Inferno and Village of Shadows are both complete

K--e--r--c--k

Hands down, these 2 difficulties are the worst in all of RE games difficulty settings. I'd rather play GMGOW on new game rather than play these 2 infamous mods. In my experience there were no fun factors, just complete utter insanity. Even speedrunners found it ridiculous and crap compare to both REmake 2 and RE7 hardest difficulty. 

Not gonna lie, its doable but damn the difficulty spike is way way way too much. Carcinogen even mentioned it that Inferno/VoS are shit

Inferno isn't too bad the ending boss battle is really bad much easier to buy the extra content items, Village of shadows also isn't bad simply buy the unlimited assault rifle its really cheap in the extra content.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, gamercris066 said:

Inferno isn't too bad the ending boss battle is really bad much easier to buy the extra content items, Village of shadows also isn't bad simply buy the unlimited assault rifle its really cheap in the extra content.

Agreed here: Inferno was only tough with the final boss battle and VoS was a cakewalk with the grenade launcher or the STAKE. The hardest difficulty I had the most trouble with in the series was Madhouse on RE7.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5.06.2022 at 5:12 AM, BestUsername---- said:

Me personally, factoring in infinite ammo, upgrades, and beating the campaign twice before hand for both games, the

Hide contents

Heisenberg fight

in REVillage was harder than the final

Hide contents

Nemesis fight

in RE3Remake.

This. in VOS I struggled the most with Heisenberg and for some reason Chris's part when you have to blow up mutamycete blocking the village, that horde was a bit too overwhelming. The final boss and rest of the game were actually fine

• 2 weeks later...
On 15.06.2022 at 1:35 PM, Sunnyburrito said:

Well of course with extra items the game will be easier, I believe op was referring to beating the game legit without bonus items, Nemesis on Inferno mode is straight up cheap.

Extra items are there for a reason. No one forces you to ignore them and do a legit run. RESI has almost always included them to make harder difficulties easier for everyone other than speedrunners/masochists. 

1 hour ago, HarasserPL said:

Extra items are there for a reason. No one forces you to ignore them and do a legit run. RESI has almost always included them to make harder difficulties easier for everyone other than speedrunners/masochists. 

True. I think the difference in RE:Village VoS and RE3 Inferno (mostly final boss) is that they are almost unplayable without NG+ items whereas RE7 and RE2 are a fair challenges without NG+ items.

With that said, if we are to compare apples to apples, VoS and Inferno are additional difficulties on top of Hardcore mode. RE2 and RE7 stopped at 3 difficulties while Village added a 4th and RE3 a fourth and a fifth. Thus, if you want to play with NG items, just go for Hardcore mode in Village and RE3 for a more balanced challenge.