AFK methods for farming (GT 1.09 update)

Septomor

23 hours ago, yale70 said:

I swapped in an SSD into my PS4 Pro last week and tweaked the timing for my console but now it keeps getting stuck on the loading screen for Race 2 after a couple successful runs. Might try a reinstall and if not that, seeing if the old HDD works better. Granted, it is kind of a cheapo Silicon Power 1TB and the performance hasn't been all that great to begin with, so I might have just wasted my time.

I had the same issue after swapping my HDD to a SSD. I just formatted the SSD again and did a clean re-install of the OS and only restored my save data and downloaded GT7 again to see if it helps. The first time I did a complete backup and restore of all data to the SSD. Wondering if we both got unlucky with SSDs or if maybe the script was causing GT7 to hit some bug, lol

The revelation for me here is that after putting the console into rest for a period, I need to RESTART the console otherwise my RPlay connection is very unstable. The lag created is enough to throw the timing of the script out just enough that it gets stuck looping on the replay screen rather than advancing to race 2 and exiting.

After restart, the setup in my first post completely works fine and reliably.

3 hours ago, wildace408 said:

I had the same issue after swapping my HDD to a SSD. I just formatted the SSD again and did a clean re-install of the OS and only restored my save data and downloaded GT7 again to see if it helps. The first time I did a complete backup and restore of all data to the SSD. Wondering if we both got unlucky with SSDs or if maybe the script was causing GT7 to hit some bug, lol

Glad to see I'm not the only one then. I've yet to tinker with it more since I've been slammed with work this whole week.

Has yours worked after the reformat and clean reinstall? I more or less followed the same procedure the first time around; only transferred save data and small apps, not GT7 and had to do a full reinstall of the game. I was hoping I'd avoid having to do that a second time around since it takes absolutely forever for the game to DL on my network but I suppose it's the only other way short of chalking it up to bad SSD. I haven't been actively timing it but it seems like it only runs for about 30 minutes to an hour before it freezes on Race 2's loading screen.

Edited by yale70

23 hours ago, Harimau87 said:

Has anyone else been running this script, earning the 50k and it not somehow adding onto your total credits?

I ran into that same problem last night/all day today.  My credits were stuck just over 20 million...then I realized that the 100 million cap isn't implemented yet, so I spent them all and now it is accruing credits again.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, yale70 said:

Glad to see I'm not the only one then. I've yet to tinker with it more since I've been slammed with work this whole week.

Has yours worked after the reformat and clean reinstall? I more or less followed the same procedure the first time around; only transferred save data and small apps, not GT7 and had to do a full reinstall of the game. I was hoping I'd avoid having to do that a second time around since it takes absolutely forever for the game to DL on my network but I suppose it's the only other way short of chalking it up to bad SSD. I haven't been actively timing it but it seems like it only runs for about 30 minutes to an hour before it freezes on Race 2's loading screen.

I was able to get it to run for about 4-5 hours this last time but then came back to it stuck on that loading screen for race 2. Only way to fix it is to completely close the game and restart it.

My SSD is also pretty old but was working perfectly fine in laptop before. I am wondering if there is a buffer/cache issue GT7 is hitting now when using the quicker drive. I may try to manually recreate the issue just to rule out the script but only if the script starts triggering it more often.

On 2022-03-30 at 10:28 AM, TaveVR said:

I don't think I understand your resolution correctly. You say to put left and value 2. I did it but then when he starts hacks he always tends to go to the last championship unlocked. I do not understand. Can you bend me more extensively, please?

Same issue here. Any ideas?

7 hours ago, wildace408 said:

I was able to get it to run for about 4-5 hours this last time but then came back to it stuck on that loading screen for race 2. Only way to fix it is to completely close the game and restart it.

My SSD is also pretty old but was working perfectly fine in laptop before. I am wondering if there is a buffer/cache issue GT7 is hitting now when using the quicker drive. I may try to manually recreate the issue just to rule out the script but only if the script starts triggering it more often.

Yeah I finished reinstalling last night and I'm still running into the same issue. I've using the very first script that's timing only so I can keep my display off while I sleep. First attempt got stuck on the Race 2 loading screen after just one race, second attempt got stuck on the leaderboard before the second race, third attempt I ran overnight; went from roughly $500k to $2.5m so it ran for a good while but ultimately I woke up to it stuck again. 

Unfortunately I feel like this SSD experiment has been more trouble than it's been worth in my case as I've spent more time babysitting the console than I have actually making credits. Like I mentioned before, the Silicon Power is pretty cheap as far as 1TB SSDs go so I wouldn't be surprised if it just sucks (even though I've used smaller sizes from them in other projects with good results). At least I'll have somewhat of a leg to stand on for filing a return. I might try a drive from a more reputable brand in the future, but in the meantime I'll be going back to the HDD. 

Hopefully you find something else out!

