Aces High & Full Deck Questions

6 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

30 days would be no where near enough time for what I said to apply. 

Even EA admitted it's a failure.
It's not even present in Steam stats (BF1 and BF5 are).
It's a perfect example of a game where multiplayer aspect has failed.

So should EA wait for some "penny pinchers" to buy it or shut it down for good and move on with next BF game? I'm confused.

11 minutes ago, KingSkovald said:

Even EA admitted it's a failure.
It's not even present in Steam stats (BF1 and BF5 are).
It's a perfect example of a game where multiplayer aspect has failed.

So should EA wait for some "penny pinchers" to buy it or shut it down for good and move on with next BF game? I'm confused.

Sure if they are using their own metrics for defining failure, then they should decide what they want to do with their servers in that scenario.

My post was a general implementation:

Every developer should put a clause in the multiplayer terms and conditions that if server usage drops below a certain threshold over a period of time, it triggers a 30 day shutdown process. 

Assuming the servers are running properly (big assumption these days):
If a game has 90 consecutive days where there are at least 6 hour periods in those days without enough players to start a single multiplayer session (meaning there are 0 to a few players sitting in a lobby but not enough to start a session) then on the 91st day, a 30 shutdown process should be implemented that announces the shutdown with a shutdown following 30 days later.

Edited by DaivRules

5 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Sure if they are using their own metrics for defining failure, then they should decide what they want to do with their servers in that scenario.

No way, for such companies failure is everything that isn't bringing millions of dollars per month. Game sold for 60$ (or 110$ in case of BF 2042 Ultimate Edition) should be running at least 5 years IMO.

9 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

If a game has 90 consecutive days where there are at least 6 hour periods in those days without enough players to start a single multiplayer session (meaning there are 0 to a few players sitting in a lobby but not enough to start a session) then on the 91st day, a 30 shutdown process should be implemented that announces the shutdown with a shutdown following 30 days later.

Now it's getting better, I can agree with that. Majority of Sony games closed in last 5 years would stay online while games with completely dead multiplayer would be closed. But I would add a rule that servers should stay online at least 5 years (unless company goes bankrupt) and that X days notice is a must where X is a month at least.

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

My post was a general implementation:

Umbrella Corps devs are laughing so hard while reading this

I don´t think it will works but.... May be, if we send several e-mails to Guerrilla, they could change the requirements for some trophies....

May be, if we ask them to maintain the leaderboard or to allow achieve trophies just using the botzone..... the y could add this option.

The mail is: [email protected]

Someone who could write an standar email so everybody could use it and send it to them... that would be great.

Have the servers gone now?  I'd be interested in seeing if any cards drop in the future or if it's lights out.

I thought I had all the mp trophies when they pretended to close the servers last year. 

I followed the guide showing all the mp trophies in the section but the aces trophy wasn't in the multiplayer section annoyingly so I didn't end up getting it. 

I've been away since they said the servers were shutting so I think I'm screwed. I've got all the other mp trophies on killzone so will be really sad lol. 

I'd be happy to hound guerilla too but don't think anything will come of it :(

• Like 1

Just asking Guerilla to change trophy requirements for a dead game, just why would or should they bother? Also it would be a slap in the face and unfair to those who put real effort into getting all those trophies in time while servers were active for years and during the final days when the shutdown deadline was looming over everyone. Having trophy exclusivity now for some games feels ass of course if you’re on the loosing side. But everyone would admit that it also feels like a great accomplishment when you made it in time that no one can take away from you anymore. That satisfaction would be nullified if they would just change the online trophies to offline. Everything should stay as it is.

And I’ve got plenty of unobtainables on my account. It sucks but you just have to learn to live with it and move on.

Edited by Prototype1690
  • Like 1

I have sent this email to Guerrilla. Please, if somene could edit the email without mistakes (Sorry, I am not english spoken), that would be great:

Dear Guerrilla,

I have noticed that you closed the servers for KZ Mercenary Multiplayer. Me and other players from PSNProfiles or Reddit are wondering if you could be so Kind, to maintain the leaderboard in order to keep achieving the "Ace High" trophy.

The requirement for the trophy is not so clear and without the daily update in the leaderboard it's impossible to obtain. We are not asking for maintain the Multiplayer... just make possible to achieve this trophy.

