Timed out in GTA Online

AnRoDr

Hey guys,

I've been playing GTA Online from time to time, but the last few weeks I can hardly play 2 jobs in a row before I get timed out. Anybody else having this problem or somebody knows of a solution for this? I really like the online portion of the game, but with this problem it has been practically impossible to play  :(

I've had this problem since patch 1.06. I've completely stopped playing GTA as the problem's persisted throughout the past patches. I have no idea what the problem is, but it's most definitely on Rockstar's end. 

Thanks for the reply, but you're not giving me much hope. One would think that a product as succesfull as GTA5 would have a smoother online experience! Let's hope that Rockstar adresses this problem fast ...  

I've had this problem since patch 1.06. I've completely stopped playing GTA as the problem's persisted throughout the past patches. I have no idea what the problem is, but it's most definitely on Rockstar's end. 

This.

Its been piss poor. makes me want to punch a kitten.

It would be nice if they would at least acknowledge that.

• Like 1

It keeps on getting worse, simply joining the online gets me timed out! 

I found several people with the same problem that claim it has something to do with your social club account. Unlinking your account should solve all the problems, but it didn't work for me ... 

The singleplayer was a superb game, but the online really is beneath Rockstar's level. Wonder why it takes so long for them to acknowledge the problem and fix it?

• 3 months later...

Dont know if anybody is still having this issue but I'll tel you what JUST worked for me....

I didnt have to unlink my Rockstar account, but instead I had to "Re-Authenticate" it. 

When you log into your Rockstar account, go to the Linked Accounts section and click Manage in the upper right corner of the section.

When you see your PSN information on there, there should be a button that says Re-Authenticate which will ask you for your PSN email for the account and password , and once you do that you should have no problems with GTA Online.

I mean it's worth a shot because it worked for me.

• 3 months later...

Yep. Having the same problems. I'll do one mission with a few other people, the mission ends, i go up into the gta cloud, and then the screen will go black and in yellow letters it says "ALERT". Session timed out, blah blah. I'll try to rejoin online, but I'll just hover in the gta cloud for 3 minutes just for another ALERT to tell me that the session timed out again. I'll keep doing this for 15-20 minutes until I get too annoyed with it and play a different game or do something else. 

Rockstar needs to fix that, seriously. I've been complimenting just trading in GTA V because I don't really want to blow half an hour of game time struggling to rejoin online all the time.