Platinum in 2022

Patrickosan

Hey there. 

I wonder why platinum is so rare in this game? Is it because of Ace difficulty or maybe grindy online, especially killing 1000 other players ships. How does it look in 2022? Would you say it could be harder or easier to do? I know multiplayer is probably going dead, but are there some ways to boost online right now? 

Cheers and thanks for info! 

It was an ultra rare before it came out on PS Plus. PS Plus made it even rarer. It's now rarer than Wolfenstein 2 platinum!

The 1000 kills in dogfight were a big grind and got a bit dull. Even back in 2020 it was hard to find players playing that mode. Most people were playing the fleet battles. Getting the 10 wins in fleet battles also took a while.

Campaign on Ace difficulty wasn’t too bad. A few earlier missions were hard before you unlocked all your abilities.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I started playing today and went with story on Ace. I'm on second mission, but played just an hour or two. After I beat story once to learn all moves, I will go with Dogfights and grind 1000 kills. 

Do you have some tips? I saw that remapping buttons can somehow help, but didn't test it yet. Also are there some OP builds for ships? 

2 hours ago, Patrickosan said:

Ok, I started playing today and went with story on Ace. I'm on second mission, but played just an hour or two. After I beat story once to learn all moves, I will go with Dogfights and grind 1000 kills. 

Do you have some tips? I saw that remapping buttons can somehow help, but didn't test it yet. Also are there some OP builds for ships? 

I did this a while back when the game came out so unsure if things have been nerfed. I also did it before they released the b-wing.

If skilled, the interceptors are good for ship to ship combat. 

If unskilled or have a lot of lag, use support ship and just drop mines and turrets and fly around them. You can drift too while doing this to get drift kills. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Patrickosan said:

Prioritize fleet battles, dogfights are more active. Matchmaking is atrocious expect to spend more time searching for a match than actually playing at times i regretted starting it but now im almost done thank god.

6 hours ago, Patrickosan said:

Can drift kills be done in private match? It's almost impossible to do them in normal matches. 

You wanna use the support ship and equip turret mines and seeker mines with that it's honestly not hard I got my trophy in about 4 hours. A little time consuming but not hard. You wanna wait to begin drifting until your mines turn yellow on your hud and start blinking. And no it has to be done in public dogfight matches.

Edited by JAK-KRIEG
  • Like 1