May be a solution is to keep updating the leaderboard for a week. That's make possible everybody could achieve the trophy. We had been investing lot of hours working on this trophy and now it's unobtaible.

Thanks for your concern.

The more mails we sendt it, more chances to obtain a response.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DE_LOS_BOSQUES said:

I have sent this email to Guerrilla. Please, if somene could edit the email without mistakes (Sorry, I am not english spoken), that would be great:

Dear Guerrilla,

I have noticed that you closed the servers for KZ Mercenary Multiplayer. Me and other players from PSNProfiles or Reddit are wondering if you could be so Kind, to maintain the leaderboard in order to keep achieving the "Ace High" trophy.

The requirement for the trophy is not so clear and without the daily update in the leaderboard it's impossible to obtain. We are not asking for maintain the Multiplayer... just make possible to achieve this trophy.

May be a solution is to keep updating the leaderboard for a week. That's make possible everybody could achieve the trophy. We had been investing lot of hours working on this trophy and now it's unobtaible.

Thanks for your concern.

The more mails we sendt it, more chances to obtain a response.

I dont think it will change anything, but  I sent the email, 

5 hours ago, Prototype1690 said:

So with the servers gone, game should only display Joker cards from now on until forever, right?

Actually, it showed an Ace to me when the servers were shutdown.

Edited by ConAir
Dynamic Duo post

26 minutes ago, ConAir said:

Actually, it showed an Ace to me when the servers were shutdown.

But, yesterday... did you have an ace on top of your screen? I mean... if you had been seeing an ace during the whole day.... it's normal they guve you now the ace (despite of the closure). 

But if you have been seeing a "K" for example, and after the closure, it changes to an Ace... that's strange, and impossible I think

23 minutes ago, DE_LOS_BOSQUES said:

But, yesterday... did you have an ace on top of your screen? I mean... if you had been seeing an ace during the whole day.... it's normal they guve you now the ace (despite of the closure). 

But if you have been seeing a "K" for example, and after the closure, it changes to an Ace... that's strange, and impossible I think

I updated before the daily reset from Ace to Queen. And after last reset to a Jack. So no idea why the Ace is back. Maybe it looks at my highest earned ingame card.

On 8/12/2022 at 11:25 AM, Spork_the_BOAT said:

I thought I had all the mp trophies when they pretended to close the servers last year. 

I followed the guide showing all the mp trophies in the section but the aces trophy wasn't in the multiplayer section annoyingly so I didn't end up getting it. 

I've been away since they said the servers were shutting so I think I'm screwed. I've got all the other mp trophies on killzone so will be really sad lol. 

Had the same issue, not a lot of quality control on the guide writing but oh well. I'm sure plenty of people will still say it's entirely on the players to decipher what the have to do, and ultimately it is.

57 minutes ago, Moostache7 said:

Had the same issue, not a lot of quality control on the guide writing but oh well. I'm sure plenty of people will still say it's entirely on the players to decipher what the have to do, and ultimately it is.

Yeah you're totally right mate. I should have read more but just glanced at it really. 

My entire list is full of these types of trophies so no mega issue. Just more annoyed I can't plat all the killzones due to this.

Just got home so might charge the old vita up and see what happens lol 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spork_the_BOAT said:

My entire list is full of these types of trophies so no mega issue. Just more annoyed I can't plat all the killzones due to this.

I was doing okay for a few years now with keeping up with shutdowns, and when the deadlines were more reasonable I was able to force my way through a few close calls. I was actually banking on getting Mercenary and not having the time to finish Shadow Fall and the opposite happened because I didn't read the guide closely, either. I much prefer Mercenary, so it's a pisser.

Nowadays it's impossible to trophy hunt and also enjoy the games I'm playing because I can't juggle all of them all at once and also manage the status of their online services. And whenever someone posts or replies on here or social media for the company to hold the door open or reconsider how they're managing a product that people paid money for - or better yet, WOULD have paid money if it's something they didn't buy and/or couldn't even have for various reasons - everyone else licks boots the developers or publishers and dogpiles that person. Gaming is a mess lmao

Fingers crossed our first party games stop getting done dirty (LBP, Killzone, etc.)

On 14.8.2022 at 4:05 PM, Moostache7 said:

[..]not a lot of quality control on the guide writing[..]

