2k23 PS4 Trophy Thoughts

Andrea9281

The list for last-gen looks a lot simpler than current gen as we don't have to do the city grinds for fashion/music/business. We also have a collection of easy and short miscs instead of the more time consuming The W grind. Best of all, the grindy trophies from last year for maxing out badges and stats are gone. Now the most time consuming MyCareer trophy looks to be "earn 1 million fans" which, if it's like last year, will not be bad at all. We also have the NBA Today trophy again, which is one you will definitely not want to procrastinate on. This is likely to be the first one on the list to go unobtainable, likely right after the 2023 NBA finals.

MyTeam is the same as PS5 and so level 40 + maximum prestige in unlimited will likely be the most time consuming parts of the platinum, but at least the skill-based trophies (win 10 games of draft/"This is Sparta") and RNG trophies (holographic original owner and original owner card graded at 10) from 2k22 are gone from this year's list.

Which version will you go for the platinum for, PS4 or PS5? Maybe both? The trophies I am most worried about in terms of cross-progression are level 40 and maximum unlimited prestige, as well as Jordan challenge 45 stars. The former two I think worst case will be obtainable by doing the requirements in a second MyTeam season but Jordan Challenge completion could trigger only once, and therefore be unable to be earned on two versions, like the Unicorn trophy was last year for a time.

Edited by Andrea9281

20 minutes ago, Andrea9281 said:

The list for last-gen looks a lot simpler than current gen as we don't have to do the city grinds for fashion/music/business. We also have a collection of easy and short miscs instead of the more time consuming The W grind. Best of all, the grindy trophies from last year for maxing out badges and stats are gone. Now the most time consuming MyCareer trophy looks to be "earn 1 million fans" which, if it's like last year, will not be bad at all. We also have the NBA Today trophy again, which is one you will definitely not want to procrastinate on. This is likely to be the first one on the list to go unobtainable, likely right after the 2023 NBA finals.

MyTeam is the same as PS5 and so level 40 + maximum prestige in unlimited will likely be the most time consuming parts of the platinum, but at least the skill-based trophies (win 10 games of draft/"This is Sparta") and RNG trophies (holographic original owner and original owner card graded at 10) from 2k22 are gone from this year's list.

Which version will you go for the platinum for, PS4 or PS5? Maybe both? The trophies I am most worried about in terms of cross-progression are level 40 and maximum unlimited prestige, as well as Jordan challenge 45 stars. The former two I think worst case will be obtainable by doing the requirements in a second MyTeam season but Jordan Challenge completion could trigger only once, and therefore be unable to be earned on two versions, like the Unicorn trophy was last year for a time.

Whats the best player type to create to earn all the myplayer trophies? This is the first year I’ll try to platinum it

3 minutes ago, Trofiend said:

Whats the best player type to create to earn all the myplayer trophies? This is the first year I’ll try to platinum it

It shouldn’t matter too much but I always use a 6’7” slashing small forward.  Can get steals as well as blocks.

I feel like both current and next gens lists aren’t that bad imo, this looks like a fun and an improvement from the other 2k lists. But with that being said I’d say the worst trophies on the game will be the level 40 In one season and probably the 2 unlimited ones but I’m happy to grind those because I love playing unlimited!

15 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Yes, but personally I found it much more enjoyable.  I really like MYTeam.  Could never get into MUT.  But same concept.

Okay and is VC only used on my player or good for all modes? Trying to decide what edition to buy

5 minutes ago, Trofiend said:

Okay and is VC only used on my player or good for all modes? Trying to decide what edition to buy

I know you can use VC for MyPlayer or MyTeam.  MyTeam also has another currency you can earn by playing, which is used for the Auction House (getting cards)