Free ps4 cross platform copy not available in American store

1 hour ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

You mean ps4? Mines telling me I have to rebuy it

Yes, it should be cross-buy and Frogwares has said as much, but it seems right now, it is only PS5/PS4 for new purchases, not for those that already own the PS5 version.

I've sent a tweet to Frogwares informing them about it, but I'll try contacting official support about it as well as PS support.

1 hour ago, NewDust said:

Yes, it should be cross-buy and Frogwares has said as much, but it seems right now, it is only PS5/PS4 for new purchases, not for those that already own the PS5 version.

I've sent a tweet to Frogwares informing them about it, but I'll try contacting official support about it as well as PS support.

Any reply yet?

1 minute ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Any reply yet?

At work, haven't contacted them yet, outside the tweet. It'll probably be well beyond the weekend before I get some reply and it will probably take a bit longer to remedy the issue, if they are going to bother at all.

14 hours ago, NewDust said:

At work, haven't contacted them yet, outside the tweet. It'll probably be well beyond the weekend before I get some reply and it will probably take a bit longer to remedy the issue, if they are going to bother at all.

I'm hoping they get it figured out cause I want to replay on the ps4 and kinda wanna let my girlfriend play it in her account on the ps4

5 hours ago, ThumbDriving said:

Lets not forget that the developer, Frogwares, is based in Kyiv, Ukraine. Just saying that they might have a bit more on their plate than most other video game companies. I too would like for my wife to try out the game for the PS4.

I'm not really blaming frogwares for the glitch I'm more blaming the ps store people but I think only frogwares can be like nah fix it lol

On 4/29/2022 at 7:59 AM, NewDust said:

Something weird definitely up with the PlayStation store people I was in a chat with them and thee moment I meeion the issue I "randomly" get disconnected tried multiple times last couple days ee erythings fine thee moment I mention this game and the issue baam disconnected cause

On 4/30/2022 at 5:14 PM, ThumbDriving said:

Lets not forget that the developer, Frogwares, is based in Kyiv, Ukraine. Just saying that they might have a bit more on their plate than most other video game companies. I too would like for my wife to try out the game for the PS4.

Well they do have a Office in Dublin too so i think they can make a game in Dublin.

I personally spoke with someone on the Sherlock Holmes Games Facebook page (which is run by Frogwares), and they're aware of the situation.  Like others in this thread, both the store app and the web browser store will acknowledge that the PS5 version has been purchased but still wants you to purchase the PS4 copy.  However, if I pull up the store from my PS4, the game shows as a free download.

7 minutes ago, themindisacity said:

I personally spoke with someone on the Sherlock Holmes Games Facebook page (which is run by Frogwares), and they're aware of the situation.  Like others in this thread, both the store app and the web browser store will acknowledge that the PS5 version has been purchased but still wants you to purchase the PS4 copy.  However, if I pull up the store from my PS4, the game shows as a free download.

Yep i talk to them aswell and in another post I offered that same solution :)

• 1 year later...

If anyone didn't see the other thread if you have your PS4 try logging onto the store on there to see if it shows up as free.

Yep I can confirm that. In the Webstore + PS5 Store it looked like I had to buy the game again. PS support says I have no rights to the PS4 version. Frogwares didn't answer to any of my messages.

BUT

I logged into a friend's PS4 and ta-dah, 1 click and i downloaded the PS4 version for free!