Online shutting down 30th Sept 2022

Stevieboy

9 minutes ago, Fr1zzank_25 said:

This may be silly to ask, but does anybody know the specific hour servers will go down? I have maybe 10 fish left to catch, but will be busy tomorrow (Sept 29) most of the day. If they shut off at, say, 4PM Eastern, I may be screwed. 

I don't think a specific time was specified as far as I know (someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). It won't take you long to get 10 fish so hopefully you can squeeze some time in!

6 hours ago, RotatingCube said:

I thought I remember somewhere saying that it was Japan time. Probably the time the game set for its daily reset (the one where the conditions for the online courses changes).

Gotta say though, you are in a real bind here. Don't you have somebody else who can catch the rest of the fish for you?

Japan time was my worry! So much so, I told work I may be an hour late this morning, and I grinded out those fishes! Plat is done! Feels nice. I had given up on it a while ago because of the condors, but for whatever reason I was browsing the forum last week, and seen people talking about the glitch characters, so I made another run at it. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Fr1zzank_25 said:

Japan time was my worry! So much so, I told work I may be an hour late this morning, and I grinded out those fishes! Plat is done! Feels nice. I had given up on it a while ago because of the condors, but for whatever reason I was browsing the forum last week, and seen people talking about the glitch characters, so I made another run at it. 

Congrats on getting it done.

For anyone else wondering the scheduled shutdown time, from the original notice:

Scheduled for Friday, September 30, 2022 at 11:00 a.m. (Japan time)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, karanjitmann400 said:

If it is 11am japan time then that means it shuts down tonight in the US at 10PM

Yes, 10pm Eastern, 9pm Central, 8pm Mountain and 7pm Pacific in the US, all tonight. 11am JST on the 30th is 2am UTC on the 30th, which means all the US times are on the 29th. Basically, a little over 7 hours from now.

Edited by Stevieboy

It's over. I was just booted and can't get back in. I needed 36 fish when I began 2 and half hours ago. I got it down to 9. I could just vomit. This is mostly my fault. At least the events of today are. I thought I had until tomorrow night, because I'm an idiot. After all the stress of last night. All the help I got from various members, who took significant time to give me detailed instructions, I absolutely fucking blew it. 

I cut myself some slack because I lost a week to a hospital stay right after I started playing Everybody's Golf, and have been pretty sick since then, so my stamina hasn't been great, and I have been in bed a lot. But I COULD have given myself a like, 4 more hours, if I wouldn't have been such a dumbass and not realized the closure was tonight. I think I might induce vomiting, just as a ceremonial act commemorating my pitiful, miserable failure. ?

Just for giggles, when trying to enter the online tournament it reads: "The Everybody's Golf Onlinev Service is scheduled to begin soon. Please wait until the scheduled start if the test."

Edited by COKTOE
additional post info
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, COKTOE said:

It's over. I was just booted and can't get back in. I needed 36 fish when I began 2 and half hours ago. I got it down to 9. I could just vomit. This is mostly my fault. At least the events of today are. I thought I had until tomorrow night, because I'm an idiot. After all the stress of last night. All the help I got from various members, who took significant time to give me detailed instructions, I absolutely fucking blew it. 

I cut myself some slack because I lost had a hospital stay right after I started playing Everybody's Golf, and have been pretty sick since then, so my stamina hasn't been great, and I have been in bed a lot. But I COULD have given myself a like, 4 more hours, if I wouldn't have been such a dumbass and not realized the closure was tonight. I think I might induce vomiting, just as a ceremonial act commemorating my pitiful, miserable failure. ?

Just for giggles, when trying to enter the online tournament it reads: "The Everybody's Golf Onlinev Service is scheduled to begin soon. Please wait until the scheduled start if the test."

Yeah that's a gut punch man. Was really rooting for you. Hopefully the servers eventually get revived by the fans and if they're open source, this site would hopefully allow you to earn the trophies you missed out on. This game was very popular in Japan and a lot of people were using it as a chatroom almost, so I have no doubt there will be a lot of interest to bring this game back in some fashion

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TheRedMaverick said:

Yeah that's a gut punch man. Was really rooting for you. Hopefully the servers eventually get revived by the fans and if they're open source, this site would hopefully allow you to earn the trophies you missed out on. This game was very popular in Japan and a lot of people were using it as a chatroom almost, so I have no doubt there will be a lot of interest to bring this game back in some fashion

You know what really sucks? I can't even drink any more and slip this terrible day into the ether. I have scotch, but if I have more than 1 shot, it might kill me. I just have to eat the shit sandwich and smile.?

