problem with sony exclusives...

wool001

Devil_Spooky

gta 5 rdr load great and fast but heavy rain,beyond to souls uncharted 3, gt6 have problems

Parker

i always thought i have it vented well enough buts its getting clear to me somthing im doing isnt helping because this problem has been following me from machine to machine.

the machine i have is still under warranty from eb games all i have to do is return it, but i know if i return it the same thing will happen again because the one i have i got from returning my original a couple months ago. the only thing i do wrong is smoke around it and i do have a window close to it. does anyone else smoke around there machine and have NO problems ??

All those games have more data in them then GTA or RDR, sooner or later you'll experience the same problems on them too, your laser is dying. Either you are extremely unlucky and got a defective unit or your smoking is killing your units.

Just by quickly cruising over the facts; if you're on your 3rd PS3 and none of the games are working for you, maybe you're the problem? Not being a dick but, you are part of the equation.

Do you have children? Pets? Do you handle your discs in bad ways? Do you transport your PS3's frequently? Is your house dirty/dusty? Does the PS3 have lots of air space?

There's a lot of different things to consider.

I haven't had a single problem with my slim, but my launch unit died...

But given what you're saying, I can only conclude that you are doing something wrong. Maybe inserting discs into drives is not your thing. Stick to downloading games and you should be fine... but God help you if you have to swap out your hard drive :blink:

It's obvious, your PS3 is an Xbox in disguise.

I'm surprised it took this long into this thread for some.... ehm, well, I'm just surprised it took this long to see an Xbox attack.

Granted I've only played a dozen games, I've not had any issues, and mines quite worn.

Edited by Leo_Ascendent

I'm surprised it took this long into this thread for some.... ehm, well, I'm just surprised it took this long to see an Xbox attack.

Granted I've only played a dozen games, I've not had any issues, and mines quite worn.

Wasn't attacking Xbox, just saying that because his PS3 will play anything but exclusives. Just a joke.

When I had my first PS3 I started having errors with it whenever I tried to put a disc in and play it, I sent it back to PlayStation though and they gave me a new one for free. Don't know if that would work for you or not though if you tried, I'm in Australia btw so I don't know how it works in other countries.

Yeah, if you've tried multiple discs and multiple systems then the problem isn't either of those. Unless the store you get your games and systems from just happens to have bad ones and they just keep giving them to you for chuckles. Since that is probably rather unlikely depending on the kind of people working there, it sounds like the problem is either the environment the system is in or you're really rough on your systems and don't realize it.

Do you stand them up vertically or horizontally? As others have said too make sure there's good airflow around it and make sure it's on a flat, hard surface and not something like a mattress or anything that has give to it and could cause the vents to get blocked easily. Make sure the surface is clean and not covered in a foot of dust, major exaggeration, hopefully lol, but you get the idea.

Smoke of any kind is not good for electronics since it can essentially choke the components and cause them to fail a lot faster. If you get a new system I would not smoke around it at all and see if that helps.