. 

 

20 minutes ago, PNMotorsportUK said:

I've posted about this on my twitter with screenshots of my friends on ps5 showing the game not updating. 

 

I got the feeling Sony don't give a f**k though. 

No they do not 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have the same problem, but I've seen it for a while now. Sometimes my hours are calculated, and sometimes not, or sometimes as for example returnal my hour counter is blocked at 26h, and never increased even though I spent 20/30h more x)

And I have a lot of games where I have only one hour of play, I thought the problem was when you start a game directly after closing one, but it's not the case. I even tried to reboot the console after closing a game, but the console says played X hours ago, and doesn't update anything. I like to know how much time I spend on games, when I see less than an hour on games where I really struggled it frustrates me x)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...