for Vicious Beats Block

BurningIce1313

Both should count.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbhOHeE89cg

I tend to find I get better luck with a vicious special, like the cutter or tackle, than I do using the standard grapple. The windup is less so the opponent doesn't have as much chance to drop the block and hit a strike.

That's if I can find anyone blocking at all. Also not sure if the whole move has to play out uninterrupted or it just has to connect.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I’ve completed this yesterday. It was my last trophy and I can give some tips if you cannot self boost/boost with others as I could not either.

When the match begins, make sure to fly low and free fall close to the edge of the ring. Don’t worry about looking for upgrades and go find someone to fight as 7/10 times you’ll run into bots who have predictable move sets, or newbies who may not want an early fight in the game so they’ll do a lot of blocking. These early interactions will give you many opportunities to get progress for this trophy. If you’ve managed to survive that early game, then I suggest you look for upgrades at this point as the further in you go, the less bots you’ll come across.

Another good way to make progress is to find two or a group of people fighting. Watch for the ones who are blocking and attack them quickly with vicious. Or run into the group of people and if they notice you running towards them, they’ll very likely be blocking.

It looks like vicious attacks counts even when your opponent dodges after block to avoid your vicious attack without being damaged. My ? popped exactly at this moment, I was very surprised but happy I finished this grind. I hope it will help you guys/lads. Good luck. 

Edited by bratMario
  • Like 1