Ps extra and premium - add to library

Megaman80

17 minutes ago, Megaman80 said:

Would it be a good move to add all the games from ps extra and premium as they might switch out the games so that some which is free now, might not be free next year.

what are you guys thinking?

Once a game is removed from the catalog you will no longer be able to play it, whether you have claimed it or not. It isn't the same as the regular monthly Plus games where you claim them and they are yours to play as long as you have a subscription to Plus. 

• Like 1

Official source from PS website:

Are PlayStation Plus games mine to keep?

Yes, for as long as you remain an active subscriber. Some games in the Game Catalogue and Classics Catalogue will have end dates when they leave the service, which will be publicised ahead of time. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DatZoolander said:

I had no idea that the games dropped off.  Do they give you some kind of warning as to which games will be removed and the time frame?

It's hit or miss right now.  Some games list their expiration date in the details part of PSN store.  Some are listed in the menu of Games > Games Catalog > last chance to play.

The following thread is doing a good job of keeping track of things too:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, mataningo said:

Where does it says so?

I don't know where it's specifically spelled out in any ToS, but it definitely happens this way.

For anyone who's curious, here's a game I claimed through the traditional PS Plus (now called Essential), which is valid until my subscription expires:

Dv1OCB6l.jpg

And here's a game I claimed through the new PS Plus Extra tier. It shows the license expires in 13 days, but when this time frame passes it will push back the expiration date another 13 days. I think it will always show the expiration date as 13 days away when your console connects to the internet. PS Now worked the same way. This is how they cut you off if you downgrade tiers from Extra or Premium to Esential, or for when third party games get removed from the higher tiers:

PGrw2hWl.jpg

Edited by ZitMeatloaf
Clarification info
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, jsisoo said:

This would be a great business model!

Buy 1 month PS Plus Premium and add all ~700 games to account. 

Well its not very smart to just think like that. The way i hoped it was is as long as you have ps extra you could play the games added to library. The same way ps+ was. But offcourse you need to have ps extra activated

8 hours ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

I don't know where it's specifically spelled out in any ToS, but it definitely happens this way.

For anyone who's curious, here's a game I claimed through the traditional PS Plus (now called Essential), which is valid until my subscription expires:

Dv1OCB6l.jpg

And here's a game I claimed through the new PS Plus Extra tier. It shows the license expires in 13 days, but when this time frame passes it will push back the expiration date another 13 days. I think it will always show the expiration date as 13 days away when your console connects to the internet. PS Now worked the same way. This is how they cut you off if you downgrade tiers from Extra or Premium to Esential, or for when third party games get removed from the higher tiers:

PGrw2hWl.jpg

Thanks, I completely forgot about this feature, but strangely the PS5 doesn't seems to show the expiration date on PS Plus games in the Information tab.