Bomberman for dummies

tonkie18

Hi!

unfortunately this game is on my backlog - I started it well before I cared about trophies. I can see it’s a horrible grind and I intend to chip off a bit slowly - if I never reach platinum that’s ok, just want to get most of the trophies out of the way.

I’ve read the guides and the forum posts and watched some videos but I’m still struggling to understand some things.

Please can you explain to me like I’m a small child what’s the best method to attack this? I’ve read things like ‘turbo controller’ what is one of those when it’s at home? And is there a way to boost the 1000 MP matches? I have some consoles I could do it between. 

Any simple help would be great.

Thanks ??

You can self boost 1000 mp matches with 1 console and two controllers.

Just have your dummy account suicide as soon as match starts

Edit

A turbo controller is a modified controller capable of repeated rapid button inputs - like pressing X very fast until your fingers are sore, except the controller does it for you

Edited by AJ_-_808
  • Like 1

@AJ_-_808 well that sounds very awesome! I had a quick look and struggled to find one for PS5 - can I buy the PS4 ones and they work with PS5? Or should I do it on a PS4. Sorry I’m so clueless. 

If I am dropping bombs very quickly and I’m not at the console - won’t I blow myself up? 

Any tricks for the million blocks? Or does that have to be done by me ?

thanks for your help ☺️

I haven't used a turbo controller in forever, so I'm not sure how useful it would be for this game.

And no, I don't think a ps4 turbo would work on a ps5 (I could be wrong though)

I think you'll have to just (wo)man up and blow up them blocks the old fashioned way. I haven't started that yet, so no actual advise - I've only done enough to clear the online trophies incase the server goes down in December with bomberman r online

14 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

@AJ_-_808 well that sounds very awesome! I had a quick look and struggled to find one for PS5 - can I buy the PS4 ones and they work with PS5? Or should I do it on a PS4. Sorry I’m so clueless. 

If I am dropping bombs very quickly and I’m not at the console - won’t I blow myself up? 

Any tricks for the million blocks? Or does that have to be done by me 1f62d.png

thanks for your help 263a.png

On the million blocks there are 2 methods. You could do legit and it’s like 400hours or something as per the guide. Or you can use a turbo controller and have it set to auto place a bomb down which will blow you up but also blow up 2 blocks every time. The legit method is faster than the turbo controller method but with the turbo controller it’s afk so you can do that overnight or when you’re not really feeling in the mood for bomberman and want to play something else and do the the legit method as you play and it should go much quicker. So really it depends on if you wanna spend the money and get the turbo controller on which method works best for you. 

On 7/30/2022 at 3:30 AM, tonkie18 said:

In the guide there's a specific turbo method just for bombs. Make sure to use that too

Edited by Enzo_0684

On 30/07/2022 at 9:30 AM, tonkie18 said:

Hey,

At the beginning I played it legit but finally gave up bought two turbo pads for my controllers. I do not regret it as it was such a grind and I wanted absolutely to finish that game. I am a Bomberman fan but the grind was too huge for any normal human.

The best option is :

- Multiplayer battle

- 5 Sets - Revenge cart OFF - Pressure blocks OFF - Skulls OFF - Special abilities ON

- Choose the Critical Path map (you have to buy it in the store with the in-game money) as the blocks are always located at the same place on this map (you can also choose this map if you want to play it legit because it gives you the spike bomb by destroying bomb)

- Choose the Plasma Bomber (you get it by beating him on the story if I remember well), his special ability is a bomb that explodes quicker.

- Choose two players (your turbo controller and an AI)

- Set up your turbo controller on X button (X is the special ability button) and block it with a rubber and start the game.

As soon as you start the game your bomber will commit suicide and it should count two blocks destroyed and one bomb layed.

After the 5 sets the games will repeat forever by itself as the X button is still pressed. The 1 million blocks will pop way before the bombs because you will destroy two blocks for one bomb.

You can count 1 minutes for the 5 sets which makes 5 bombs and 10 blocks per minute > 300 bombs and 600 blocks per hour. At the maximum you will need 3333 hours for the bombs and 1666 hours. If you have two or three turbo controllers you can use them all, you would finish quicker because every bomb and blocks layed and destroyed by a player count.

It seems huge and it is actually huge but doing this AFK is way better than spending 200 hours running around the map.

Hope it helps, good luck.

1 hour ago, FebuKev said:

Hey,

At the beginning I played it legit but finally gave up bought two turbo pads for my controllers. I do not regret it as it was such a grind and I wanted absolutely to finish that game. I am a Bomberman fan but the grind was too huge for any normal human.

