[Video] Arcade Mode On Hard Made Easy

7 minutes ago, Wheat_YT said:

TMNT: Shredders Revenge contains a mode similar to its 1989 counterpart in the form of it's perfectly named Arcade Mode. On this mode, you fight through the levels from the story in one consecutive run, having only a limited number of lives to achieve it. In this video, I'll show you the easiest way possible to finish the mode on the Gnarly (Hard) difficulty on your path to the platinum trophy.

Also big thanks to @Belmont85- and @dusfire96 for the written version 1f60a.png hopefully the video guide will make this a little easier for anyone struggling

Must be below 85%!

Nice dude! I'll be sure to try this one out once I get the game! Quick question, are there any online trophies in this game? Or can all of them be obtained offline in local multiplayer?

33 minutes ago, Wheat_YT said:

TMNT: Shredders Revenge contains a mode similar to its 1989 counterpart in the form of it's perfectly named Arcade Mode. On this mode, you fight through the levels from the story in one consecutive run, having only a limited number of lives to achieve it. In this video, I'll show you the easiest way possible to finish the mode on the Gnarly (Hard) difficulty on your path to the platinum trophy.

Also big thanks to @Belmont85- and @dusfire96 for the written version 1f60a.png hopefully the video guide will make this a little easier for anyone struggling

Must be below 85%!

I have been trying this method since yesterday and it does feel scummy because i know i can do it with a solid partner, but this does help. Now the hardest thing for me has been to find a gnarly playthrough and the only one i created myself yesterday we all died by level 10. 

Thanks for the video.

1 hour ago, Xugoshi said:

Nice dude! I'll be sure to try this one out once I get the game! Quick question, are there any online trophies in this game? Or can all of them be obtained offline in local multiplayer?

Hey @Xugoshi all trophies can be obtained on your own or from local play ? you will just need some help with 

Sharing is Caring!
Cheer up the same teammate 3 times in a single stage.

• Like 1

Downside to this is that it takes forever to find a game with all the right requirements and if you have my luck the game will decide to bug out once you get to the end of either 15 or 16.

Had to do it from scratch with a couple other players and randoms.  If you have at least one friend who has the trophy or doesn't care about getting it they can be used to continue a run by exiting and re-entering when their lives are down to one or in game over.  Otherwise the people going for the trophy can do the same up to episode 13, the cut off for when the trophy will count.

Also, the trophy WILL pop even if you're in game over, so stick around if you die out and hope the host doesn't kick you.

• Like 1

The “must be below 85%” isn’t entirely accurate. I joined a game that was at 95%, almost done with the Super Shredder fight. Spawned in and helped kill shredder and got the trophy for completing Arcade mode on the hardest difficulty.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, EPICRAGE said:

The “must be below 85%” isn’t entirely accurate. I joined a game that was at 95%, almost done with the Super Shredder fight. Spawned in and helped kill shredder and got the trophy for completing Arcade mode on the hardest difficulty.

Yeah below 85%. that isn't true. Likely the trophy is just buggy, which is all.

My friend said he got the trophy for joining a hard game on the Super Shredder boss and popped fine for him.

BTW I am sure this is well known but if you're in a hard game with your friend and he has 1 life left, stand at the back of the screen so the screen can't scroll any more enemies on, get your friend to leave and then instantly invite him back / have him join friend's game and then they will come back with full lives and won't need to spend a credit. I watched some people in my hard playthrough do this, and I was watching who was joining the game or not and clearly some people in that session were friends on their friends list, reinviting each other back into the game. This actually makes a hard playthrough not so difficult since you can get infinite lives this way, there's only really fighting a boss and everyone losing all their lives at the same time where you can't have time to do easily disconnect and invite people back in.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Yeah below 85%. that isn't true. Likely the trophy is just buggy, which is all.

My friend said he got the trophy for joining a hard game on the Super Shredder boss and popped fine for him.

BTW I am sure this is well known but if you're in a hard game with your friend and he has 1 life left, stand at the back of the screen so the screen can't scroll any more enemies on, get your friend to leave and then instantly invite him back / have him join friend's game and then they will come back with full lives and won't need to spend a credit. I watched some people in my hard playthrough do this, and I was watching who was joining the game or not and clearly some people in that session were friends on their friends list, reinviting each other back into the game. This actually makes a hard playthrough not so difficult since you can get infinite lives this way, there's only really fighting a boss and everyone losing all their lives at the same time where you can't have time to do easily disconnect and invite people back in.

Yes, I joined a match at the exact moment they beat Super Shredder and got the trophy. without even having spawn

1 hour ago, Wheat_YT said:

@EPICRAGE ahhh okay, my bad about the 85%! it's just a nice safety net as I know people are trying at 90% above and it's not popping! 

Yeah, it never popped for me when I joined after chapter 13 so something is finicky about it then.  Tried all of Friday night doing that.  And I'm positive it wad hard mode playthroughs because damage was insane compared to normal.

