Are servers for the PS4 version shutting down?

39 minutes ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Ok, thanks for that. Do you know when GZ is shutting down? I plan on playing that at some point as well.

There are too many games, man!

Both versions of GZ and the PS3 version of TPP are all shutting down on the same date, 31st May.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tristan1427 said:

The servers for Ground Zero are shutting down but all the trophies for that are offline anyway 

What exactly does the online in GZ consist of? Just scores or something?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DEI2EK said:

Yeah basically leaderboard rankings for the trial/completion times

Edit - Forgot to mention the save file transfer as well as Stevieboy pointed out below

Edited by TheRedMaverick
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

You can transfer soldiers and prisoners you have extracted, as well as a few items for use in The Phantom Pain, like the Ground Zeroes Sneaking Suit, and the Cyborg Ninja Suit. The sneaking suit is pretty useful for early game.

Here is a overview of what transfers: https://www.ign.com/wikis/metal-gear-solid-5-the-phantom-pain/Ground_Zeroes_Save_Transfers_and_Unlockables

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 3

Will TPP have their serves shutdown anytime soon?

And playing TDE basically forces you to 100% both GZ and TPP?

Thing is I wanna start MGSV, but I have TDE and well, I'm still down to play GZ and then go to TPP, but I don't know if servers will shutdown for tpp, and make things more hard

13 minutes ago, TheSilverClapper said:

Will TPP have their serves shutdown anytime soon?

If they are, then they'll announce it well ahead of time, just like they did with the other version's servers. The fact they didn't announce the shutdown of the PS4 version of TPP suggests they are planning to keep them up for a while yet.

13 minutes ago, TheSilverClapper said:

And playing TDE basically forces you to 100% both GZ and TPP?

Thing is I wanna start MGSV, but I have TDE and well, I'm still down to play GZ and then go to TPP, but I don't know if servers will shutdown for tpp, and make things more hard

The Definitive Edition of GZ doesn't have the upload save option, which suggests the unlocks from GZ transfer to TPP automatically without the need for servers, so you should be fine to play GZ from the DE after the shutdown. You'd only be affected if you were playing the standalone version of GZ.

In short, the servers for TPP on PS4 are not currently scheduled to be shutting down, on either the standalone version or the Definitive Edition version.

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

If they are, then they'll announce it well ahead of time, just like they did with the other version's servers. The fact they didn't announce the shutdown of the PS4 version of TPP suggests they are planning to keep them up for a while yet.

The Definitive Edition of GZ doesn't have the upload save option, which suggests the unlocks from GZ transfer to TPP automatically without the need for servers, so you should be fine to play GZ from the DE after the shutdown. You'd only be affected if you were playing the standalone version of GZ.

In short, the servers for TPP on PS4 are not currently scheduled to be shutting down, on either the standalone version or the Definitive Edition version.

Any idea on why they’d be shutting down MGSV but not Peace Walker?

MGS has been in my backlog forever and I’ve been really meaning to get to it

47 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

Any idea on why they’d be shutting down MGSV but not Peace Walker?

MGS has been in my backlog forever and I’ve been really meaning to get to it

Not sure of the exact reason, but they might be shutting down the PS3 versions (and the PS4 version of GZ) so they just have the PS4 version of TPP left to maintain and it still allows the fanbase the ability to play at least 1 fully working version of TPP on PlayStation. The Definitive Edition version of GZ also allows you to transfer unlocks from it to TPP without the need of a server, so that one will still be fully working too.

As for Peace Walker, well there is only one version of that on PlayStation, so if that's shut down then there won't be a fully working version left.

They're still leaving at least 1 fully working version of each game form the MGS franchise available to play on PlayStation, so that might be their plan.

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 4

On 5/7/2022 at 8:38 PM, Stevieboy said:

I'm safe to play these 2 games for the time being?

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/06/2022 at 4:22 AM, Trophy-QTR said:

Are the servers still on 

Servers are on and should remain open on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

There is no telling how long for, you could always contact Konami and ask. 

Edited by Grundy_91
  • Like 1