The best option is :

- Multiplayer battle

- 5 Sets - Revenge cart OFF - Pressure blocks OFF - Skulls OFF - Special abilities ON

- Choose the Critical Path map (you have to buy it in the store with the in-game money) as the blocks are always located at the same place on this map (you can also choose this map if you want to play it legit because it gives you the spike bomb by destroying bomb)

- Choose the Plasma Bomber (you get it by beating him on the story if I remember well), his special ability is a bomb that explodes quicker.

- Choose two players (your turbo controller and an AI)

- Set up your turbo controller on X button (X is the special ability button) and block it with a rubber and start the game.

As soon as you start the game your bomber will commit suicide and it should count two blocks destroyed and one bomb layed.

After the 5 sets the games will repeat forever by itself as the X button is still pressed. The 1 million blocks will pop way before the bombs because you will destroy two blocks for one bomb.

You can count 1 minutes for the 5 sets which makes 5 bombs and 10 blocks per minute > 300 bombs and 600 blocks per hour. At the maximum you will need 3333 hours for the bombs and 1666 hours. If you have two or three turbo controllers you can use them all, you would finish quicker because every bomb and blocks layed and destroyed by a player count.

It seems huge and it is actually huge but doing this AFK is way better than spending 200 hours running around the map.

Hope it helps, good luck.

oh wow thanks for all that info. It’s very helpful. When you say you bought turbo pads for your controllers is that something for your existing controllers or do you mean you bought turbo controllers? 

I was looking into them but they’re all pretty expensive! 

I really don’t fancy 200 hours running around - I’ve read it’s more than that?

Im so clueless, I keep looking and don’t know what I’m buying. Would I have to play it on PS4 instead of PS5? 

and when you say I need 3333 hours is that just using one turbo? What is the 1666 hours for?

Edited by tonkie18

This is something for your existing controller. It is a kind of pad you can clip at the back of your controller.

I bought mine for 18 euros each on Amazon.

I think boosting not being AFK, starting a game, destroying all the blocks as fast as possible and repeating again and again should take around 200 hours.

I did it on my PS4 with PS4 controllers but I assume you can use them with your PS4 controllers on your PS5. I do not think such pads exist for PS5 controllers, or at least not that cheap when you see that the colored plastic covers for the PS5 cost 55 euros...

Using one turbo takes a maximum of 3333 hours to lay 1M bombs. 1666 hours is what it takes you to destroy 1M blocks with one turbo.

With one turbo, you destroy 2 blocks and 1 bomb per set. When you use the Plasma Bomber, one game of 5 sets lasts 1 minutes which makes 10 blocks and 5 bombs per minute > 600 blocks and 300 bombs per hour.

1M/600= 1666 hours for blocks

1M/300= 3333 hours for bombs

If you use the Critical Path with the turbo, for each bomb exploded, it is two blocks destroyed. So when your 1M blocks trophy will pop, you know you are halfway from 1M bombs. Of course it depends on the number of bombs you destroyed by playing legit before starting boosting AFK.

Basically, 3333 hours is the maximum for everyting with one turbo.

I hope it is clearer now

Strike pack ps4, Ps4 back button attachment for ps4 controller, ps4 strike pack Back Button Attachment/Turbo Function FPS/Customization Mapping Buttons/Audio Jack, Controller Paddles For PS4 https://amzn.eu/d/1enRQEE

Do you mean like this? This would be a much cheaper option and I could buy 2. I can download the game onto my PS4 and use that instead?

5 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

Strike pack ps4, Ps4 back button attachment for ps4 controller, ps4 strike pack Back Button Attachment/Turbo Function FPS/Customization Mapping Buttons/Audio Jack, Controller Paddles For PS4 https://amzn.eu/d/1enRQEE

Do you mean like this? This would be a much cheaper option and I could buy 2. I can download the game onto my PS4 and use that instead?

Yes, I have exactly the same, works perfectly.

Downloading it on your PS4 is a great option, it lets your PS5 free so you can boost Bomberman AFK with your PS4 and play any PS5 game in the meantime.

@FebuKev    Awesome I bought one that’s being delivered today. If I can make it work I’ll buy another one. 

Can I play the PS5 at the same time? If I start a game on my PS4 it logs me out of my PS5. Is there a fancy way I don’t know about? Cause that would be awesome! 

Edited by tonkie18

@AJ_-_808 omg!!!!! How did I not know this ? thanks for letting me know that will make my life so much easier! Bit of a dumb question but how do I take one offline ? do I sign out of PSN? Or stop internet connection?

