RE5 online coop run by capcom servers?

Voland44

or not? and its just p2p? so much shutdowns nowadays, i wonder if RE5 at risk as well ? 

btw i saw some mods on PC where you can play Versus with bots, even with achievements working. i guess its not completely on servers...?

Edited by Voland44

AFAIK, it's P2P on all platforms but that doesn't mean anything these days, because a lot of supposedly P2P only games use middleware to facilitate the matchmaking between players so if that gets shutdown, all the online stuff goes with it. I don't know if RE 5 uses any middleware but I certainly wouldn't dawdle if you want to 100% either stack.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

12 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I don't know if RE 5 uses any middleware

It would pretty much have to since there's leaderboards and matchmaking and stuff.

They're so cheap to maintain though that they don't get shutdown alot, but there is always that small risk.

But it's a pretty safe bet that Capcom will shut their less popular ones before this one. Pretty sure Dragon's Dogma is still up and that would have a bigger server load than RE5.

• Like 2

On 21.08.2022 at 1:13 AM, HuntingFever said:

if you want to 100% either stack.

actually my primary concern is availability of coop in one of the best coop experiences

i mean, seeing Conviction and Blacklist killed, awesome coop too, getting worrying about RE5

on other note, i think it would be safe to say, that when they gonna shutdown them, they would kill x360 and ps3 versions first.

Edited by Voland44

• 1 month later...