I am rolling laughing right now. My team mate and I got half way through the game before I (the host) bought it in mission 10. I kept the game going, though. My team mate stayed in and got it done, but left and re-joined a few times. The remaining slots were public so a couple people got it and there was a full roster for most of the remaining stages. All I did was host and press X at the end of a map.

STILL got the trophy to pop. Not sure how I feel about that...

Didn't pop until the ending cutscene started.

Edited by shrap

Guys , It's not a glitch. If You start arcade mode on hard dificulty and then You search with L1 a session, You join to session another player (not hard like You choose) but difficult choose for player who create game session. I join session mamy times with above 60% - trophy doesnt pop, when i look after end of game to hall of fame table there are my points, You can filter your scores on every difficult , when You doesnt see any score on hard difficult that mean You join session  on easy mode, maybe to trophie end of game without continue..  

On 6/20/2022 at 9:39 PM, Rockstar-Suicide said:

Ugh, I joined one at like 30% or so. He dropped at some point and I continued. By chap 15 i finally got a full party. I personally never had to continue, and yet I didn't get the completed on Hard or completed without a credit... Just the normal completion trophy (on Switch btw)

If anyone uses a continue it'll fail the trophy.  That's why it's better to either do it solo or with a private lobby partner.  That way you can take turns dropping out and then back in to refill lives.  

For gnarly mode the trophy is extremely finicky if you try to join a gnarly playthrough mid match.  Especially if it's past 12 or midway through 13.  Also, are you positive it was on hard?  Leaderboards will tell you, not to mention everything does 2 to 4+ ticks damage on your health bar.

I used continues (had a Game Over during the last boss) and still got the trophy. I also rejoined the session (by pressing Options and re-accepting the old invite) on stage 15 because the other players didn't load in and I got softlocked on the first screen.

...Though it might be worth mentioning that I joined the session via invite and played from the very first stage.

Edited by JFwibbles
Additional details

14 hours ago, JFwibbles said:

I used continues (had a Game Over during the last boss) and still got the trophy. I also rejoined the session (by pressing Options and re-accepting the old invite) on stage 15 because the other players didn't load in and I got softlocked on the first screen.

...Though it might be worth mentioning that I joined the session via invite and played from the very first stage.

For the Gnarly trophy you can use continues.  I was referring to the no credits trophy for the first part of my previous post.

The episode 12 - 13 cut off is because it can be finicky and anyone who joins or rejoins after 13 has a chance of the trophy just not popping.  If you're rejoining the group you were with for the rest of the game it's more likely to pop though.  But some has had good luck with it popping after joining at 14 or 15.  I joined several at 14 and 15 on gnarly and it never popped after beating Super Shredder at the end.

Edited by Snake2410

11 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

For the Gnarly trophy you can use continues.  I was referring to the no credits trophy for the first part of my previous post.

The episode 12 - 13 cut off is because it can be finicky and anyone who joins or rejoins after 13 has a chance of the trophy just not popping.  If you're rejoining the group you were with for the rest of the game it's more likely to pop though.  But some has had good luck with it popping after joining at 14 or 15.  I joined several at 14 and 15 on gnarly and it never popped after beating Super Shredder at the end.

For the no credit trophy it doesn't have to Gnarly difficulty. I joined some people who were already fighting Super Shredder on easiest difficulty and got the trophy.

Also got "Got "Who Needs A Dock?" when I joined the level 16 at the exact moment Shredder was defeated. Trophy pops only if host was not damaged during your presence (as in, if you connected and host got damage - no trophy).

For the trophy "Finish arcade on hardest difficulty" - I suspect that when people say it did not pop - most likely they joined Normal difficulty. It popped for me when I joined during level 16.

Basically the "join at 75-85% to get trophies" is a myth, as I got all of them by joining last level.

5 hours ago, ReoJee said:

For the no credit trophy it doesn't have to Gnarly difficulty. I joined some people who were already fighting Super Shredder on easiest difficulty and got the trophy.

Also got "Got "Who Needs A Dock?" when I joined the level 16 at the exact moment Shredder was defeated. Trophy pops only if host was not damaged during your presence (as in, if you connected and host got damage - no trophy).

For the trophy "Finish arcade on hardest difficulty" - I suspect that when people say it did not pop - most likely they joined Normal difficulty. It popped for me when I joined during level 16.

Basically the "join at 75-85% to get trophies" is a myth, as I got all of them by joining last level.

I know that.  I didn't say you have to be on gnarly for the no credits trophy.  You can do that on Chill if you want to.  Those are two are seperate things. 

I can directly confirm that joining Gnarly in a late game doesn't always pop the trophy.  I joined several at 14/15, confirmed by it adding my points from those sessions to the leaderboard tab under the gnarly difficulty (not to mention the double damage from every enemy), but the trophy never popped when we finished 16.  So it definitely is finicky.  Maybe they fixed something with a hot fix but I'm not the only one who's had that happen.  The guy I did the trophy with had the same thing happen. 

It's bugged for some of us, and the people I've talked to that had it happen but eventually got it to work only got it to work when they jumped in at around 12 or early 13, never any later.  That's why that whole thing was mentioned as a solution.

• Like 1