Messed up

tonkie18

So I chose the wrong option still with some trophies to get. I haven’t completed the final mission yet and it has still let me use Trevor to get some of the trophies I was missing. However I am struggling for the ‘three man army one’ which I have a feeling I’ve completely missed the boat. 

I do have an earlier save - 11.9% that I could maybe go and complete it there. But will this ruin my current save 64%? Should I complete as much of the game as I can and then go to the earlier save and try and get the trophy there? 

Grr I’m really annoyed with myself. It is still letting me use all 3 characters at the moment but I cannot get them to hang out no matter what I do. 

You can load your previous save without any issue, provided that your current save is a "real" save, i.e. not an auto-save. When loading your previous save and finishing an action that triggers the game to save it will ask if you want to override your current auto-save. It shouldn't matter because you can always load your 64% save after that (like you loaded your 11.9% one). Just in case, backup your saves to PSN cloud first.

• Like 2

Thankyou this is what I thought but just wanted to check ☺️ Hopefully it’s still salvageable. I don’t want to start a whole new game. But hopefully the 11% one is close to the mission I need so I can get that last trophy! Long way to go yet though ?

I've done this a few times without any problem.  Just load the previous, get the trophy, then reload the 64% and continue on with your game.  You've got 15 save slots so just pick a trash one to overwrite if you want to save your progress from the 11% one.

• Like 2

If you've chosen option A, here are the trophies you're missing out on:

• :bronze: Three Man Army
  • :bronze: Waste Management
  • :silver: Kifflom!

All the other trophies are still obtainable, including achieving 100% completion.

Edited by Troz
dear mods PLEASE do not edit my own words without my permission.

Guys I’ve screwed up so bad I could cry ? 

I started GTA years ago. I played very little of the story mode. I never had a PS3 and I got the PS4 late. I spent hours and hours on GTA online. It’s only recently I’ve found trophy hunting..

Anyway years ago when I started the story mode I was not trophy orientated, I didn’t follow any guides and I just played really randomly. I’ve now come back to it, being more organised. I’ve put so many hours into it this week (usually I don’t have time to game but I’ve had an operation) and not only have I chose the wrong option at the end and locked myself out of ‘three man army’ but I’ve messed up and not done the stocks after the assassination missions so how on earth am I going to get 200 million? 

I really wanted being off my feet to be a productive gaming experience. Get a load of stuff out my backlog, earn some decent platinums.. and now I’ve just wasted so much time. I’ve not really been enjoying it at all, it’s such a grind for little return, you don’t feel like you’re making any progress at all the game is that vast. Is there any way to salvage the spending cash trophy? Or is my whole playthrough ruined now? I thought I was close to the 70 medals trophy as well.. until I found out all of mine are silver!!! So I have to redo all the missions again on this playthrough too. 

The earlier save I have is only 11%. It might get me the three man army trophy but think I’m screwed for the money one now? Please help I’m so mad at myself! 

should I just give up? Has it beaten me?

43 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

Guys I’ve screwed up so bad I could cry 1f61e.png 

I started GTA years ago. I played very little of the story mode. I never had a PS3 and I got the PS4 late. I spent hours and hours on GTA online. It’s only recently I’ve found trophy hunting..

Anyway years ago when I started the story mode I was not trophy orientated, I didn’t follow any guides and I just played really randomly. I’ve now come back to it, being more organised. I’ve put so many hours into it this week (usually I don’t have time to game but I’ve had an operation) and not only have I chose the wrong option at the end and locked myself out of ‘three man army’ but I’ve messed up and not done the stocks after the assassination missions so how on earth am I going to get 200 million? 

I really wanted being off my feet to be a productive gaming experience. Get a load of stuff out my backlog, earn some decent platinums.. and now I’ve just wasted so much time. I’ve not really been enjoying it at all, it’s such a grind for little return, you don’t feel like you’re making any progress at all the game is that vast. Is there any way to salvage the spending cash trophy? Or is my whole playthrough ruined now? I thought I was close to the 70 medals trophy as well.. until I found out all of mine are silver!!! So I have to redo all the missions again on this playthrough too. 

