Update 1.06

BseBal

15 minutes ago, BloodySky said:

Apparently they just added an anti-cheat for PC hackers, a "report player" option in-game, fixed a possible infinite load screen and some crashes as well as sometimes an error popping up saying you had an incredibly long ban time.

https://support.saber.games/hc/en-us/articles/6835493605265-June-14-2022-Patch-Notes

Ok thank you. 

17 hours ago, BloodySky said:

Apparently they just added an anti-cheat for PC hackers, a "report player" option in-game, fixed a possible infinite load screen and some crashes as well as sometimes an error popping up saying you had an incredibly long ban time.

https://support.saber.games/hc/en-us/articles/6835493605265-June-14-2022-Patch-Notes

Good, this was really needed.

I don't know how many games, while playing Demon, I lost to PC players that were one shot killing my lower levels and 3 or 4 shot killing my max level boss. Was BS.

7 hours ago, the_game_nerd said:

Good, this was really needed.

I don't know how many games, while playing Demon, I lost to PC players that were one shot killing my lower levels and 3 or 4 shot killing my max level boss. Was BS.

I dunno if that’s cheating… I can one hit basics and two hit elites with melee (Scotty) and ranged (Ed). The boss is a bit suss, but I have solo’d an evil Ash with 6 shots as Ed. 

• Like 1

To be fair, the cheating was getting out of control.  I've played teams where they found all 3 map pieces in under 30secs.  Standard demon mobs that cannot be killed.  Demon players going from lvl 1 to 25 instantly.  Players with infinite stamina and could dodge endlessly.

1-3 shotting bosses I wouldnt call a cheat, there are some op builds that destroy mobs

On 6/17/2022 at 0:37 PM, IosonoOtakuman said:

When I play as the Necromancer, I find MAAAANY survivor players that immediately know where my flute skeleton is, even if is completely hidden and as fare as possible.
Is that a skill of some kind or are they cheating?

I think the distance of how far the skeleton flute can be and still buff the enemies is still 40 yards, so with that info in mind it’s easy to just circle around if you can’t hear it. Sometimes it’s a bit hard to hear if your fear reached max limit. Even if I don’t hear the flute, if I see enemies buffed with their red aura on their head, I know the flute is maybe at exactly 40 yards away in some direction. If you wanna protect your skeleton flute even more, you could try placing them inside a building on a second floor, and put traps before them. It’s easy to bypass that if you got a survivor who is playing Ed with their ability to disarm traps. 

Otherwise yeah, if not too much is going on in the sound department, players can easily distinguish where the flute is. Though too many times I’ve had survivors who apparently didn’t hear it, so enemies would be buffed and take them out within seconds. 

Edited by Ruhkillmeez

There was another new version update 1.07 couple days ago, still no need to worry user 50/trophies are still fine, but it was a great patch they've fixed loads! I love that they removed when possessed units could shoot bleeding out/dead survivors to stay in possession forever till the ammo ran out, that used to p*ss me off and yea didnt seem right! ? ?

Link for the patch notes for the latest june 28th update: https://mp1st.com/news/evil-dead-the-game-update-1-07-frights-out-for-improvements-this-june-28

Edited by esstee11
Typo

On 6/22/2022 at 7:25 PM, Ruhkillmeez said:

I think the distance of how far the skeleton flute can be and still buff the enemies is still 40 yards, so with that info in mind it’s easy to just circle around if you can’t hear it. Sometimes it’s a bit hard to hear if your fear reached max limit. Even if I don’t hear the flute, if I see enemies buffed with their red aura on their head, I know the flute is maybe at exactly 40 yards away in some direction. If you wanna protect your skeleton flute even more, you could try placing them inside a building on a second floor, and put traps before them. It’s easy to bypass that if you got a survivor who is playing Ed with their ability to disarm traps. 

Otherwise yeah, if not too much is going on in the sound department, players can easily distinguish where the flute is. Though too many times I’ve had survivors who apparently didn’t hear it, so enemies would be buffed and take them out within seconds. 

With the range upgrade it's about 60 yards.  I usually put mine around 55-59 depending on where I can find a good spot.   A lot of people never go for it at all.  Some people have trouble finding it, so it stays up for a bit.   Others run in a straight line for it as soon as I put it down.  Just depends on the match.  Personally, when I'm playing survivor, I never seem to be able to find the damn thing.

I always try to put it down during an early fight as soon as I find them, so I will know how they react to it, and who will/will not go find it.

On 6/30/2022 at 4:25 PM, DoctorBaofu said:

With the range upgrade it's about 60 yards.  I usually put mine around 55-59 depending on where I can find a good spot.   A lot of people never go for it at all.  Some people have trouble finding it, so it stays up for a bit.   Others run in a straight line for it as soon as I put it down.  Just depends on the match.  Personally, when I'm playing survivor, I never seem to be able to find the damn thing.

I always try to put it down during an early fight as soon as I find them, so I will know how they react to it, and who will/will not go find it.

No wonder I’ve lately been running farther out for the flute skeleton. I prefer Hunters so usually I try to quickly shoot down the flute unless they’re hidden pretty well. Lately I’ve been struggling in finding the source of the flute based off sound, can’t tell if this is a newly apparent issue, cause before I could track them down no issue. Doesn’t help that when my fear reaches its cap, you got noise in the background that is distracting due to muffling and other sounds ongoing. 

I don’t main Necromancer, I solely main Puppeteer, so the stuff I do know about Necromancer is what I’ve observed and taken mental note of when I get him as a demon to fight against. 

3 hours ago, Ruhkillmeez said:

No wonder I’ve lately been running farther out for the flute skeleton. I prefer Hunters so usually I try to quickly shoot down the flute unless they’re hidden pretty well. Lately I’ve been struggling in finding the source of the flute based off sound, can’t tell if this is a newly apparent issue, cause before I could track them down no issue. Doesn’t help that when my fear reaches its cap, you got noise in the background that is distracting due to muffling and other sounds ongoing. 

I don’t main Necromancer, I solely main Puppeteer, so the stuff I do know about Necromancer is what I’ve observed and taken mental note of when I get him as a demon to fight against. 

That range has been the same since the game's release, as far as I know.  You just might be running into more Necro's that have the upgrade now.  It's the upgrade in the fifth column, third row, called Flute Force.

I have no idea if they changed anything about the way it sounds, because I've always sucked at finding the flute dude for some reason.

Edited by DoctorBaofu

5 minutes ago, DoctorBaofu said:

That range has been the same since the game's release, as far as I know.  You just might be running into more Necro's that have the upgrade now.  It's the upgrade in the fifth column, third row, called Flute Force.

I have no idea if they changed anything about the way it sounds, because I've always sucked at finding the flute dude for some reason.

Even with that knowledge in mind, I still don’t rush to the flute in confidence, here and then I find them spawning the flute in a very specific spot. I hate when inside the caves and they spawn the flute above you, as well as when inside the tunnel and the flute can spawn atop outside. I could find the flute no issue with audio, but now I swear I hear to the direction the audio is coming from, but it then sounds like it’s coming elsewhere. Usually even with the flute buff I can manage on my own, but too many times I had lost a game due to teammates dying to the disgusting buff damage, and even if I manage to spam finishers, eventually demon will possess me and force me out of the wave. Pain.