FYI The JP version has no trophies.

Hi all,

I picked up the JP version of this game because it was a lot cheaper than the NTSC version. I played for about 30 min, and I'm not getting any kind of trophy list on my XMB. Does the JP version have trophies? Before anyone asks, Yes, I'm asking about the 2nd game. I'm aware the 1st doesn't have trophies :) I did note the JP version was released 2 weeks before trophy support was mandatory. 

Well, before posting I found some old message board posts from 13 years ago mentioning that it does NOT have trophy support. I'm going to go ahead and post this anyway, so the information is easier to find here. I never saw it on any trophyless game lists. 

• Like 2

Yeah I still don't have the game to this day for that reason, because I bought the Japanese version, returned it to the shop immediately within an hour of buying it, and never got around to importing it from the UK to Japan and it's never been on the store for sale.

• Like 1

There was a time when I was like OMG I need to get this game and get the online trophies out of the way before the servers get shut down!

But I'm just kinda meh, who cares, these days.

I wish some of these games would be rereleased on PS4/PS5

27 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Oh yeah. Whilst we are on the subject this game too

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/183-afrika

The Japanese version of Afrika has no trophies either. Not sure if that is reflected in the trophy list. (Doesn't look like it)

@BlindMango

Anything else like that? I know there was some PS3 game, where the NA or EU version lacked trophies?

Just now, ArmoredSnowman said:

Anything else like that? I know there was some PS3 game, where the NA or EU version lacked trophies?

I know the JP version of Record of Agarest War doesn't have trophy support, but the NA version does (Looks like it's correct on here though). Then there is the legendary 50 Cent Blood in the Sand, where only the JP version has trophy support, no others do. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Floorkiller74 said:

I know the JP version of Record of Agarest War doesn't have trophy support, but the NA version does (Looks like it's correct on here though). Then there is the legendary 50 Cent Blood in the Sand, where only the JP version has trophy support, no others do. 

There were a couple of months where various old (2008 games) were released in the west but were made before trophy support became mandatory, very few games had them added via later a patch. It's a shame somebody hasn't made a list.

I think the most famous was Metal Gear Solid 4 since that game was practically a release game title (or at the very least many people including myself bought MGS4 because the game was getting released)

I only know of Afrika because a friend bought it while visiting Japan and was quite gutted when he got home and tried to play it because there were no trophies (Despite the western version having them)

• Like 1

There is a thread on PST that has a list of which games don't have trophy support in certain regions. This is the list of games with the regions they lack trophy support in:

50 Cent: Blood On The Sand (EU, US) - JP version list

Battle Fantasia (EU, JP) - NA version list

Cross Edge (JP) - EU version list - NA version list

Fallout 3 (Polish, Russian) - All other regions list

Gundam Musou 2 (JP) - EU & NA trophy list (as Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2)

Hakuna Matata (JP/HK) - NA version list (as Afrika)

Record Of Agarest War (EU [known as Agarest: Generations Of War], JP) - NA version list

Way Of The Samurai 3 (JP) - EU version list - NA version list

Edited by Stevieboy
added links to the other region lists
  • Like 4

• 4 months later...