The earlier save I have is only 11%. It might get me the three man army trophy but think I’m screwed for the money one now? Please help I’m so mad at myself! 

I think you can do it this way:

1. Get every trophy (with the exception of Three Man Army) on your current 64% save
2. Once you've gotten everything else, load up your 11% save and simply go for the Three Man Army trophy

You would have spent money as Michael naturally most likely so there's no way you missed out on it.

As for trophy hunting itself, yeah trophy hunting can grind you down. When games stop becoming fun because of trophy hunting, I usually take a break and just play something for fun. I hate the idea of trophies ruining my passion for gaming so I always try to balance it out as much as I can.

Edited by TheRedMaverick
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, TheRedMaverick said:

When games stop becoming fun because of trophy hunting, I usually take a break and just play something for fun. I hate the idea of trophies ruining my passion for gaming so I always try to balance it out as much as I can.

This is the best advice.

Don't let playing games and getting trophies become a job. If you messed up your playthrough come back later, play it again, this time prepared, and get all trophies. No one's rushing you.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

Guys I’ve screwed up so bad I could cry 1f61e.png 

A helpful tip for the ‘A Lot of Cheddar’ trophy, you can just buy as many shares of a stock that you’re able to with the money you do have, then immediately sell them. Just do this over and over until the trophy pops.

Edited by DoctorTobias
  • Like 1

Thanks for calming me down guys ?

it’s been such a rubbish week. I absolutely hate being useless and unproductive. I’m not allowed to weight bare on my leg so I’m pretty much bedridden. I thought I could use the time and finally get some games finished I’m always putting off. In normal life I don’t get that much time to tackle big games.

I’ve just spent that much time on GTA online it just bores me now. All the driving and mooching around. I want to experience other games as I’ve missed out on so many. But feel like I’ve given a week of my life to this and not got very far. 

Then my Vita died. So naturally, I’m just an emotional wreck ? I blame the pain killers. 

Im hoping I can get all the other trophies and then the Three man army on my other save. But I’m really worried about the lot of cheddar one. I’ve read so many posts and guides about stock and no matter what I don’t understand it all. Pain killers ??‍♀️ I’ve ended up losing a load of money and I don’t know where it went!

I’ll take a look at that video, I really appreciate it. Think I’m gonna go play something else for a while. 

that’s good to know. I suppose I could just keep saving and trying different stocks? ??‍♀️ Risky business! 

I haven’t completed the final mission yet. I accidentally chose to kill Trevor but I still needed him for some stuff. 

If I kill him can I still replay the missions after? I need to get 70 gold medals. Or should I complete those first and then kill him? I’ve done all the trophies I need with him (except three man army)

Learned my lesson now if I ever get a choice in a game read up! 

I knew I still had stuff to do with Franklin and Michael, and I didn’t actually think Trevor would die. I didn’t think it mattered which thing I chose. 

On 3/18/2022 at 8:07 AM, tonkie18 said:

that’s good to know. I suppose I could just keep saving and trying different stocks? ?1f3fc.png‍♀️ Risky business! 

I haven’t completed the final mission yet. I accidentally chose to kill Trevor but I still needed him for some stuff. 

If I kill him can I still replay the missions after? I need to get 70 gold medals. Or should I complete those first and then kill him? I’ve done all the trophies I need with him (except three man army)

Learned my lesson now if I ever get a choice in a game read up! 

I knew I still had stuff to do with Franklin and Michael, and I didn’t actually think Trevor would die. I didn’t think it mattered which thing I chose. 

There are some missions (not Lester's asasination missions) that can also affect the stock market, even though the profit % are not as big as Lester's mission. Any additional income helps though.

You can use the gta fandom website to see missions details before your even start them, assuming completed already the story then spoilers should be not problem...

Maybe another advice is just to repeat again story mode.

I did that from end of December and managed to get all offline trophies in mid-February, so like 1,5 months, and I was not playing everyday.