Thanks again for all your help, though. I hope if we talk again, I'm not a bit more grounded.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, COKTOE said:

You know what really sucks? I can't even drink any more and slip this terrible day into the ether. I have scotch, but if I have more than 1 shot, it might kill me. I just have to eat the shit sandwich and smile.1f642.png

Thanks again for all your help, though. I hope if we talk again, I'm not a bit more grounded.

Yeah I have some unobtainable trophies on my profile so I know the feeling... I'll drink on your behalf haha. No problem, glad you made it out of that health scare at least. That's worth way more than a stupid trophy anyway

• Like 2

Now I also have 'Walking Encyclopaedia'.

Last Saturday I found out about the server closure and started catching up. In the home area I caught all the fish except the 'Koi Carp' (that was ??? on Wednesday).

Kato was beaten on Thursday night second time and then I went fishing - Five hours until closing. The course 'Eagle City Golf Club Out' was overcrowded, everyone else did it without any problems - always the best fishing rod and the best bait. In some places the small fishes were more difficult to get than the big ones.

Today, after a few courses for money and what felt like 100 attempts, I finally got the fish.

Now I hate fishing more than anything else  ?.

50 minutes ago, RetroSven said:

Now I also have 'Walking Encyclopaedia'.

Last Saturday I found out about the server closure and started catching up. In the home area I caught all the fish except the 'Koi Carp' (that was ??? on Wednesday).

Kato was beaten on Thursday night second time and then I went fishing - Five hours until closing. The course 'Eagle City Golf Club Out' was overcrowded, everyone else did it without any problems - always the best fishing rod and the best bait. In some places the small fishes were more difficult to get than the big ones.

Today, after a few courses for money and what felt like 100 attempts, I finally got the fish.

Now I hate fishing more than anything else  1f620.png.

I'm really sorry for my ignorance but I thought the servers had already closed? How were you able to fish and go online? (Unless you strictly mean just in the home area) 

I'm only asking because some people still would like their trophies and you could help them know more about it! ?

Edited by mattfry94
Typo

12 hours ago, mattfry94 said:

I'm really sorry for my ignorance but I thought the servers had already closed? How were you able to fish and go online? (Unless you strictly mean just in the home area) 

I'm only asking because some people still would like their trophies and you could help them know more about it! 1f60a.png

Sorry, I didn't mean to give you false hope.

I can't go fishing online anymore either. The only thing missing for me was the koi carp (No. 11). This one can be caught in the Home Area Pond or Eagle City Golf Club Out.

In my time zone the server closure was on Friday 04:00am. It was well after midnight, I was tired and exhausted - all the other fish were caught and my money was close to zero. I knew all I needed was the koi carp (#11) - I stopped at that point and went to bed. On Saturday I got the koi carp at the Home Area Pond.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2022 at 7:16 PM, mattfry94 said:

I know my words won't mean much and cannot change the fact that you can't get the Platinum anymore but please don't blame yourself. It sounded like you did work really hard and it's nice working together for people and just sharing something for the same interest of trophy hunting, playing games and enjoying yourself! 

The reason why I wanted to reply was because you mentioned about all the stuff that's been happening in your life and honestly, that's tough and you've nailed what's been going on and are doing your best. No Platinum needed for that! Your health and wellbeing will always be worth more than any trophy (although tell that to myself with the many all nighters with trophy hunting) but please, you're not an idiot! You worked hard, be proud and know you would have gotten the Platinum if it wasn't for the closure of the servers. 

If it makes you feel better I didn't know about the servers closing for Onrush so now I can't get that Platinum. That sucks. But you know what? That's out of my control and I'll focus my efforts to other games! 

So please, go chase that next Platinum and look after yourself 1f304.png I hope your health improves and you can enjoy some gaming! 

Edit - This also goes to anyone that's feeling down if they missed out on the Platinum. Keep on keeping on because your profiles have some damn fine accomplishments and there are many more to achieve. 

Hey man, thanks for kind words of wisdom. Appreciate it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, COKTOE said:

Hey man, thanks for kind words of wisdom. Appreciate it.

No worries! What platinum or game are you working on now? And this thread are full of great people who also share the same thoughts as myself so really, keep on keeping on because you're doing great ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CBASS593 said:

The VS characters are not showing up since servers shut down and I only need 3 more. I was hoping this wasn’t tied to servers but it looks like I won’t be able to platinum the game now.

The revenge vs characters? That's odd because some people tested in the past whether revenge vs characters still showed up while being completely offline and they did. That would usually mean online servers weren't involved.