How long does it take to get the requirements for the one online trophy??

On 25/05/2022 at 6:21 PM, FeelTheCosmos said:

Yes, as long as you can access version 1.0, either from an old (without updates) digital version or a physical copy.

Cheers. I'll just get it out of the way now then. I looked and I'm only short on fuel  but I have tons of unprocessed materials so I'm just gonna leave the game idle while my level 69 development team processes it all. I could speed it up by actively playing the game and farming but I'm not in the mood for it right now and will probably get the platinum later this year or early next year.

9 hours ago, NamoPh said:

Is it documented that you can do the nuke trophies in v1.0 offline? It was a long time ago that I played the game, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't an option because 99% of the time I play the disc version of games unpatched and never go online unless I'm forced to. I was forced to go online for the nuke trophies. The game was built around not being able to have a nuke without the world knowing, it was kind of the point.

This is actually a fair question. I, at least, was basing my belief on information posted by a player in another thread. But I don't have firsthand knowledge and therefore could be wrong.

FAR safer to simply get it done and not chance it, although it's getting a bit late for anyone not already nearly there.

1 minute ago, RNumbers said:

This is actually a fair question. I, at least, was basing my belief on information posted by a player in another thread. But I don't have firsthand knowledge and therefore could be wrong.

FAR safer to simply get it done and not chance it, although it's getting a bit late for anyone not already nearly there.

Not sure what you mean by, "it's getting late"? Servers for ps4 are still active and there's no due date for closing yet.

2 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Not sure what you mean by, "it's getting late"? Servers for ps4 are still active and there's no due date for closing yet.

Might want to check what board you're on then.

• Like 1

I know this must be like flogging a dead horse, but can someone that has actually personally tested it confirm whether or not the nuclear development can be done entirely offline on version 1.00 of the game?

I am getting conflicting information from different people and I just want to be certain before I start playing the game. I’ve learned to not take people’s word as the truth on here so quickly. Thank you!

18 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

I know this must be like flogging a dead horse, but can someone that has actually personally tested it confirm whether or not the nuclear development can be done entirely offline on version 1.00 of the game?

I am getting conflicting information from different people and I just want to be certain before I start playing the game. I’ve learned to not take people’s word as the truth on here so quickly. Thank you!

Assuming I was playing v1.0 all those years ago, since I was playing the disc version unpatched, I recall my experience reflected exactly what the guide says. You can begin developing the nuke offline, but in order to "accept" it at the completion of the timer, you need to be online.

I don't see how it would work otherwise either, the only function of the nuke is to exist on the FOB.

12 minutes ago, NamoPh said:

Assuming I was playing v1.0 all those years ago, since I was playing the disc version unpatched, I recall my experience reflected exactly what the guide says. You can begin developing the nuke offline, but in order to "accept" it at the completion of the timer, you need to be online.

I don't see how it would work otherwise either, the only function of the nuke is to exist on the FOB.

Interesting. I was browsing on TrueAchievements and someone recently commented that some people have managed to develop and disarm the nuke completely offline. Conflicting info is not good. 

I’ve seen several players say you can build and disarm the nuke entirely offline. I cannot verify this personally.

Even so, you’ll still need to get to mission 22 and update to latest patch to do an online FOB infiltration. Then perhaps revert to a previous save and continue un-patched.

My advice to completionists who haven’t started is to move on and focus on the PS4 version. There are less than 36 hours until server shutdown. Getting to mission 22 might take 10-20 hours for a new player. Either way, I wish everybody the best in the final hours!!

Woohoo, 100% a few hours before the shutdown. I know that's not necessary for the majority of the trophies, but it was my goal.

Good game, may even play it again on ps4 later now that I know all the tip & tricks.

41 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

Woohoo, 100% a few hours before the shutdown. I know that's not necessary for the majority of the trophies, but it was my goal.

Good game, may even play it again on ps4 later now that I know all the tip & tricks.

I’m enjoying it as well, despite speeding through the game for the FOB trophy. I was able to get to mission 21 in less than a day as the missions are relatively short, but I wouldn’t recommend anyone start the game at this point. 

I couldn’t develop an “online” nuke in time, so hopefully this version 1.00 method works for me in the long run lol. 

• Like 1