Trophy thoughts?

kidson2004

First time this happens to me: I had all the Ss in all the missions, I completed the last chapter with the S but only the trophy of the normal difficulty game came out. I synchronize the trophies and notice that there is also the trophy of all the S. In practice, the trophy comes out but the notification is missing. 

On 9/25/2022 at 4:05 PM, jd4903 said:

3OO Combo seemz very difficult to do only thing mii kan think of is Arena with many enemy

Sadly, you can’t get trophies in the arena, but hitting the 300 combo isn’t too difficult once you progress in the game a bit and have some Einherjar. I’m playing on Hard, if it matters, but I’m regularly clocking in 300-500 hits on trash mob packs. If you’re having trouble, Eygon’s third memories quest (which unlocked for me prior to starting Chapter 6) has a ridiculously damage-spongey boss. Summon Eygon and Kristoffer (I believe that’s her name. Not near the console and for some reason she doesn’t register in my brain, but the Light-element knight woman with one eye) and go nuts with a Bolverk (name might be wrong, again, things aren’t sticking. But it’s the second sword you get, that has the rapid stab attacks), using the Soul Leash to keep hopping behind the boss while you do it. You’ll hit 300 long before it’s dead. I think my final count was somewhere in the 800s, and that was including losing my combo more than once when I ran away to heal.

On 9/25/2022 at 4:35 PM, jd4903 said:

Well there is a Battle Arena in Valhalla found it in Demo

Unfortunately, as others have noted, the Arena doesn’t allow you to earn trophies.

On 9/27/2022 at 4:45 AM, sephirothdude said:

What are the requirements for s ranking? does it vary from mission to mission?

The score requirement itself doesn’t seem to change (~30,500 or so), but the specifics of earning it do. It’s mostly factored on time (faster run = more points). You can lose a good chunk from taking a lot of damage or using too many items, and you earn some (usually between 300-1000 per category) for summoning Einherjar, your max combo and using Divine Arts. Even on hard, I’ve gotten at least an A rank on every level first time, and going back for the S ranks hasn’t been particularly challenging (the score difference in the time category for “scouring the level for goodies” vs. “rushing towards the objectives” is usually enough), so long as you’re tossing your Einherjar at every enemy pack and being spam-happy with your Arts (even healing) while doing your level best to avoid using items.

On 9/29/2022 at 4:50 AM, Shinjiro120 said:

Also, I can't find all the flowers on the third (?) chapter, the city by the sea. I've S ranked all of them and looked on the main quests and there's nothing else on the map. Anyone knows which side quest has the blossoms?

I was having a hard time finding the last Verdant Blossom in the the third Chapter, finally located it; it’s in the church-type building in the middle of the second section. There’s hidden stairwells towards the back that go to the second floor, and there’s one hanging out there. While hunting for this one, I discovered that some maps have a “second floor” area with different markers (and lots of internal areas have a “zoomed in” map) that don’t show when you’re at “ground level” or outside the building. Best advice is to keep checking your map any time you go through a door or change elevation, and scan the entire map to help find what you’re looking for. Other than the one I was missing on Chapter 3, I haven’t missed any as of Chapter 6.

Edited by Ashande
Fixed party member’s name
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, jd4903 said:

Am not doin that am jist wait till they break down an add NG+

Could be waiting a very long time. And honestly, Hard isn’t that hard; you’ll always have more than enough resources to upgrade your primary weapons and buy the skills you need, just from the fights you have to complete to progress, can skip all the side missions and worrying about S-ranks, if you’ve done them already, and just beeline for the bad ending, skipping all the annoying boss fights at the end.

I'm just at Chapter 3 so far, started on Hard and really think about to just play through the Story without any Side Missions etc.

Will it be a wise idea to get/farm for any trophy in this run? For example the Flower thing?
Or will it be better to gather everything on the Normal run instead?

