Crypt of the NecroDancer Announcement on Aug 4, 2022

Eternal21

27 minutes ago, RangyRV said:

Any word when/if its launching on PS?

No, at first they have to add the Synchrony DLC on Playstation. Without that lots of those achievements are not even possible. 

Edited by JasseZocker

2 hours ago, JasseZocker said:

I don't think 4x speed on Bolt is that bad because it is just zone 1 with at least six hearts. There are only a few really dangerous enemies. I think the biggest danger is the boss after 1-3 when you're unlucky. 

Every song is literally going to be like you are fighting death metal. Also, you better hope you don't get Death metal or Fortissimole when trying to get this achievement since both of the songs are close to 700 BPM.

1 hour ago, RangyRV said:

Any word when/if its launching on PS?

Well this is suppose to come out next month possibly the same day when Rift of the Necrodancer comes out.

Edited by KImura Xiaoyu
  • Like 3

Well some good news they did a live stream on crypt yesterday and someone asked when it's releasing on switch, and she said once the 1.0 update for synchrony is out then they can start talking about porting synchrony to the other platforms. So I guess next update for synchrony is the last update, then we can finally play the synchrony DLC on console. I ended up watching the whole stream in case she said something about synchrony coming to other platforms.

Edited by KImura Xiaoyu
  • Like 4

On 5/9/2023 at 9:01 AM, Eternal21 said:

I'm assuming it's still not clear if the trophies will be cheesable using new DLC? 

Mods disable achievements and No beat mode allows the Aria achievement but other than that disables achievements. Custom music allows you to cut the song speed by 0.5 (Death metal 350 BPM to 262 BPM) some custom songs do disable achievements, but some can be used. And finally, Multiplayer does allow achievements, just not every achievement. Pretty much any achievement that has the "solo" at the end doesn't work with Multiplayer.

Edited by KImura Xiaoyu
information
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, KImura Xiaoyu said:

Mods disable achievements and No beat mode allows the Aria achievement but other than that disables achievements. Custom music allows you to cut the song speed by 0.5 (Death metal 350 BPM to 262 BPM) some custom songs do disable achievements, but some can be used. And finally, Multiplayer does allow achievements, just not every achievement. Pretty much any achievement that has the "solo" at the end doesn't work with Multiplayer.

I guess the hardest trophies like all zones solo Coda and the All chars trophies are not cheesable? :D

25 minutes ago, JasseZocker said:

I guess the hardest trophies like all zones solo Coda and the All chars trophies are not cheesable? :D

Afaik there is a Save & Quit option in Synchrony, so unless that explicitly disables trophies, All Chars seems to at least become save-scummable ?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, JasseZocker said:

Ensemble mode allows online co-op for the achievement, so that must mean the all characters mode also allows online co-op. It does give everyone Coda when completing the all characters mode with online co-op, so maybe they allow you to get the achievement as well? Online co-op does make the game a lot harder though, since it can still be tough trying to figure out if an enemy is chasing you, and at any point the enemy can just give up on you and target someone else.

Edited by KImura Xiaoyu
  • Like 2

On 5/16/2023 at 1:10 AM, Arcesius said:

Afaik there is a Save & Quit option in Synchrony, so unless that explicitly disables trophies, All Chars seems to at least become save-scummable 1f914.png

I'm glad it's coming to console, we really need it. I had to leave the all characters DLC mid-run a few times because it was taking too long, and it was late, somehow found a perfect time and got it done thankfully, another scary thing is the game crashing since this game doesn't have the saving feature yet, it could happen mid-run ruining the run forcing you to redo the entire run all over again. With this feature you can save your progress and leave then return at any time you want, while on console the only way to keep your progress is by not closing the game or leaving the lobby. This is also going to be useful for the Undying trophy since it takes hours just like the all characters mode, although it is less stressful since Cadence has no disadvantages.

Edited by KImura Xiaoyu
  • Like 2

A few new features and a ton of bug fixes with Ensemble mode. They also secretly updated all the versions of the game, fixing the bugs. At least they fixed some of the bugs on console. I have encountered some of these bugs on console, glad they were fixed. I guess this is the update they said that was coming out? Guess we have to wait and see.

News 3.7.1

Edited by KImura Xiaoyu
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...
32 minutes ago, Yukiko Miyamoto said:

They finally made a post about the release date for the Crypt DLC has the date and time releasing

Finally, time to call in work for that day and get that day off 😂 I wonder if they will add all the synchrony achievements on console as there is one achievement called Family trip that requires coop which will be interesting.

4 hours ago, UnknownProphesy said:

Finally, time to call in work for that day and get that day off 😂 I wonder if they will add all the synchrony achievements on console as there is one achievement called Family trip that requires coop which will be interesting.

There will be cross platform coop On PS4 anyway. Never been excited for a DLC like this before lol

On 3/6/2024 at 6:41 PM, UnknownProphesy said:

Yes, they will copy and paste the early access list and sprinkle some new never seen before achievements/trophies in the full release.

19 hours ago, MohandGamer7 said:

There will be cross platform coop On PS4 anyway. Never been excited for a DLC like this before lol

Everyone should be as it's bringing literally online multiplayer, plus it's been in early access for an eternity and just now the guessing game is finally over.

Edited by Yukiko Miyamoto

3 hours ago, stealthlevel100 said:

I don't understand why would they release a DLC after several years. Anyways who wants to boost the Family Trip trophy together on Wednesday? :P

Well it looks like they keep the early access going for two years then that's when they finally release it fully, also they tend to plan updates on Wednesday as its their favorite day. A lot of people have been begging for this DLC to release, Demi and the other developers know how badly we want this.

3 hours ago, Yukiko Miyamoto said:

Well it looks like they keep the early access going for two years then that's when they finally release it fully, also they tend to plan updates on Wednesday as its their favorite day. A lot of people have been begging for this DLC to release, Demi and the other developers know how badly we want this.

Wow, thanks for the info, that is nice. I hope you enjoy and like the DLC when it releases!

For me honestly, I'm not that excited, even though I have over 1000+ in the base game and amplified. I'm still debating with myself whether I should skip this DLC or buy it on Steam now and try it out.

6 hours ago, stealthlevel100 said:

For me honestly, I'm not that excited, even though I have over 1000+ in the base game and amplified. I'm still debating with myself whether I should skip this DLC or buy it on Steam now and try it out.

Good thing it has cross-platform coop so we can do a Coda lobby together 👀 That would be epic

• Like 1

Only one day left till it releases! Crazy they kept the early access going for 3 in a half years at least they will pull the plug for that and finally give us what we have been waiting for.

Edited by Yukiko Miyamoto

1 hour ago, Yukiko Miyamoto said:

Only one day left till it releases! Crazy they kept the early access going for 3 in a half years at least they will pull the plug for that and finally give us what we have been waiting for.

I bought the synchrony DLC on steam, yeah it is worth every cent, the 3 new characters are amazing. Will buy again on PS.