1 hour ago, yale70 said:

Yeah I finished reinstalling last night and I'm still running into the same issue. I've using the very first script that's timing only so I can keep my display off while I sleep. First attempt got stuck on the Race 2 loading screen after just one race, second attempt got stuck on the leaderboard before the second race, third attempt I ran overnight; went from roughly $500k to $2.5m so it ran for a good while but ultimately I woke up to it stuck again. 

Unfortunately I feel like this SSD experiment has been more trouble than it's been worth in my case as I've spent more time babysitting the console than I have actually making credits. Like I mentioned before, the Silicon Power is pretty cheap as far as 1TB SSDs go so I wouldn't be surprised if it just sucks (even though I've used smaller sizes from them in other projects with good results). At least I'll have somewhat of a leg to stand on for filing a return. I might try a drive from a more reputable brand in the future, but in the meantime I'll be going back to the HDD. 

Hopefully you find something else out!

Well seems we are not alone. Others with SSD and not using the script are hitting issues.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt7-on-ps4-pro-locking-up-during-loading.405039/

Going to guess it is a GT7 issue when running on SSD on PS4. Hopefully linking another forum is ok. I may see if I can submit a bug and see if anything comes from it.

I was able to run the script for abour an hour last night before it got stuck on loading 2nd race again.

21 minutes ago, wildace408 said:

Well seems we are not alone. Others with SSD and not using the script are hitting issues.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt7-on-ps4-pro-locking-up-during-loading.405039/

Going to guess it is a GT7 issue when running on SSD on PS4. Hopefully linking another forum is ok. I may see if I can submit a bug and see if anything comes from it.

I was able to run the script for abour an hour last night before it got stuck on loading 2nd race again.

I went ahead and bumped that thread. Based on the dates, it seems like this has been going on well before 1.09 rolled out. Hopefully it gets addressed by PD down the road and they don't kill Race 1 while they're at it. Even then, my fingers are crossed that the next big update bumps the payouts enough to where the possibility of this farming method dying isn't going to sting very much. I doubt it's going to be as good as they say, but one can hope.

HDD has been working well so far; no screwups... yet. Will probably have to tweak my timings a little since some of the delays seem a little long.

Edited by yale70

41 minutes ago, yukkuriaoba_123 said:

As may have already been reported.
It keeps replaying endlessly after the race is over.
There may be something wrong with my settings.
I am not sure.

Depending on what version you're on, it might be the pixel finding for the second leaderboard screen. Anytime it gets stuck in that replay loop, you have to click "ColorP2" on the leaderboard screen to recalibrate (in essence) the pixel finder and it should advance and keep working, at least for a while. I personally have never gotten the pixel finding method to work reliably because of that exact issue.

• Like 1

So it looks like I broke it for myself :(

I progressed to the next championship, and now it tries to launch that instead :(

Anybody else done this and got it working again?

Edit: fixed it, added this a to line 280 just before the sleep 500 and got rid of the down loop that immediately followed.

Sleep, 200

ControlSend,, {%turnLeft% down}, ahk_id %id% 
    Sleep, 200
    ControlSend,, {%turnLeft% up}, ahk_id %id%

Edited by Axeblokie
Fixed it
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, yale70 said:

使用しているバージョンによっては、2番目のリーダーボード画面のピクセル検出である可能性があります。その再生ループでスタックするときはいつでも、リーダーボード画面で[ColorP2]をクリックして、ピクセルファインダーを(本質的に)再調整する必要があります。少なくともしばらくの間、前進して動作し続けるはずです。私は個人的に、その正確な問題のために、ピクセル検索方法が確実に機能するようになったことがありません。

Thank you very much.
I did that and it works correctly.
I will try again in a while to see how it works.

On 3/27/2022 at 8:19 PM, Levikenz said:

Also can someone post an updated (non-expiring) discord link? The one on the previous page and the one in the OP are invalid.

Thanks!

For me, it shows I'm in the discord, and then it wants me to react by clicking the thumbs up emoji to gain access. But when I do that, nothing happens and only the "#read-me" channel remains available. Any  ideas?

4 hours ago, Septomor said:

hey i have a question. so i have been doing the pan am the past couple days but with the hair band on the analog stick method and its worked perfectly every time, i just have manually loop the race. would it be possible for you to make an exe that only does the x and o buttons? thats all id need. im not tech savvy so id love the help. i can even give the time estimates, i dont neeed it to be fast because i have a fat ps4. i have 0 issue by over estimating by like 30 seconds extra on the long loading screens. would love some help!!

I feel like something odd happened in 1.09, previously it was 20 million per 24 hours very reliably. Now it seems to be getting 12 million per 24 hours. Not watching it so I don't know if it's pausing for periods of time but it seems there's definitely a reduction in payout. 

Still enormous though so whatever. Just food for thought.

This is ps5 version btw