On 9/29/2022 at 1:55 PM, jd4903 said:

Mii Tweeted em bout NG+ cause without NG+ Norm Hard ein't possible

I fail to see how “Hard mode ain’t possible.” I have every trophy except for the Proficiency one (and have 3 weapons finished for that) and the Normal difficulty one, and haven’t left Hard. I understand different people have different skill levels, but I say with all honesty, Hard is not as hard as some folks are making it out to be. Further, if you think NG+ will let you breeze through it, you’re sorely mistaken. Even with everything maxed, enemies can and will pulverize you, even in the opening areas, if you don’t at least try to play smart. The worst part of the game - the string of boss fights concluding Chapter 9 if you’re going for the “Good” (not “True”) ending - can be skipped if you already did all the endings on Normal by just beelining to the chat marker and opting for the “Nope! Not dealin’ with it” option.

1 hour ago, Durandart said:

I'm just at Chapter 3 so far, started on Hard and really think about to just play through the Story without any Side Missions etc.

Will it be a wise idea to get/farm for any trophy in this run? For example the Flower thing?
Or will it be better to gather everything on the Normal run instead?

You’ll have an easier time on Hard if you do the side missions. The extra Ambrosias, Eijerhar stats and Divine Arts are all worthwhile and make the going a little easier. The Training Ground missions are painful, but the rewards are worthwhile (and if you get into the mode of using parries and counters, and are aware that every enemy has a weapon weakness as still as an elemental one, they’re not as bad as they initially seem.)

2 hours ago, JhOnNY_HD said:

Why you write so bad in every single post?

Been wondering that myself. I don’t know that we’ll ever get an answer.

• Like 1

Yeah hard isn't that bad honestly, though I guess I wouldn't call it mindless either. It feels about perfect to me. Been going for S ranks on hard as well and it's a lot of fun. But even if you're just aiming for the trophy I think there is a lot of room for cheese since so many different things give you iframes in this game.

Like firestorm for example has iframes the entire casting animation and that animation is like 3 seconds long, it's kinda dumb. I actually used it as a defensive skill a lot early in the game before I had more defensive options unlocked. Soul burst (I think it's called, basically UTs from Ninja Gaiden) have iframes the entire animation as well.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ashande said:

You’ll have an easier time on Hard if you do the side missions. The extra Ambrosias, Eijerhar stats and Divine Arts are all worthwhile and make the going a little easier. The Training Ground missions are painful, but the rewards are worthwhile (and if you get into the mode of using parries and counters, and are aware that every enemy has a weapon weakness as still as an elemental one, they’re not as bad as they initially seem.)

i was afraid to use the Ambrosias because i did't now if its permanent oder temporary buff but i guesss its permanent. :)
Normally i'm not so bad at games so i guess i could try to S everthing on Hard, could be frustrationg sometimes i guess?

25 minutes ago, Durandart said:

i was afraid to use the Ambrosias because i did't now if its permanent oder temporary buff but i guesss its permanent. :)
Normally i'm not so bad at games so i guess i could try to S everthing on Hard, could be frustrationg sometimes i guess?

Tried that on my first playthrough, but some aspects of the combat are simply too janky to make S-ranking everything on hard an enjoyable experiecne. I'm keeping that for my "Normal" Playthrough now, the combat feels much more fluid if you don't have to hit everything 30 times to kill it. Not to mention that some enemies witll always stun you from behind, because even with Einherjars everything swarms to the Valkyrie...

Either way, a playthrough on hard is fairly doable, especially with the "fast" ending.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trivane92 said:

Guys, any clue whether November update brings any new trophies to the list? Theres supposed be to be two new difficulty modes, whats the chance we’ll have to replay the game two more times as the trophies probably wont stack? 

I hope there’s some new trophies; I imagine the Hilde Story Mode would have them, at least. There hasn’t been any official word on the subject that I’m aware of, though.

Dreading the thought if they decide to add trophies for the new difficulties. Don’t fancy playing most of the game twice more for that. Not that it’ll stop me from doing it anyway. ?