5 console boost - what could possibly go wrong?!

tonkie18

Hi, I’m wondering if anyone can point out the flaw in the plan before I go to the hassle of setting this up! 

Currently I have 3 PS5’s and 2 PS4’s to hand and I am considering boosting the remaining trophies on DBD. 

I have near enough completed the PS5 version and one day the PS4 version randomly downloaded to my console. I opened it by mistake and trophies popped! So I’m now stuck with it again ?

Would me boosting this on my own (albeit very annoying) work? I know when I have tried to boost in the past I’ve been met with the ‘console sharing is only allowed on one PS5’ system etc - is there a workaround for this? 

Will PSplus throw any problems at me? My profile is added to every console and the other person (or an alt) uses my PSplus account. 

The main problem I foresee is the PS5 console sharing thing and the only way I see around that is buying the game for another profile? OR I do have a third PS4 console at my Mum’s house, but I like leaving that there for visiting ? so if I could get the 3 PS5’s going instead that would be better. 

Has anyone done something similar? Anyone with any advice or can identify problems with the master plan please reply before I go to the hassle of downloading it on my jet of a PS4 ?

• Like 1

You can get 3 consoles in the mix using one account that has purchased DBD (PS4 & PS5). Anything beyond that would probably need the content purchased on another PSN ID.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

do you know if I can use 3 PS5’s? Or does it have to be 2 PS5’s and a PS4?

You can't share the same content activation across 3 PS5s. One console needs the activation so you can play with any other account (alternate boosting account); then you play as your primary account on another console. You can however share PS4 content on up to 3 consoles (2 PS4s + 1 PS5, or 2 PS5s + 1 PS4).

I wasn't aware logins were available across multiple consoles.

I have 2 Vitas and logging into one auto logs out the other.

You'll probably be ok with PSPlus on 1 PS4 and 1 PS5 console each, since you can log into every console once on the same account.

I'd hazard a guess you'll need at least 3 different accounts and 3 PSPlus subscriptions. I don't have DBD but you should be able to share the content over all your consoles (should)

Considering the grind and hassle involved, are trophies really that important? :)

I can’t log in to multiple consoles with the same ID, I would use alt accounts/family accounts. 

I had been working towards my backlog and wasn’t very impressed adding another 200 trophies to it because my PS5 randomly downloaded the PS4 version for me ??‍♀️ 

Just want rid of this game now. 

5 hours ago, Ultraxian said:

They probably know a scalper who kept some for themselves or was just have deep pockets 

Pretty presumptuous. 

My partner and I game together (we met on GTA!) I got one for his birthday. I got jealous. I got one for myself. Daughter got jealous and at the time she was in hospital - she has a rare stomach condition and was very poorly. So I treated her to one as she’s been through more than any 13 year old I know. Not that I need to justify myself to bitter people. 

And they were damn hard to get. A lot of sleepless nights. A lot of work and research on my behalf. I’ve also managed to get them for friends and family who were struggling. If you want one that badly they’re around. 

And no, being a carer to two disabled children (eosinophilic gastroenteritis and cerebral palsy) I am not rich. My pockets are not deep. My partner works hard to provide for us. With their conditions and constant therapies we have to go without family holidays, trips out and we are stuck at home a lot. My partner and I didnt have a date in 5 years because our children needed us. So yes it was a nice luxury for us to escape from our caring/parental duties. And it takes my daughters mind off hospital trips, operations and not being able to keep her food down ??

Most judgemental site I’ve ever been on.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

If you want one that badly they’re around. 

It's true, they're available and not at scalper prices. I was able to secure four PS5s in November 2020 at MSRP (3 of them went to friends).

31 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

Pretty presumptuous. 

Not that I need to justify myself to bitter people. 

Most judgemental site I’ve ever been on.

Always find it funny when someone says they don't need to justify themselves, then proceed to justify themselves. This is the internet, people will always assume the easiest solution to the question. As far as being the most judgemental site ever, that's a big stretch. The internet has gone soft lately, if you were part of any online forum (such as WoW forums) during 2010-2014 you would have experienced what a ruthless wasteland forums used to be.

For the record though: As someone who grew up with a ton of health issues myself I sympathize with your shared story (in my own way). It wasn't easy on me and sure as hell wasn't easy on my parents.

But seriously if people assume, let them assume, that's hardly anywhere close to the worst thing that can happen online.

Edited by Skurkitty
  • Like 2

Seeing as this is the most judgemental site I have ever been on, then yes the statement is true. I wasn’t on the other forums you have been on. And since I have joined all I have been met with is judgement or ridiculed for my gaming choices. So that statement is true for me. I’d rather you not come onto the post to try and belittle or patronise me thanks. 

And no, between the years of 2010-2014 I was a single parent to a sick child who was never out of hospital. So apologies that I missed a few years of forumming I had more important matters to attend to. If it wasn’t for the odd nice person on here  who have been nice to me then I wouldn’t still be using it.

I ‘proceeded to justify’ myself to show that guy he’s an absolute div and people’s first assumption isn’t always the right one. I’m allowed to get annoyed by someone assuming wrong. I’m not some rich toff with more money than sense, nor am I a scalper nor do I associate with them. And if that’s what he initially thought then others will have to. So I’d rather let people know the truth if that’s alright with you. 

I worked bloody hard to get them because I wanted to give my family a little bit of happiness through a sh*tty time and the assumptions can be insulting! So please stop telling me how to navigate the internet and how I’m allowed to react. I’m probably old enough to be your Mum.

Funny thing is - if people didn’t hate on me so bloody much for having them maybe I’d help them get one ! 

• Like 4