[Defeated] End Boss Has Broken Me…Any Tips?

PhantomFear94

Update - Thank for all your tips, I managed it easily by abusing the +10 Wing of Astel weapon art (it’s the default one, can’t change it). Absolutely demolished the final phase, 70-90 seconds, just stay close. Had 94 INT. 

Original: I have never been a Soulsborne-type gamer, but was very intrigued by Elden Ring and I’ve fallen in love with it. I thought I’d end up getting destroyed, but shockingly 50 hours later I’m at the end boss. Had my struggles at times, but overall, not been too bad.

Unfortunately, I think my journey ends there. I was pleasantly surprised to see the end boss rated a 5/10 difficulty on PowerPyx’s amazing roadmap/boss guide - however, in the 2nd phase of the End Boss I have been 5-6 hours and I’m not even close. I personally found Maliketh, the Shardbearers etc. much easier.

I am an Astrologer magic build with high intelligence, and I have the same meteorite staff + rock sling combo + Mimic Tear +10 recommended so I don’t know why I’m struggling so much. Have intelligence, sorcery potency and damage negation +2 talismans Also have the Comet Azur spell/mixed physick mix (to cheese the first stage).

For me, the rock sling simply doesn’t connect at range on this boss which is ruining my strat. Unless I’m very close to it, they fall to the water with negligible damage. I can get roughly 50-60% of health but not being able to utilise this spell as well means that I end up just dying. It’s noticeably different that PP’s video where the sling spell seems to maintain its range.

If anyone has been able to beat this boss with a magic build, please tell me how!

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 1

Azur Comet and ranged playstyle in general didn't work for me neither. Try to get close and use melee range spells / ashes. Always roll into the boss. Only attacks to worry about and react to accordingly while you are very close are the AOE blast (run away holding circle) and the light beams from above (run away holding circle).

Spells/Ashes you should try to have a much easier time:

- Adula's Moonblade

- Hoarfrost Stomp

- Carian Slicer

+10 Mimic Tear.

The Mimic Tear is broken as hell right now. They'll probably nerf it. It's essentially a second you. I used a +25 Uchigatana in main hand and a +10 Hand of Malenia in my left hand when fighting the first form, then switched to two-handing Uchigatana for the second form. I was 60 Vigor, 27 End, the rest into Dex. I was around level 146. Saved all my mana (plus one mana pot) to spam Unsheathe on second form, gets it down to about half health.

Without trying to sound douchey, I feel like at 50 hours you're way under-levelled. I was around 90 hour when I finished. If you're under 135 you're probably under-levelled. Make sure your weapons are maxed. Make sure your potions are maxed in both terms of how many you can have (14) and their level (+12).

Being a magic build may not be the best thing on this boss because he moves so far out of range. You may be better off respecing with a Larval Tear and going for a melee build.

With any luck, you'll get the first form down with only using a few health pots so you'll have a nice lot left for the finale.

Also make sure you have your Wonderous Physic Flask mixed. I used the one that healed half HP and gave a safety bubble for the entire game. Gives you half health and a free hit to take.

First Form:

- Land a couple hits and then roll away

- When he does his big leaping attack, wait until the moment he starts descending to roll, you should dodge it every time. Keep rolling though as he always follows up with a massive AOE

- His front and back simultaneous AOE is his deadliest move and hardest to get out of

- You'll easily pull aggro from him, but so will your mimic. He's not afraid to change aggro mid-swing, either

Second Form:

- When you see him doing the holy bolts, run like hell in a slight circle. Running straight you'll almost always get hit

- For the rings, jump over them, there are 3. The rings themselves don't hurt if you get hit but they knock you down. It's the explosion at the end that hurts if you get stuck in it

- The orbs are terrible and last for way too long, you just have to keep running if they're on you.

- Don't get greedy with your hits and try not to hit him from the front, otherwise he'll slam his body down on you unexpectedly. When you get hits in, try to hit him from the side or behind

- Closing the distance is the most time-consuming and frustrating part once you learn his move set

- Try not to stay locked on to him unless he jumps into the air. Being locked on to big bosses as melee is a death sentence in most cases

Hope this helps. Wrote it as a general guide for anyone else having problems. There are no immunities listed for Elden Beast but I suspect he may have high magic resist given the nature of him (God).

Edited by DeathlessVoid

10 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

I have never been a Soulsborne-type gamer, but was very intrigued by Elden Ring and I’ve fallen in love with it. I thought I’d end up getting destroyed, but shockingly 50 hours later I’m at the end boss. Had my struggles at times, but overall, not been too bad.

Unfortunately, I think my journey ends there. I was pleasantly surprised to see the end boss rated a 5/10 difficulty on PowerPyx’s amazing roadmap/boss guide - however, in the 2nd phase (Elden Beast) I have been 5-6 hours and I’m not even close. I personally found Maliketh, the Shardbearers etc. much easier.

I am an Astrologer magic build with high intelligence, and I have the same meteorite staff + rock sling combo + Mimic Tear +10 recommended so I don’t know why I’m struggling so much. Have intelligence, sorcery potency and damage negation +2 talismans Also have the Comet Azur spell/mixed physick mix (to cheese the first stage).

For me, the rock sling simply doesn’t connect at range on this boss which is ruining my strat. Unless I’m very close to it, they fall to the water with negligible damage. I can get roughly 50-60% of health but not being able to utilise this spell as well means that I end up just dying. It’s noticeably different that PP’s video where the sling spell seems to maintain its range.

If anyone has been able to beat this boss with a magic build, please tell me how! For now, I’m going to do a couple of other games to have a break.

Radagon can be frostbitten, so if you learn the Cold / Frost line of Sorceries you can keep your losses to Radagon minimal with the highest resources available for Elden Beast. Your Mimic Tear will be mimicing your Cold / Frost spells and you can get Radagon frostbitten much easier.

When I fought the Elden Beast with Miracles, I stayed extremely close to the Elden Beast and unloaded nonstop, many of the mechanics are avoidable just from being extremely close. For example, the opening breath can be dodged by running behind the legs / tails and unloading.