Spartacus - Classic PlayStation Titles Speculation

Rebourne07

Classic PlayStation Title Trophy Support  

120 members have voted

1. 1. If Classic PlayStation Titles are offered, do you think they will have trophy support? Do you want them to have trophy support?

• Yes they will have trophy support, and yes I want them to have trophy support
    • Yes they will have trophy support, but no I don't want them to have trophy support
    • No they will not have trophy support, but yes I want them to have trophy support
    • No they will not have trophy support, and no I don't want them to have trophy support

I do hope the old PS2 games have trophy support if only to get more people interested in playing the classics from the PS2 era. I would be even happier if they bring back gems like Metal Arms: Glitch in the System, DragonQuest 8: Journey of the Cursed King, Timesplitters, and others. There are games that were undersold on PS2, but ended up having a huge following afterward.

• Like 4

It would be interesting to play classic games and, on top of that, have a trophy list. It's something we've already seen with ported games, like Final Fantasy VII, Bully, Siren, etc. so there's hope that they can include trophies. But if they don't, it's not a problem either.

• Like 2

Well, if were just posting dreams and stuff:

PS1

-Digimon World

-Jade Cocoon (I believe there was some kind of confirmation for this one?)

-Intelligent Qube

-Omega Boost

-Alundra

-Lunar 1/2 Complete

PS2

-Both Castlevania games.

-Atelier Iris trilogy.

-The original .hack quartet.

PS3:
-Folklore

-Dark Sector

-Brutal Legend (but steady the damn servers, they sucked when the game was new)

• Like 4

Having trophy support for all classic games or not is not a dealbreaker but I feel that doing so would be a lot more work than Sony is willing to put into it or even that they can put into it. Maybe there'll be a set of generic trophies for each game at the very best.

• Like 2

It would be an awesome move and will breath some new life in older titles. I played a lot of ps2 games but never felt the need to finish them but this would definitely change that.

But even with the patent that they had related to this I'm still very skeptical.

16 minutes ago, MennoWoods2 said:

There was a patent filed by Sony last year for an ability to add trophies to older games.

So maybe they will use that to add trophies to these ps classics.

I really hope so, it would be a lot of fun to play these older games again but with trophies.1f600.png

Source:

PlayStation Patents the Ability to Add Trophies to Older ... - IGNhttps://www.ign.com › articles › playstation-patents-the-...

Sony is kinda infamous for filing patents, then not making the product. There was a concept ps4 controller that could be split up to turn it into two PS Move controllers and that hasn't been touched as an idea for years.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, breakingthegreen said:

Sony is kinda infamous for filing patents, then not making the product. There was a concept ps4 controller that could be split up to turn it into two PS Move controllers and that hasn't been touched as an idea for years.

Yeah you're definitely right, there have indeed been a lot of patents of products and services that never see the light of day. I am also still a bit skeptical about it.

I just hope that this one is going to be used. ?

• Like 1

This wasn't the original source that I read about this, but there was an article than mentioned playstation patented a way to add trophies to older, emulated games. So perhaps it's possible...I'd like to hope so.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ign.com/articles/playstation-patents-the-ability-to-add-trophies-to-emulated-retro-games%3famp=1

17 hours ago, MennoWoods2 said:

There was a patent filed by Sony last year for an ability to add trophies to older games.

So maybe they will use that to add trophies to these ps classics.

I really hope so, it would be a lot of fun to play these older games again but with trophies.1f600.png

Source:

PlayStation Patents the Ability to Add Trophies to Older ... - IGNhttps://www.ign.com › articles › playstation-patents-the-...

This is why I think it's a little more likely than not the older games will now have trophies. A lot of patents never get used, but I could see this one being implemented. 

If the PS1, PS2, and PSP games don't have trophies it will be okay. I'm more interested in having a modern console to play them on than them getting trophies. 

• Like 1

I don't think they will have Trophy support: trophy hunters are only a minority in the whole playerbase, and the fact that PS2/Psp games on the Ps3 and on the PsVita lack support makes me think about that.

But needless to say yes, I hope to be wrong and that they will have the support.

Edited by KenjiCBZ

On 3/25/2022 at 3:17 PM, breakingthegreen said:

They're labeled "PS2 Classics" and I'm surprised Sony didn't release more.

PS1/2 Classics are publishing labels, it comes down to whoever owns the right to a particular title as to if it gets rereleased as a Classic.

On 3/25/2022 at 4:15 PM, dakk55 said:

I do hope the old PS2 games have trophy support if only to get more people interested in playing the classics from the PS2 era. I would be even happier if they bring back gems like Metal Arms: Glitch in the System

Metal?Arms:?Glitch?In?The?System

Now THAT is a game that I would love to play again with trophy support

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...