@FebuKev can bomberman be boosted offline? Or will I need it online to have two controllers? Or can I multiplayer with your method? I still need to unlock all the things you said as I’ve not finished the story. Better get to that today!

Sign out of PSN

Edit - alternatively, you could also disconnect through the settings menu

Bomberman stats are client side, so you can run it offline if you're using one of the stage select methods.

You might need to be online if you're running it multiplayer via 2 controllers, I'm not sure

Edited by AJ_-_808
  • Like 1

@FebuKev I’ve set the buttons to X and O but I can’t get the turbo to work? Am I doing something wrong ? want to make sure it works before purchasing another. I’m trying on the home screen at minute while Bomberman downloading. Does it only work in game?

@AJ_-_808 this has just made my life so much better. Usually I play my vita on the loading screens of other games but now I can play my PS4! Thankyou ☺️

Ok I’m really confused I read your previous posts about tying a rubber band around it. But if I keep the button continually pressed it doesn’t do anything? So confused. If you can explain before I send it back ? maybe I’m doing it wrong. I haven’t got the gems for plasma bomber or critical path yet ?

On 06/08/2022 at 9:31 AM, tonkie18 said:

@AJ_-_808 omg!!!!! How did I not know this 1f630.png thanks for letting me know that will make my life so much easier! Bit of a dumb question but how do I take one offline ? do I sign out of PSN? Or stop internet connection?

@FebuKev can bomberman be boosted offline? Or will I need it online to have two controllers? Or can I multiplayer with your method? I still need to unlock all the things you said as I’ve not finished the story. Better get to that today!

You can play on both PS4 and PS5 at the same time, even on your PS3 if you want. You can stay connected on the Internet at the same time. 

You can boost Bomberman offline with both controllers if you prefer but you do not need to disconnect.

I recommend unlocking the Plasma Bomber from the Story. Plasma's special bomb explode way quick, you will lay more bombs per hour.

7 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

@FebuKev I’ve set the buttons to X and O but I can’t get the turbo to work? Am I doing something wrong 1f62c.png want to make sure it works before purchasing another. I’m trying on the home screen at minute while Bomberman downloading. Does it only work in game?

@AJ_-_808 this has just made my life so much better. Usually I play my vita on the loading screens of other games but now I can play my PS4! Thankyou 263a.png

If you use the Plasma Bomber, you can use only the X button as turbo. It is only in game, it is like you permanently and repeatedly press the X button. It will lay you bombs but also restart the game from the menu. It will repeat on and on until you remove the rubber.

Put the rubber around a grip of your controller so it keeps pressing the turbo pad activated.

@FebuKev I’m not doing it right I don’t think. I’m trying to get enough coins to unlock the plasma bomber at the minute, then I’ll try. On mine I lay bombs with O or is it different for Plasma bomber? I’ve tried to hold one of the paddles down to test it and it doesn’t repeatedly lay bombs. I don’t know whether it’s broken or it’s because I’m an imbecile ??‍♀️

12 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

@FebuKev I’m not doing it right I don’t think. I’m trying to get enough coins to unlock the plasma bomber at the minute, then I’ll try. On mine I lay bombs with O or is it different for Plasma bomber? I’ve tried to hold one of the paddles down to test it and it doesn’t repeatedly lay bombs. I don’t know whether it’s broken or it’s because I’m an imbecile ?1f3fc.png‍♀️

Plasma bomber can lay bombs with both X and O. The O bomb is the standard bomb like any other bomber. The X bomb is the special ability bomb that explodes quicker, so makes you earn time boosting.

Here is how to proceed with the pad:

- Fisrt you need to assign a button to your pad.

- Keep pressing the "set" button (for 3 seconds I think) until the light blinks

- Select the button you want to assign to each paddle (for instance X on the right pad. It does not matter for the left pad) by pressing the pad until the light goes near the icon of the required button.

- Press again the "set" button to confirm your choice.

- The light should still be near the little icon of the button you chose.

- From now you should be able to use the right paddle as the standard X button. But it does not do anything when you keep it pressed, it is normal as the turbo is not yet activated.

- To set up the turbo you now have press on both the "turbo" button and the assigned pad (right pad) together. I think the best is to press the "turbo" button first, and then the assigned pad at the same time.

If you did it well, the light should blink when you keep the right pad pressed.

From now you can use a rubber on it to use the turbo.

@FebuKev thanks so much for the detailed description. I’ll give it a go later on when I’m near the computer. I only have 3800 coins and need 9000 I think for both the bomber and the map. Taking forever to get coins. I’ll let you know if I get it working. And if I do I’ll buy another strike pad to make it go quicker ☺️