Frozen Hearth DLC Gold Medal Challenges Guide

Llobster12

On 9/20/2022 at 5:51 PM, yowzagabowza said:

Excellent guide! I used different methods for almost all of the challenges : ) But that's what makes these so fun!

Hah! That's awesome! I think the genius of this game is how many different builds are totally viable.

18 hours ago, Moridin83 said:

Thank you for this! It was really helpful when I got stuck on a couple of these.

I'm so glad it helped! I really enjoyed putting it together.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm totally stumped here with Ward Swap Boss. How are you attacking so fast? I get a single Killer Sting every 2.5 seconds. The tool tip for the move says that it can be held or tapped, but holding it does nothing different.

Did this move get nerfed in a patch or something? Anybody else having the issue?

* Edit - Might've just figured it out. My Killer Sting is level 1. I'll upgrade it and report back.

* Edit 2 - That was the problem. Worked great after upgrading it.

Edited by Plattitudes

• 11 months later...

Couple of things to note: During “Whackamelee,” Mermaid’s Resolve wasn’t helping much as things were dying before they were hurting me enough to get any significant regen. I found it better to put on the Rat’s Scavenger. Also, with Strongman as base, Crit King was largely unnecessary to cause enough damage; found it better to put on the one that makes it so you can’t be interrupted, so the spinning enemies couldn’t knock you out of Flex.

On Hard Shelled Baddies, there’s no need for Mermaid’s Resolve, as it gives you unlimited mana automatically for the challenge. Swapping in either Poison build up for extra ticks or Crit King helps.