(Read Before Server Closure) You Can Reroll which Revenge Character you Get

Mr_Wright95

15 hours ago, Mr_Wright95 said:

Once you beat one revenge character this cannot be done, so needs to be done as soon as you hit rank 7.

I didn't abuse this trick since I was easily on time anyway, but I believe it resets the character regardless of wether its the first revenge character or not. A few times I restarted the game and was met with a different character.

So IF you are already past the first secret character, might as well try rerolling too..

8 minutes ago, NMErickson said:

Will make revenge Kato first priority using this tip. And the rest of the revenge characters will still cycle after server closure?

Ye it can cycle offline. Just, you need kato for the ultimate fishing rod and fishing on open courses require an internet connection.

• Like 1

I'm trying to reroll my revenge character but it's giving me the same person each time. I've gone back to the main menu and closed the game entirely but it's not changing at all. And I just reached rank 7 so I haven’t challenged any characters yet.

Edited by BYW4T3R5-1996
Added more info

5 hours ago, Jeanoltt said:

Thanks! As a quick list, all you need to do before September 30th is:

- Getting 5 condors in open course.

- Beating Revenge Kato.

- Finishing the fish encyclopedia.

I hope I'm not missing anything.

You can technically achieve the Condor offline, but would take far far far longer as it would be pure chance and might have to play some of the previous holes in a tournament, so definitely get it done before.

you are correct on the other two. 

25 minutes ago, BYW4T3R5-1996 said:

I'm trying to reroll my revenge character but it's giving me the same person each time. I've gone back to the main menu and closed the game entirely but it's not changing at all. And I just reached rank 7 so I haven’t challenged any characters yet.

By any chance did you start the revenge match before you quit out? 

I think that sets it to be that character,

Someone else said you can reroll after day one so long as you haven't challenged that revenge character for the day, so hopefully that helps

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BYW4T3R5-1996 said:

It's probably because you did something that triggered an autosave like customizing your character, buying from a shop, and I believe exiting the game the normal way.  It basically sets whoever you saw as the revenge character for that day. In order for this trick to work, the first time you see the character and it's not Kato, don't do anything that causes an autosave and exit the game by pressing the ps home button and closing the game from the ps menu. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, mestre_cabelo said:

It doesn’t work for me! I try restart the game for almost half hour, and the revenge character NEVER change…

Now i’m counting with luck to beat him before friday.

You can still re-roll the next day. So let's say you didn't get Kato today. You beat whoever you got today (or even if you lose, no big deal). After you win/lose against today's opponent, make a backup cloud save of your game. Then tomorrow when your character resets (8PM EST time), log into the game, and without talking to the character, just visibly look from afar to see if it's Kato. He'll be wearing a black vest over a red plaid shirt, looks like this:

zp9zeMf.png

If you don't see that character, hold the PS button and quit the game. Keep re-launching the game and it should change the character. Worst case scenario, if the same thing happens where it doesn't change the character, you at least now have a cloud backup save you can copy to your hard drive to ensure 100% you will get a new character

• Like 3