Which is best GHOSTS or BO2

UPAxGUNxGRAVE

Havent played ghosts but I struggle with every zombie mode game.

Havent got the platinum in BO1 or BO2 because of a couple of trophies which are half luck based and the hit detection in zombie mode makes no sense since theres no visual synchronisation between where the zombies arms are flying and when you are dealt damage... it makes me go mad.

Apart from that, the only thing I really hate about COD games is how the tons of DLC trophies kill completion rate, and im not spending £40 on DLC's for each game, but still, I might pick up ghosts later on and hope atleast the main game is better than BO2.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I never played the campaign of BLOPS2 (never finished the first one because of the infinite spawning enemies in one part) however I will say that for all the COD games I have finished (which is every one but BLOPS1&2 and the first game) Ghosts might have the worst with a horrible plot line, and not even in the predicable way just plain awful that:

SPOILER

ends in a terrible cliffhanger, 2016 everyone

SPOILER

I will say that I personally have had more fun with Extinction then Zombies, because TBH I have felt like zombies have been milked to death since the first BLOPS and aren't even as interesting with a focus on to much easter eggs without any attention to detail.

I also would say I had more fun playing BLOPS 2's online over Ghosts because I liked the map variety and because the guns weren't as broken (it also had a slightly better community, but one may not be as lucky I was for the 20 hours of playtime I had in BLOPS 2)

I'd say BLOPS 2 because we all know no one buys these games for the SP (well I know people do, but they're always so disappointing I don't even know why I play them from time to time...)

My personal opinion is that Black Ops 2 is the superior game, but here's my opinion on the different parts of the games:

CAMPAIGN: BO2 has a far better story and campaign (continuing from the original Black Ops) and it's different enough in its campaign execution from other COD games to be interesting (branching paths, etc). Ghosts has an EXTREMELY generic story that basically almost mirrors the plot of most shooters in the last few years (it's not bad, but it's not anything great), and it's very short. BO2's story actually made me care a little about the characters (somewhat) whereas Ghosts' plot was a 4 hour shooting gallery with a dog and very tame gunplay.

MULTIPLAYER: This is my opinion again, but BO2 excels over Ghosts here too. While some of the weapons in BO2 are overpowered, it's balanced for the most part and it's simple enough to hop into and play. It's perfectly paced and quite fair. Ghosts has a decent multiplayer component but it's a little too fast (i.e. you drop like a sack of hammers if you're shot once or twice) and a lot of the scorestreaks / killstreaks are too Battlefield-y for my liking.

OTHER MODES: I think both games tie here. BO2 has a great Zombies component that becomes really fun if you have a lot of friends that also play it and there are plenty of maps if you're willing to pay for the rather expensive DLC. Ghosts actually has an enjoyable equivalent in the Extinction mode, and it's different enough from Zombies to be interesting and fresh (but the map becomes stale if you play it repeatedly, which is...sort of what you need to do to progress). 

Basically, my pick is Black Ops 2. I STILL play it online. I shelved Ghosts months ago and only hop online if my mates are close to getting a trophy or two I need...then they invite me to the end of their game, haha.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...