Spartacus - Classic PlayStation Titles Speculation

Rebourne07

Classic PlayStation Title Trophy Support  

120 members have voted

1. 1. If Classic PlayStation Titles are offered, do you think they will have trophy support? Do you want them to have trophy support?

• Yes they will have trophy support, and yes I want them to have trophy support
    • Yes they will have trophy support, but no I don't want them to have trophy support
    • No they will not have trophy support, but yes I want them to have trophy support
    • No they will not have trophy support, and no I don't want them to have trophy support

Ape  Escape - Arc The Lad: Twilight of the Spirits - Dark Cloud - Dark Cloudd 2 - Destroy All Humans - Destroy All Humans 2

Fantavision - Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life SE - Harvest Moon Save The Homeland - Hot Shots Tennis - Kinetica - Okage: Shadow King

Primal - Rogue Galaxy - Siren - Wild Arms 3

Technically they're all 1:1 ports  (I know there's more that's all the ones in the US/Cad "PS2" Section of PSnow)

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

natively? or re-released on newer platforms?

8 minutes ago, mackenzie129 said:

Ape  Escape - Arc The Lad: Twilight of the Spirits - Dark Cloud - Dark Cloudd 2 - Destroy All Humans - Destroy All Humans 2

Fantavision - Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life SE - Harvest Moon Save The Homeland - Hot Shots Tennis - Kinetica - Okage: Shadow King

Primal - Rogue Galaxy - Siren - Wild Arms 3

Technically they're all 1:1 ports  (I know there's more that's all the ones in the US/Cad "PS2" Section of PSnow)

So to answer your question, none were natively: they all used the PS2 on PS4 porting program to program trophies into games. 

I hope they do have trophies. The patent anyways doesn't confirm anything because the same article talks about a 2013 patent on BC that was never used. But yes, I would love to play GT4 or Dino Crisis with trophies. +1 if Square adds the classic FF Origin collection that contained FF1&2.

Edited by Jeanoltt
  • Like 2

While I was always hyped to play PS1 games with trophy support, lately I've been thinking about why I wouldn't want them.

The main reason is that if they are going to implement trophy support for retrogaming, it will be some kind of standard list for each game, just like Arcade Classic Games we usually see popping up on PSN. Obviously these games have a specific score count, so it's easy to implement trophies for each of these games, even if it's the same for all of them. PS1 and PS2 games don't have this system, so it would take months, if not years, to make a trophy list for each game - that's why I think trophy support won't be included. Unless there is a specific team doing this or the devs decide to code their relics to pop up trophies... And since Capcom/Konami doesn't worry that much when they release a new classic collection, other devs must have other priorities. Sure "other devs did great trophy lists for PS2" but these also took time to do, these re-release were meant to be done by their own company. We are talking about games released from thousands of different devs, released day one by Sony, that must compromise time to reprogram a trophy support and we won't get games with trophy support for a long long time, if there ever will be one for each one of them. 

Now even if it was a Arcade Classic Game style trophies, most people would be disappointed or even trophy hunting wouldn't be that "fun". I mean, you should pop all trophies after playing a few hours, once you reach that "score".

The other reason I wouldn't like to see it is about the system designation. If you're playing a PS1 game, the system will recognize it as a PS1 game or a PS4/PS5 game? Might be a nick picking, but it would be better if they create a new "platform" for all these retro games, even if it was a PS1/2/P label. 

Edited by TurtlePM

• 2 weeks later...

Syphon Filter 1, 2, Dark Mirror, and Logan’s Shadow rated for PS5 and PS4 in Korea.

Since they were rated separately and not as part of a collection, speculation is that these titles will be available through PS+ Premium.

Valkyrie Profile has been trademarked.

My assumption was that this would be a re-release of the mobile port for consoles, but I suppose it could also be the PSP version made available through PS+ Premium.

Edited by Abby_TheLastofUs
  • Like 1