Aces High was marked as 

Online Required

in the trophy guide.

Maybe write your own guide and do it better for a game you like and/or you think the guide had no quality control. ?

Edited by Geridian

On 8/15/2022 at 2:01 PM, Geridian said:

Aces High was marked as 

Online Required

in the trophy guide.

Maybe write your own guide and do it better for a game you like and/or you think the guide had no quality control. 1f609.png

If you read what I replied to, and looked at the guide, you would see that the Multiplayer trophies are in an entirely separate category, with Aces High grouped with a large number of entirely unrelated trophies all of which can be obtained offline.

I stand by my statement since a lot of people missed this one in particular despite taking the time to grind out the Multiplayer section months ago, they simply didn't read closely enough which I've already admitted to myself. Literally anyone can write a guide on here, they don't have to have any particular writing skills, editing ability, familiarity with the game or familiarity with games and gaming in general. It wasn't a personal diss towards the author, it just wasn't immediately communicated by looking at the Road Map section that Aces High should've been a top priority during casual play. If you'd like to make a guide that is cryptic, disguises important information, or just isn't super clear, maybe "write your own guide" "1f609.png"

I've seen plenty of poorly written guides on here or games that have no guide at all that should, and so I look on other sites when that happens. I've owned that the assumption I made was poor, and now the guide can own the fact that it wasn't immediately clear about something. Fair is fair.

3 hours ago, Moostache7 said:

If you read what I replied to, and looked at the guide, you would see that the Multiplayer trophies are in an entirely separate category, with Aces High grouped with a large number of entirely unrelated trophies all of which can be obtained offline.

I stand by my statement since a lot of people missed this one in particular despite taking the time to grind out the Multiplayer section months ago, they simply didn't read closely enough which I've already admitted to myself

1) Again, Aces High is marked in 5 categories:

ONLINE REQUIRED

TIME LIMITED

GRIND

BUGGY

UNATTAINABLE

.. With Online Required being the first tag and Unattainable being a new one because of the server shutdown.

2) Also when you read the trophy guide's text for Aces High, it makes it clear that it is an online trophy:

[..] Others have said it has to do with leaderboard placement, or the amount of money you actually have. The most reliable method for earning this trophy is to complete contracts multiple times per day and save up money while connected to the internet.[..]

Now tell me how a leaderboard and the words "while being connected to the internet." would make any sense, if the trophy would not require an online connection?

--> Conclusion: It is entirely your own fault for not paying attention. So stop blaming others and start accepting your own fault. Or is it your way of life to pretend, that when something bad happens to you, that it is never your own fault? I know many people do this nowadays, which is sad.

Literally anyone can write a guide on here, they don't have to have any particular writing skills, editing ability, familiarity with the game or familiarity with games and gaming in general.

It is a good thing, that anybody can write a guide and needs no expert authoring skills. If such skills where needed, nobody would write a guide.

It wasn't a personal diss towards the author, it just wasn't immediately communicated by looking at the Road Map section that Aces High should've been a top priority during casual play.

1) You complain much, but do not give a example that you can do it any better. So: Either do it better or stop complaining.

2) You can be sure about the fact that Aces High was not a top priority when the guide was originally authored. And it is understandable that the layout of the guide was not changed, no guide here gets a overhaul when servers shutdown.. But, wait: So all guides here have a bad standard, when compared to your own standards of "guides you never wrote". So you can continue blaming ?.

If you'd like to make a guide that is cryptic, disguises important information, or just isn't super clear, maybe "write your own guide" "1f609.png"

Good try to distract from yourself. But I personally have no need for it, because I can cope with "cryptic texts" and anyway gather my information out of habit from guides and forum posts from many sites. Makes me personally much fun. You just have to be active for yourself and can not blame anyone else if the information is not sufficient that you find. Because you just where not searching hard enough.

I've seen plenty of poorly written guides on here or games that have no guide at all that should, and so I look on other sites when that happens. I've owned that the assumption I made was poor, and now the guide can own the fact that it wasn't immediately clear about something. Fair is fair.

1) See my 1. comment

2) Maybe bring up your complain about the "poor written guides" to the moderators: 

You can even report the guides you think have a bad quality. Have fun ?